Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

These things look good and the more I see them the more I like the looks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I know a guy with a set about an hour away from you :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He fit me to regular flex.

Is that what you were playing in your RSi?

Is that what you were playing in your RSi?

Yup. My RSI's are also a quarter inch shorter and 1* flatter.

Great reviews and awesome responses to all the questions Gents!
I've always been a bit of a Wilson Staff homer and these C200s have got me in a serious ponder mode.

As for looks I feel these irons are oh so sharp and they really appeal to my eye. The technology and forgiveness I'm reading about here has me pretty much hooked.
Gonna have to give these beauties a try real soon.

Yup. My RSI's are also a quarter inch shorter and 1* flatter.

Well, I have the pulls from my set. They're Stiff flex and 1/2" short of Wilson standard. Let me know if you want to give them a shot.

Well, I have the pulls from my set. They're Stiff flex and 1/2" short of Wilson standard. Let me know if you want to give them a shot.

Ohhh interesting offer! May take you up on that! Itching to see the numbers.

I know a guy with a set about an hour away from you :D

May just have to play a round with said guy and take a few swings.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

These irons look great, and the tech is impressive to say the least. Would love to get some of these, and slap some Steelfibers in them!

These C200's are obviously packed with technology. The looks are even high tech and I want to hit them badly. ,anyone gonna have a set at #KickOffClassic? Thanks you reviewers for your thoughts on these!

JM

These C200's are obviously packed with technology. The looks are even high tech and I want to hit them badly. ,anyone gonna have a set at #KickOffClassic? Thanks you reviewers for your thoughts on these!

JM

Two of us, if I'm not mistaken.

These irons are interesting. Never have thought about Wilson irons, but they look pretty sweet! Interested in reading more reviews.

Would love to hear what you think of these if you get a chance to hit them. Love what everyone is saying about these and they look fantastic.

JM

Love the visible technology evident on these irons. The FLX Face Technology which allows for tons of forgiveness and generates incredible distance is something we could all use in our bags. I am certainly intrigued!

Did any of you StaffProto guys ask if they considered hiding the flxface tech with design techniques or if they wanted it be an "in your face" visible tech to differentiate the C200s from other irons?

Honestly, I'm not sure if you could change the design. The design and technology work together. With only 24% of the face welded to the club, the power holes are what make FLX Face happen. Also the urethane to fill these holes gives it this amazing feel and sound. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reviews! These look great, and the tech is there for sure! I'll have to give these a go as soon as I can.

these irons look fantastic hoping to hit some very soon

What a good looking GI iron. The dotted line makes the top line look a lot thinner than it is and Wilson did a good job keeping it traditional looking. I would defiantly game this.

This visible technologhy opens up a whole new era in club design. It reminds me of when Nike used viz tech to expose the Air sole. Then Ascis,Brooks, Saucony, Reebok and all followed suit.Still it was Nike's tech.Perhaps in the future when we talk about the flex in our club we will be referring to the flex in the face if they can graduate the flex to different club heads.
I know everyone who's had them in hand says they don't notice the Power Holes on the top line at address, but that's one of those things I'm going to have to judge for myself when I finally get to see them in person.

Did any of you StaffProto guys ask if they considered hiding the flxface tech with design techniques or if they wanted it be an "in your face" visible tech to differentiate the C200s from other irons?

Honestly, I'm not sure if you could change the design. The design and technology work together. With only 24% of the face welded to the club, the power holes are what make FLX Face happen. Also the urethane to fill these holes gives it this amazing feel and sound. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, but if Wilson had kept the black finish from the prior two generations of C clubs the power holes would have been nearly invisible.

From Michael Vrska:

"Yes, we wanted the FLX Face Technology to be visible. We specifically didn't try to hide it, but we did want it be pleasing (or at least not distracting) in the address position."

I've been reading a ton of guys saying that the slots would be a distraction or very noticeable at address. I can tell you, after about 1 swing, I didn't even notice them there at all.
And thats an afterthought now with a set on the line ;

JM
Yes sir

Hearing so many people talk about added launch with these irons has my interest.

Always something I look for in an iron is the ability to get some height on my shots instead of my typical laser beam.

The More I look at these irons the more I like them. The flex face technology is really interesting. I like that they aren't too bulky but still look they would give a lot of confidence over the ball. Great looking iron that is on my hit list for next year. Wilson staff hit a home run with these in every category.

Back