THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

CMedina's post led me to wonder - New England (and NY/NJ) folks - what are your plans to stay sharp in the offseason? I know some people put the clubs away and that works best for them - nothing wrong with that at all, but just curious what folks do to get through the winter months. I'm planning on taking another series of lessons, and I'm lucky to have a heated range within driving distance so I can actually see ball flight this winter. I'm sure we'll also have a few simulator get-togethers here. Probably not worth the drive, but the NY/NJ folks are always welcome.

Again - no "wrong" answers, just curious, and looking for ideas myself.

For me simulators, hitting indoors, heated range and my birdie ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My course is open year round, so I'll be out there as much as possible. I'll also hit the simulator and indoor range for swings. I'm also planning on putting in a conscious effort to hit the gym and lose 30lbs before spring.

I lucked into a pretty sweet event in a month a half and it's really given me motivation, the needed motivation to keep the game sharp over the next few months.

Here is what I plan on doing:

Indoor Putting
Some sim rounds with fellow NE guys (I guess NY/NE/NJ guys too)
pick up a mat and work on chip and pitch shots with the practice balls my SS got me
Indoor Putting
Heated range to get some full swings in and see the ball flight - specifically with the woods and mid irons
More putting

No golf prep will be filled with gym sessions including cycle, running, body weight strength training and yoga.

Probably take some time off to recharge from end of Feb to mid March - then hit it hard with the start of Spring.

Our course stay open year round. Baring snow and Temps below 30 we go every Sunday right thru winter. Have a few Sims also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Our courses are open year-round, although we'll probably be hitting off mats instead of grass at the range.

I'll be out NYE afternoon for some more work.

My course is open year round, so I'll be out there as much as possible. I'll also hit the simulator and indoor range for swings. I'm also planning on putting in a conscious effort to hit the gym and lose 30lbs before spring.

If we can get out in Jan and early Feb let me know, I would def be interested and we still haven't teed it up yet, nothing like freezing temps and frozen courses to play 18 holes together :act-up:

If we can get out in Jan and early Feb let me know, I would def be interested and we still haven't teed it up yet, nothing like freezing temps and frozen courses to play 18 holes together :act-up:

Absolutely! Although the way the weather has been it might be shorts and 1/4 zip shirts

well, fwiw the Jets beat the Pats:D
yea I know your locked in and also still atop the AFC hill as usual but it was fun for now and I was there to witness it.

Just think of the roll you can get on drives on a frozen fairway...

My prep in the office will be a continue of last year.

My man cave for putting which as helped more than any other aspect of my game.

23ccc40127e80e09bd95035f22d49b8d.jpg

And I work at the local Sim so I have a key lol. I'll be spending a lot of time with the iPad there to stay sharp with my swing as well as dome and heated range trips to see ball flight.

I forgot how awesome Jimmy number's putting green was.

I forgot how awesome Jimmy number's putting green was.
It's pretty awesome lol even more awesome my wife let me put it in. And you can ask my old man its paid dividends for me. I'm using this event as motivation to not be lazy anymore and really work on my game. I did not have the year I wanted but it's strictly from a lack of work. It's nice to have something to work for again.

Man I just joined THP but would love to go to work for team New England. I'll be joining the club tomorrow!

Man I just joined THP but would love to go to work for team New England. I'll be joining the club tomorrow!

Love it man, jumping in feet first!

Welcome! I think you'll like it here.

My prep in the office will be a continue of last year.

My man cave for putting which as helped more than any other aspect of my game.

23ccc40127e80e09bd95035f22d49b8d.jpg

And I work at the local Sim so I have a key lol. I'll be spending a lot of time with the iPad there to stay sharp with my swing as well as dome and heated range trips to see ball flight.

Sick putting green bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome. No better way than jump in head first and enjoy this awesome place and you have some really good guys in the NE area to golf with

Welcome! I think you'll like it here.
Thanks Cap! I'll sure be keeping tabs on this thread. I love competing.

Welcome to #TeamNE
Thanks for the Welcome!

Thats awesome. No better way than jump in head first and enjoy this awesome place and you have some really good guys in the NE area to golf with
Yea I'm hoping to play some different NE courses this year. I know a lot of club managers and pro's here in Maine and can usually get a group onto some of the nicest courses in the state, so maybe I can plan to play with a few of you guys.

You could jump in on the Regional Rivalry action too.

I'm hoping to! I should be able to get my AC membership squared away soon so I'll be able to throw my name into the mix.

sim league and hitting a few putts at six4three5's man cave over the winter, and a few trips to indoor range with some THPer's

Back