DblBogey4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
I used to get so excited for the Hot List to see all the new sticks coming out so that me and a couple of buddy's could go to a couple of the shops and spend a winters day trying them all out. But with all of the weird product release cycles some of the magic is gone or is it just me?

Anyway, what new stuff are you looking forward to trying out this winter, not necessarily buying but eager to try?

Me, the new Nike irons. Really liked the Vapors-colors not withstanding-especially the Speed irons. Yes they make some ugly stuff, but the irons I've owned have always performed. The Wilson Staff irons that I have been reading about here also have me intrigued.

How about you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cant remember the last time I looked to the Hot List for advice.

However, I know a certain group of guys and gal that will be heading to the PGA show to overwhelm us with some amazing information on all the new Golf gear that we will soon be lusting over.

THP Coverage of the PGA show will be awesome, I highly suggest you keep an eye on the front page and forum for all the details, the interviews, behind the scenes looks as THP does the PGA show bigger and better than anyone out there.

Can't say I'm looking forward to ANY gear in 2016. Really looking forward to playing well with the clubs I have ...

I used to get so excited for the Hot List to see all the new sticks coming out so that me and a couple of buddy's could go to a couple of the shops and spend a winters day trying them all out. But with all of the weird product release cycles some of the magic is gone or is it just me?

Anyway, what new stuff are you looking forward to trying out this winter, not necessarily buying but eager to try?

Me, the new Nike irons. Really liked the Vapors-colors not withstanding-especially the Speed irons. Yes they make some ugly stuff, but the irons I've owned have always performed. The Wilson Staff irons that I have been reading about here also have me intrigued.

How about you?

The Nike Fly irons are legit. I haven't played a Nike iron since the Slingblade...oh man did I say thst out loud. Ha

But the Fly line definitely has my attention. Both the driver and irons.

I don't worry much about the hot list.

I know the only thing I am looking forward to are the XR irons. And I will have them before April rolls around.

The hot list is fun just to see what is coming but I really don't pay attention to the reviews themselves.

THP coverage of the PGA show has me stoked. It is outstanding every year and I'm sure this year the team will not disappoint.

Never put much credit in the Hot List, but it was kind of the toy catalog every spring. Again, not about buying just what to check out. But hey, I like wandering car lots when the new model come out.

Nothing is jumping out at me & the hot list isn't anything I pay attention to.

THP will kill it at the PGA show and that's going to be fun to follow

Equipment seems more impressive every year. This year should be a driver fitting for me so Callaway GBB, TM M1, and all the Cobra covers will be high on my list. In reality, I will hit every driver available and see which one gives me the best results.

I absolutely have to hit the 816 Alpha fairway wood. It'll happen soon.

From there, I am excited to see what Cobra has in store for us with their latest release, with some of it already being reviewed by Jman.

Cobra's F6 line, and wondering if they update their wedges later on in the year.

I already know what I want to add to my bag (Apex CF irons), otherwise I am actually most interested for accessories that I don't know about yet. The PGA show will be fun as we always hear about new tech there.

Nike vapor fly pros. The past couple seasons they have put out some serious contenders IMO

Can't say I'm looking forward to ANY gear in 2016. Really looking forward to playing well with the clubs I have ...

This is me as well. Not looking for anything new. The "hot list" is also not anything I pay any attention to. Follow the review's here at THP.

I'm looking forward to playing well this season. But I was also going to upgrade from Xhot pros to XR pros this spring. When snowboard season is over I will be ready.

Cobra's F6 line, and wondering if they update their wedges later on in the year.
I'm hoping for an announcement at the PGA show on the wedges front.

I say this every year, but this year I mean it. My bag is solid and I don't foresee any equipment purchases this year. I haven't bought a new club (besides my current putter) in 4 years.

I haven't paid any attention to the hot list in awhile and with being part of THP I have completely ignored it and even more so after the feedback on the Srixon line didn't match with how good they are.

for 2016 I have a few things I want to look at and try. I'm looking forward to the pga show coverage again from THP and even more so Club Clash in April where myself and 23 other THPers get to test the latest drivers and provide real feedback to this awesome community

I know this is kind of a reach from the OP but I really hope someday club manufactuers will standardize the shaft adapter. I know it won't happen but think how awesome it'd be to be able to take a shaft you love and try it in every manufacture's hot new club head.

Back