The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at the check in desk for an hour ,seems the booking company of our flight mixed both our first and last names up. Sometimes common sense is a virtue. Simply amazing we may be delayed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hotel, airline or car? Airlines are so difficult about those mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SW cancelled my brothers flight and told him he had to stay put til tomorrow. They don't rebook on other carriers and had no flights out. I am ok with that but the guy on the phone was a complete ass. This is why Delta is getting my business in 2016.

Ungrateful people also bug the hell out of me!

Hotel, airline or car? Airlines are so difficult about those mistakes.

It was only airline as we are staying with my gf's family there. So difficult arg.
SW cancelled my brothers flight and told him he had to stay put til tomorrow. They don't rebook on other carriers and had no flights out. I am ok with that but the guy on the phone was a complete ass. This is why Delta is getting my business in 2016.

Ours in unsure once we get to Monterey, which is unsettling. Pretty much we may be hooped, but I am remaining hope all will be ok.

That happened to me with them a few years ago when I had to fly them exclusively for work. I had 4 awful things happen in a row and they basically said I don't care about your business.

They work for a lot of people though, which hopefully means less going after status with AA next year for me.

Day 6 of Christmas! I have to admit that I get extremely annoyed having to visit different family for 6 days in a row.

That happened to me with them a few years ago when I had to fly them exclusively for work. I had 4 awful things happen in a row and they basically said I don't care about your business.

They work for a lot of people though, which hopefully means less going after status with AA next year for me.

I've seen a down turn in their level of service. Delta gave me Gold status for switch my elite status over. I wonder what I can get from AA. I just want dependable travel and some comfort.

2016 will be the first year since 1999 that I will have no status with Hilton for that reason - too many screw ups. Plus I normally stayed at Hampton Inn and they were really showing lots of wear and tear.

I went from Diamond, to Gold, to silver and now Joe Schmo blue because of crappy customer service.

I've seen a down turn in their level of service. Delta gave me Gold status for switch my elite status over. I wonder what I can get from AA. I just want dependable travel and some comfort.

If AA had more direct flights out of St Louis and less old bitter flight attendants in St. Louis I would still fly AA. Unfortunately everything is a connection through DFW or ORD and anything direct is a Chitigua Airlines cigar tube with bitter flight attendants.

I'm convinced the putting greens at Dicks and golf galaxy are grooved so that every putt goes right in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could probably throw golftown into category too, I can't seem to miss there

2016 will be the first year since 1999 that I will have no status with Hilton for that reason - too many screw ups. Plus I normally stayed at Hampton Inn and they were really showing lots of wear and tear.

I went from Diamond, to Gold, to silver and now Joe Schmo blue because of crappy customer service.

Hampton turned 35 years old this year. But really didn't hit a massive distribution until the daly 90's so many of them are coming up on their 20 year license renewal. It's a huge $$$ being demanded by Hilton on their PIP to remain Hampton.

Most of the owners will do it to retain the power of the brand name. But don't be surprised to see many of them become Comfort Inns.

Holiday Inn went through the same thing about 15 or 20 years ago as it came on line in the 50's.

Hampton turned 35 years old this year. But really didn't hit a massive distribution until the daly 90's so many of them are coming up on their 20 year license renewal. It's a huge $$$ being demanded by Hilton on their PIP to remain Hampton.

Most of the owners will do it to retain the power of the brand name. But don't be surprised to see many of them become Comfort Inns.

Holiday Inn went through the same thing about 15 or 20 years ago as it came on line in the 50's.

That's good info.

I've moved over to Hyatt and have been extremely happy. The only issue is that they are not available in small cities.

That's good info.

I've moved over to Hyatt and have been extremely happy. The only issue is that they are not available in small cities.

For low cost hotels, Hyatt Place is better than just about every other chain we have stayed.
We have Diamond with them, Diamond with Hilton and Gold through SPG.

I used to be Marriott, but their program is awful compared to others in terms of status and what it takes to get there and what is given once there. Hyatt will treat you right, as they really have a great program.

Finally through. We will make this leg

JB knows my affinity for Hyatt even while working for a competing chain.

He os right about the Hyatt Place brand. You will run into one every now and then that was a converted Amerisuites and still has that level of service. But I'd say those are getting fewer and fewer each year.

But it in my mind there is no better full service hotel and value than the Hyatt Brand, whether its Regency or Grand or Park.

Bittersweet Christmas yesterday. I enjoyed a great quiet day won't Michelle and got many great texts and calls from THP family and my sisters.

I've mentioned in previous threads that my mother has dementia. Her memory has rapidly been going.

However it hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. She didn't recognize me at all when I spoke to her.

Her boyfriend had to lead her though the entire conversation but there was no recall of me at all.

I thanked Don for continuing to take care of her, told her I loved her and couldn't help but break down in tears afterward.

It's a day we (my sisters and brother) knew was inevitable, but didn't make it any easier.

I know several others here have the same disease in their families and know how heartbreaking it can be.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Very sorry to hear this Rob. I have several co-workers dealing with this same very thing, including Dawn's father who is struggling with as his own sister is suffers from it. I see their struggles and I am sorry you are dealing with the same thing. I am here if you ever need to chat.

I'm tired, frustrated and feel like I'm stuck in a couple bad spots where I don't know what the right move is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dog tore a nail last night... bled like crazy, I thought he was dying lol. Took him in for treatment and will have to pick him up later. Poor thing, he's having a bad month. Just got neutered and now another procedure... he was not happy

Corgi decided to take a dump inside today and then the Roomba ran. I think you can guess where this is going.

Corgi decided to take a dump inside today and then the Roomba ran. I think you can guess where this is going.

Its awful, but Im literally laughing out loud. Those robots I guess are not that smart.

Its awful, but Im literally laughing out loud. Those robots I guess are not that smart.

Picture me with latex gloves on doing depoooping surgery on a robot. Should add a bit of a side splitting chuckle.

thanks for explaining that, I didn't know what roomba was, so now I can only imagine the scene:D

Effing Cancer. Luckily not me or my family but a former co-worker of mine. Her Aunt still works with me so I hear updates about her from time to time. Was thinking about her last week and asked about her. Come to find out she's had a couple major surgeries (breast and brain). The latest brain surgery has taken its toll on her memory. I saw her today as we were leaving Penn Station subs. She looked tired and wore out and not herself. I didn't say anything to her because her Aunt had told me her memory is slipping. It was just sad to see her in this condition, knowing what she was like before. The positive thing is she's fighting and kicking Cancers a$s. She's leaning on her faith and it keeps her strong and keeps her going.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The Official Rant of the Day

Never posted in here before, but with a 4 day visit to the inlaws coming tomorrow I think I may be frequenting this thread!

Also - I'm terribly sorry about the mess but I believe this is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Last night we tried to land in 65 mph winds ,with no luck . First attempt made landing but the place felt like it was tipping over (a 20 row plane or 2 seater). We quickly flew back up and circled around twice. The winds were way too strong to land here so we headed back an hour to where to arrived in Mexico . Got checked into a hotel around 230 am, up at 5am to return hopefully to our final destination. It's been a struggle we left yesterday at this time. Cheers to less winds today.

... sounds worse than a paint by number.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back