THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Stranger People
DMV vs Carolinas?
What say you?
Having lived in both areas for many years, both have its share. But in full honesty, I have to say DC and it's not even close. Part of that is because of the sheer population...the rest of it...well it can't be explained logically...it just is :D

Can't believe none of your fellow teammates are jumping on this.
I would be all over it if I was not on call this week.

I would if I didn't have plans already and I'm on standby this week/weekend.

i know posting motivational sayings is our Captains thing. But I'll just leave this one. it sums up the opportunity to be part of THPRegional Rivalry better than anything I can say on my own.

“If you believe you can accomplish everything by "cramming" at the eleventh hour, by all means, don't lift a finger now. But you may think twice about beginning to build your ark once it has already started raining”

by Mad Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide

Can't believe none of your fellow teammates are jumping on this.
I would be all over it if I was not on call this week.

When the doctor's clear me, I will be there because to me its critical that I play the course a few times to see how it fits my game. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to visit family not far from the area. They are still my cousins, so I shouldn't keep a grudge that they sent their kids to VTech.

I know right. We will get our day there one day (Callout?) Maybe someone on your team wants to come up and join me.

I am working on it sir - gotta be a good 3 hours for me as I live an hour north of most of my other DMV brethren. May have a card or two to play though to make this happen. Looks like 70% chance of rain on Sunday?

i know posting motivational sayings is our Captains thing. But I'll just leave this one. it sums up the opportunity to be part of THPRegional Rivalry better than anything I can say on my own.

“If you believe you can accomplish everything by "cramming" at the eleventh hour, by all means, don't lift a finger now. But you may think twice about beginning to build your ark once it has already started raining”

by Mad Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide

I'd have to go with that famous Zenmaster - Yoda. "Do - or do not - there is no try"!

I am working on it sir - gotta be a good 3 hours for me as I live an hour north of most of my other DMV brethren. May have a card or two to play though to make this happen. Looks like 70% chance of rain on Sunday?
Yeah I'm hoping the weather is wrong local guys calling for Saturday and Sunday to be clear. Weather will be the deciding factor. I can try and get the wife to let me out of my afternoon duties and that would free up Saturday

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'd have to go with that famous Zenmaster - Yoda. "Do - or do not - there is no try"!

Similarly, permit me to quote Wayne Gretzky- "You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take". While he was talking hockey, it could have some golf relevancy.

I used to think that DC had the weirdest people until I moved to Robeson County, NC and was surrounded by Lumbee Indians.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Stranger People
DMV vs Carolinas?
What say you?

I am gonna go with the the Carolinas. Just come to work with me for a day and that's all the proof you need.

#1-DMV (sorry Kev)
Olinas a close 2nd though (sorry Spicoli)

I thought we were friends.

I used to think that DC had the weirdest people until I moved to Robeson County, NC and was surrounded by Lumbee Indians.

My wife and I were on our way to Charlotte last year going through Robeson County on 74 and there were 10 people on horseback going down the median of the highway just like it's no big deal.

Not to make this a quote thread, but I think this is an appropriate one for this event

But in the the end it's still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can't shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you've missed the point. Payne Stewart

Alright guys back on topic to the event.

How are you going to get to the point you feel you need to be in your golf game for this event?
One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum ?

Kevin and I will have some choices and while I will not speak for him as far as I am concerned everyone on the Carolina's has a blank slate and needs to show the forum and their teammates their drive for this event.

How are you going to get to the point you feel you need to be in your golf game for this event?

Playing and practice, we recently moved and the golf has taken a back seat for a couple of months. But since we have downsized ( I had about 20 acres to keep up) I have the time to practice and play on a regular basis. I've moved near a course with excellent short game practice area, something I think has been holding me back on improving my game. My goal is to play 18 2-3 times a week with practice sessions mixed in.

One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum ?

This has been the one thing I have been lacking and need to work hard on improving. I guess it seemed to me that most people had so much more knowledge on the game, that I didn't have that much to offer. As my practice routine gets cranked up I will be sharing the progress on here, along with seeking advice on things I'm having trouble with. I really need to get in a round with some the THPers, I think it will help me interact more once I actually meet some of the guys.

So let me ask you guys lets say the event comes to a close and you find out you win MVP? You are going to True Temper what is going through your mind? Any questions you may ask them when you get there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So let me ask you guys lets say the event comes to a close and you find out you win MVP? You are going to True Temper what is going through your mind? Any questions you may ask them when you get there?

Good question. Will need to think about this one. I have a tendency to be a more reactive questioner so my questions,ya be based on info we are given while on tour. I'm sure I have some to ask already but need to think about those.

My roommate in college was 1/2 Lumbee. Really good guy, but wild as could be.

I would be shocked and flattered at the same time. I really wouldn't know what to expect going to True Temper and would just really be a sponge at first. I'm sure once I start hearing and seeing the operation my questions would start flowing with curiosity.

First Thought is to bring the GoPro and record it all. Second thought is to live THP/tweet so others can ask questions. Other questions:
1. what goes into picking shafts for someone
2. can they explain how they come up with different shaft ideas/qualities
3. where do they see the shaft world/their company moving future
4. what do they think it will take for more golfers to get an understanding of shafts and how it affects their swing
5. how do they feel about people like Bryson Dechambeau playing the same length shaft in all his clubs/what are the pro's and con's

Those are 5 that I came up with in the last 2 minutes, I know I would ask others for more questions too.

Last edited:
Stranger People
DMV vs Carolinas?
What say you?

I say Carolina's. Once you get away from the metropolitan areas you really see some unique people.

The DMV is such a transient place, so our fabric is odd, but forever changing.

Well my last question went over really well, so lets ask a new one.

Better golf vacation destinations.
Myrtle Beach + Hilton Head vs Williamsburg + Virginia Beach?

Hilton head (even without MB) and its not even close.

And ive been to all 4 in the last 3 years

Well my last question went over really well, so lets ask a new one.

Better golf vacation destinations.
Myrtle Beach + Hilton Head vs Williamsburg + Virginia Beach?

Myrtle Beach +Hilton Head not even close in my mind

Back