THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Dynamic Gold S300 for Irons and Grfalloy BiMatrx X for Woods

Myrtle Beach +Hilton Head not even close in my mind

Thinking about it now in terms of just golfing I would put Pinehurst/Sandhills above Williamsburg and Virginia Beach as well. As far as golfing destinations go the Carolinas are up there among the best imo

Hilton Head. + Myrtle Beach..... The rest aren't on the map

f686e1a233b6130a15e9fe0043af0554.jpg

Well my last question went over really well, so lets ask a new one.

Better golf vacation destinations.
Myrtle Beach + Hilton Head vs Williamsburg + Virginia Beach?

Love my Williamsburg + Va Beach area but for golf you can't beat Myrtle and Hilton head. My area does not even come close. Now for family and golf vacation it is a different story IMO

I'm not part of the #Carolinacrew, but DG Pro X100 for irons and a Prolaunch Blue 65X, which both seem stiff. Would need to get fitted for sure.

Hilton head (even without MB) and its not even close.

And ive been to all 4 in the last 3 years

As someone whose wife is from VB, I agree hands down.

No way we have 2 regions for a combination of 5 states full of introverts. If this is any indication of the enthusiasm and excitement for this event, I will be embarrassed and very disappointed.

We're getting plunked by Michigan and thier 4 people! Sad sh!t.

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

For an example, the announcement about this event being held here hit the home page and I dont think anybody even noticed. :D

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

No way we have 2 regions for a combination of 5 states full of introverts. If this is any indication of the enthusiasm and excitement for this event, I will be embarrassed and very disappointed.

Do not forget MVP and the criteria guys. Also when it comes down to captains picks we will be weighing forum participation very heavily.

I'll be in the minority with my choice and say Williamsburg, Hilton head and myrtle have a lot of choices but the courses further north have a lot more character to me where the carolinas are mostly flat.

I saw and answered on Twitter. But in interest of keeping the forum updated as well.

WE RECOMMEND

XP 105 S300

SP-1392240312.png
THE NEW XP SERIES BRINGS YOUR GAME INSIDE THE ROPES BY DELIVERING EXPLOSIVE POWER AND DISTANCE TO EVERY IRON IN THE BAG. CLICK LEARN MORE BELOW.

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO.

I was fit into the XP105 S300. A bit of a surprise, I would have guessed XP95 and R300. But maybe that's why we shouldn't fit ourselves!!

Last edited:

I'll go with the majority and say Myrtle and Hilton Head. Although I do have to agree with Captain Bolt, that the Sandhills is far away the best destination in the SE or Mid Atlantic.

Got to be Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head. Some incredible golf courses in that area

ae11f9bef58bc2c2fe948c91e740c4cb.jpg

This is what I got for my iron shafts

So let me ask you guys lets say the event comes to a close and you find out you win MVP? You are going to True Temper what is going through your mind? Any questions you may ask them when you get there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What goes through mind is how lucky I am. I'm not very knowledgeable about what goes into making shafts or how they are constructed, how they are able to push the limits of going lighter and stronger with materials. Maybe get some ideas of what sort of technology they imagine in iron shafts 10 years from now. I would be interested in hearing the conversations they have with the guys on tour influences the products they are putting out there for them.

Seems like just about everyone is going with MB and Hilton Head. Having played 3 of the 4 areas (never played in VA Beach), I'm gonna say MB and Hilton Head. So many quality courses there.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I am thrilled for this event not sure why more aren't all over it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Myrtle Brach+ Hilton Head

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I am thrilled for this event not sure why more aren't all over it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I would guess it's because today was the 1st day back to work for most people, so they haven't been able to sit and THP all day. Once dinner time is over and people can sit down, I'm sure it will blow up. Some people have other responsibilities that they have to tend to.

DG S300

Best vacation destination?

That depends on what my plans are and who is coming with me.

Me and the wife: Hilton Head. Just a relaxing, beautiful place for a couple to hang out and the golf is awesome.

Me and the entire family: Virginia Beach. With Beach Street U.S.A. and a large family, there's no beating it. Plenty of stuff to do in a small area, with awesome street performers and concerts for free every few blocks. If I'm footing the bill, with a large family, all of the free stuff to do is a major attraction. When we went last summer, I don't think I even got into my car the entire week. Everything I needed was right there.

Me and friends: Myrtle Beach. Lots of stuff to do, lots of great golf and lots of partying available. The downside is that everything is pretty spread out in MB, so you're going to do a lot of driving to attractions if you bring the family.

I haven't been to Ocean City in over 20 years, so I have no clue what it's like nowadays and I'm a history nut, so if I can go alone, I'm going to Williamsburg, but there's no one that I know that will put up with me for a week in Williamsburg.

I am always excited for THP events and hope I can get to at least the same number or more this that I did last year.

I am extremely happy that this region was chosen by THP to have one of the RRs and im want in this event bad. The chance to rep THP and the DMV in this event. I love team competition and the chance to win MVP and have the unique experience of tour True Tempers facilities is unimaginable other than we know with THP nothing is impossible.

I'd like to ask just if steel has gotten to a point where we, as consumers could ever expect some monumental jump at some point. Also just how far have we come in terms of tech-what's the difference between a DG shaft form the 80s and now, or a steel shaft from the 50s and now?

If I'm fortunate to head to True Temper:

How ha s technology enhanced steel shad development?

Has he advances in Graphite hurt the steel shaft industry.

What kinds of innovations have really worked well I with shaft technology.

What is the biggest key to maintaining a #1 on tour?

How much does petroleum prices effect the shaft industry.

Tapered/riffle can an amateur even tell the difference?

Those are a few from the deep wrinkles within my brain right now

Stranger while driving is Carolinas all day. If you bought a '78 Mustang, the turn signal bulbs would be factory original.
Stranger People
DMV vs Carolinas?
What say you?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Stranger while driving is Carolinas all day. If you bought a '78 Mustang, the turn signal bulbs would be factory original.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

People not using turn signals when I'm waiting to turn out at an intersection causes instant road rage with me.

So let me ask you guys lets say the event comes to a close and you find out you win MVP? You are going to True Temper what is going through your mind? Any questions you may ask them when you get there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My mind would be racing trying to comprehend what just happened. As far as questions, I don't have a lot of knowledge on shafts so I would love to pick their brains on how different flexes and weights benefit or hinder a persons swing.

Back