Let's Talk #THPCallOut 2016 (Discussion)

Doesnt have to be complicated.

Setup thread 2-3 weeks out and uron out details.

If its one that common sense says it will take a few months to setup then do not setup thread. Iron it out via pm (thats not inclusive no one really cares that much about the deets months in advance.

Once its inside 2 to 3 week window post it.

Easy peasy no mega thread, no 50 million threads for 6 months from now

I think this is the best way to do it. Not very complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this thread could go on for a while, it seems an official script needs to be decided on and set into motion. If it doesn't work it can be revised. But, I think something needs to be established. Threads that are up now? Close them up and those involved can initiated when the time is right. Chalk it up to growing pains?

If we have 2-3 week lead time from call out to match you basically eliminate big swaths of the country from participating for about 3 months due to winter. Longer lad time is necessary for some and simply pragmatic in other instances (eg, me traveling to Vegas in June, Fuppy traveling back east in a few months)...it's better to get something on the books now rather than wait.

I like the idea of a common place / forum location for this. Seems like a good way to organize stuff.

Finally, I love the idea - it's just fun.

Its okay if people are unable to play, that happens for reasons outside of just weather, or use a simulator, etc.
Nobody is saying not to set something up months in advance, my personal opinion is having a thread on it doesnt work.

As to traveling for this, it was never really the intent, but understand the reasoning.
To give you an example of why the 2-3 week thing works.
One of the distant ones is now already talking about a second foursome for the call out.

No offense to them, because that sounds like a great time, that is not a THP Call Out, but a gathering/group of golfers getting together to play.

I think this thread could go on for a while, it seems an official script needs to be decided on and set into motion. If it doesn't work it can be revised. But, I think something needs to be established. Threads that are up now? Close them up and those involved can initiated when the time is right. Chalk it up to growing pains?

You are correct.
We will put one up tomorrow.
Great idea, bad initiation, because frankly I didnt think it would be necessary. I never imagined that this would be what it turned into. Not bad or good, just completely different than the thought.

You are correct.
Great idea, bad initiation, because frankly I didnt think it would be necessary. I never imagined that this would be what it turned into. Not bad or good, just completely different than the thought.

this has the potential to be a huge win. I hope people reach out and "go play"

You are correct.

It's good though. People are clearly eager to have fun with this -- and with some guidelines will open the door to a year full of entertaining Call Outs.

I can only speak for me and why I thought this was a good idea.
1 on 1 encourages new members and quieter members to possibly get involved, as its easy to find a single person on the forum that you might connect with or is close to you. It also makes it easier to schedule.
Then add, where does it stop? What number stops it from being a get together instead of a THP Call Out?

Im all about inclusive and the original goal was to inspire people to get out to the course with another THPer. I think when it becomes traveling groups and such, it becomes more about playing golf with the same friends. While there is nothing wrong with that, and we strongly encourage that as well, it was just different from where we expected this to go.
That makes sense.

Great thoughts and opinions for sure. However a 2-3 week time line can be tough for the northerners in the winter. However I did see Sim golf is also allowed so I would be playing a call out that way.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

It's good though. People are clearly eager to have fun with this -- and with some guidelines will open the door to a year full of entertaining Call Outs.
Call out.

Play golf.

Live update.

Enjoy!

Doesnt have to be complicated.

Setup thread 2-3 weeks out and uron out details.

If its one that common sense says it will take a few months to setup then do not setup thread. Iron it out via pm (thats not inclusive no one really cares that much about the deets months in advance.

Once its inside 2 to 3 week window post it.

Easy peasy no mega thread, no 50 million threads for 6 months from now
This seems easy and consistent. It also would allow plans to be made without diminishing engagement by those following the fun.

Can't wait for the format to be decided. The call out I'm planning on doing will be exactly in 29 days and I'm hoping to make it a good one.

You are correct.

And this ladies and gentlemen is how you #ChangeTheGame.

JM

I'm on board for however this progresses it's a great idea and I'm excited to start #THPcallouts

I do have one question, for calls-outs we can do them at THP events but we should limit them to the extra rounds correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on board for however this progresses it's a great idea and I'm excited to start #THPcallouts

I do have one question, for calls-outs we can do them at THP events but we should limit them to the extra rounds correct?

I'm not the authority, but I say keep them in the extra rounds. Part of this is to get out with others and enjoy a little golf, a little competition, and a little banter if need be.

Like T2G said, I am not the deciding authority on that, but IMO, THP Events should be focused on the Event, not added #THPCallOuts to them.

Back