2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of wonderful and fuzzy memories on Water Street.
I don't have plenty of them, but some that were plenty fuzzy.

Got an inzer belt and some sleeves coming my way, cant wait!

I'll be taking a break from the gym tonight and working on my 12 oz curls tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be taking a break from the gym tonight and working on my 12 oz curls tonight

Do them in a rack and you'll be golden, safety bars if you fall.

Do them in a rack and you'll be golden, safety bars if you fall.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451167607.855950.jpg

I'm feeling frisky I may try the 64 oz.

2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Oooof could be bad. I'd go lighter and stick with hypertrophy work.

Good call! =

Last edited:
I really like the cables so many different things you can do with them.

Except squat, deadlift, and press.

You can adjust the height on these ones so you can do the press but very true for the others. I still love them though.

You can adjust the height on these ones so you can do the press but very true for the others. I still love them though.
There are no true replacements for squats and deads

There are no true replacements for squats and deads

That's the truth.

Do you guys do anything golf specific to help with swing speed that actually works? My sister is s yoga instructor and has sent me some great stretches to do.

That's the truth.

Do you guys do anything golf specific to help with swing speed that actually works? My sister is s yoga instructor and has sent me some great stretches to do.
I personally love this question. The only thing that will make your swing speed faster, is proper golf swing mechanics. But lifting to a full range of motion and getting stronger, with focusing on compound movements, cannot and will not slow you down.

I personally love this question. The only thing that will make your swing speed faster, is proper golf swing mechanics. But lifting to a full range of motion and getting stronger, with focusing on compound movements, cannot and will not slow you down.

That's what I thought. Over the past 2 years I've dropped 5mph I really want to gain some of that back.

That's what I thought. Over the past 2 years I've dropped 5mph I really want to gain some of that back.
Getting stronger will not hurt that. Focus on the "big bar" lifts and you will be OK.

That's the truth.

Strengthening core and working on glutes and hamstrings (fight early extention). Main thing I believe in is trying to lift the weight as fast as possible while maintaining proper form. People hate hearing it but you gotta build your body like a house, foundation up. Meaning squats and deads should be the meat of the workouts. Be sure to keep stretching. Golf swing power comes from speed/flexibility and and good swing mechanics

My flexibility has always been better than average. I'll keep putting in work and see what the old track man says in the spring.

My flexibility has always been better than average. I'll keep putting in work and see what the old track man says in the spring.
Squats. Deads.

This guy did pretty good with compound movements and maintaining a good golf swing

instruction-2011-09-inar01_gary_player.jpg

Squats. Deads.

This guy did pretty good with compound movements and maintaining a good golf swing

instruction-2011-09-inar01_gary_player.jpg

I don't think I have his swing mechanics. Hahaha.

In the opinions of the fit peeps on this thread, would a body-weight regimen build enough strength for improving my game?

In the opinions of the fit peeps on this thread, would a body-weight regimen build enough strength for improving my game?

Yes and Yes IMO. I love to light weight but don't have a gym membership any more so I do all most all body weight exercises. There are a ton of different body weight workout out there and they work great. I do however have a trx at home and do a lot of my workouts on there. I am a big fan of the TRX and it will not only improve your strength but your balance at the same time. Your core strength will increase. I would be more than happy to send you a list of the body weight workouts I do.

Stepped on a scale yesterday for the first time in months and was NOT happy with the 3-digit combination it spit out! Time to make time for the gym again, need to drop 30lbs over this winter.

You will get stronger and it will help your game. To a level. Body weight training is good, it will make your life better. It will get you stronger. but it is not strength training. That doesn't mean it's bad, just depends on your goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back