Bubba Teases New PING G Series

2012BFT

Reaction score
Handicap

Nice. Seems to either be painted or have carbon inserts on top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
21bd30e501e9ae7c5a02c38e49ab0ac5.jpg

20853b8030c4b25bcdcb02a15930dc63.jpg

Man, Bubba is one interesting dude. It's sickening how he can just go do that with a driver like its nothing.

Driver looks interesting for sure.

That is a very interesting crown paint scheme

That is a very interesting crown paint scheme
Do you think the black sections might be some kind of lighter composite? Seems like more than just paint. Who knows with bubba though?

What in the sweet sensible heck is going on with that crown?! I need to see a non pink version before i lose my mind.

Also, those socks + Bubba look ridiculous.

What in the sweet sensible heck is going on with that crown?! I need to see a non pink version before i lose my mind.

Also, those socks + Bubba look ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm hoping the top is just matte like the current one, then you wouldn't really notice it. With that pink though, oof.

I'll hold off judgement just yet because I though the G30 looked ridiculous too...and 14 months it's still in my bag and I believe was the top selling driver of 2015

I swear I read something online about that crown and Ping doing research in Biomimicry.

The entire crown will be matte black on the non Bubba version.

Turbulators that flow into the lines (the pink lines on Bubba's) that were inspired by a Dragonfly's wing apparently.

I think this is ok to link, if not please pull it.
From the USGA conforming list. SF Tec image

20150668.jpg

Regular G Image
20150667.jpg

LS Tec

20150669.jpg

Considering how close this looks to the G30 I am wondering if the Ping loyalists will lead the charge to demand heads for incremental upgrades.

The pink scheme is painful on my eyes, but I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the updated line.

Considering how close this looks to the G30 I am wondering if the Ping loyalists will lead the charge to demand heads for incremental upgrades.

Hasn't that been Ping's MO though? Maybe more on the iron side than the woods though. The clubs always seem like an evolution to me - maybe 2-3 iterations down the road you notice big changes, but year-to-year there are more similar than different.

Bubba is a better player than I am.
I don't ever try to hit anything stronger than 17º off the deck.
And 17º without a slight uphill lie is getting very iffy as well.

I may be in the new iron market later in the year, the timing is good.

Dave

I am playing the regular G30 and I think a few hundred fewer RPMs of spin off my drives would help, so I'm going to be hunting down this new LS Tec to try as soon as they release.

Pretty good look at the non-pink version of this driver:

I actually don't hate the look - definitely much better than the pink version. It's almost like a combination of what Callaway did with the speed step plus the turbulators.

Back