Sorry, I don't see it.

Periodically I take all the clubs out at once to clean faces and grips. No big deal to do up all the zippers and turn the bag over.

This ^^^^ has worked well for me over the years.

I think the zipper that is already used is a great idea, but JB I think your idea would be better. I don't know how big the zipper is on the Ogio or other bags that have them, but knowing that everything is completely out and easy to see would be nice.

I firmly believe there is still a golf ball in the bottom of my uncle's bag that I tried to chip over the cart (and obviously failed) from 3 years ago

The zipper inside the side pocket provides access on my Ping bag.

Might work on staff or cart bags, but seems to me that the bottom is an integral part of a lot of stand mechanisms, so there might be some redesign needed.

It can certainly be done, but IMO, it's more complicated than we are thinking at first blush. Any time you add a part you introduce some extra cost, especially when it's user replaceable.

The question that companies will ultimately ask is how much more would we be willing to pay for a bag that has this capability, will there be enough willing to spend the extra to offset the extra costs that come with it?

I think a golf bag should have a removable bottom. Im not sure why other than cost it has not been done as of yet. Screw cap with plastic could still seal the same with no worries, so cost has to be the biggest concern. Everybody I know has lost something in there at least once, and getting it out is one of the biggest pains out there.

Just think about the amount of moisture, dirt and grass that ends up in the bottom and the thought of an easy way to clean it seems logical and beneficial for every golfer.

Maybe I have to do this on my own. #MyIdea

I would get this on kickstarter and let's get one made. I would be in as there have been several times I have lost stuff in there and just written it off because it isn't worth it to completely empty out the bag so I can flip it upside down and shake it like it owes me money.

Or a bottomless bag with the top narrow enough to hold iron heads, probably increase air circulation and keep debris out too.

A bottom that comes off is a great idea...Instead of screwing off, have it hinged on 1 side and a latch/clasp on the other..pop it loose shake out your cellphone/watch/gatorade bottle and 2 dozen golf tees...then pop the bottom back in place

Just saw this, i think it's an ingenious idea.

I think this is an excellent idea and I wish I had thought of it. With the various shapes we find on the bottom of golf bags, a simple screw in and out circle would do nicely. Just leave room at the bottom the dividers for what ever it is that fell into the bag will gather at the bottom. Hell, you could add a zipper at the base of the bag and unzip the hard cover bottom to retrieve your keys or what ever.

I think a golf bag should have a removable bottom. Im not sure why other than cost it has not been done as of yet. Screw cap with plastic could still seal the same with no worries, so cost has to be the biggest concern. Everybody I know has lost something in there at least once, and getting it out is one of the biggest pains out there.

Just think about the amount of moisture, dirt and grass that ends up in the bottom and the thought of an easy way to clean it seems logical and beneficial for every golfer.

I've kind of done this with my Callaway staff bag but for my own personal weird reasons. I cut out a circular piece of plastic from the top of a large plastic storage bin and keep trimming until I got it right and wedged it at the bottom of the bag so that it sits flush. The bottom of the bag before seemed VERY conducive to trapping grass, dirt, etc. but with the smooth plastic bottom I just turn the bag over and blow a little compressed air and it all comes out. I'm sure I could take it out if need be but having that plastic bottom seems to have eliminated that need.

Well, thanks to this thread I now know that my Ogio bag has a zipper to access the club storage area. My rain cover has always been sitting over it, so I had no clue it was even there.

Clean as a whistle! Patent pending so if I see any THP'ers with Tupperware bottoms in their bags I'm coming after you in civil court.

AB3D588C-6576-42E6-897D-20E8AE17C273_zpsvkxcyrbz.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the CleanBottle water bottle. A certain segment of the population might be interested, but I personally haven't seen a real need for it.

You could very easily make the bottom a quick release system. Throw a hinge on one side and run the opening mechanism up to the top of the other side. Just Pull the button in and bottom drops open like a vacuum cleaner.

I agree 100%. I would love to be able to clean the bottom of the bag I am always wiping the end cap off the grips because they pick up dirt that gets inside the bag. How about a THP bag with a removable bottom? I would like 14 full length dividers if your taking orders..

Would love to have a bag with a removable bottom, so I sense the next THP innovation for the THP store?!?!?!?! Limited edition bags with removable bottoms!

Or at least zipper access to the bottom of the bag.

Every bag I have had has a zipper in one of the large side pockets that allows you access to the inside of the wells.

Solid idea, I really don't think the cost would be that much more when you consider it is a hard plastic material.

Good idea. My kids are always throwing rocks grass and other stuff into my bag. It would be nice not to have hold it upside down and shake the crap out of it every time to get it cleaned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might work on staff or cart bags, but seems to me that the bottom is an integral part of a lot of stand mechanisms, so there might be some redesign needed.

They make/mad the stand mechanisms to attach to your non-stand bag, which means the bottom isn't always that integral to the stand mechanisms. But I see where you are coming from, but it could be done to work around that.

Sounds like Ogio has the right design--a zipper is a lot easier to manufacture and works just as well. Shove the vacuum cleaner hose in there and call it a day.

I have always thought this should be done on at least the high end models.....JB you got lots of pull....make it happen:bulgy-eyes:

Every bag I have had has a zipper in one of the large side pockets that allows you access to the inside of the wells.
Really? I've got to check this out on my two bags.

I like the idea of a removable bottom. Have not seen any issues yet with my current bag, but the grip caps on my clubs were always black when using my previous bag. Of course, I did purchase that bag from O'Carroll so who knows what was down there! lol

The removable bottom idea sounds great. I would love to have one like that.

Back