THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

A lot of talk about prep and doing work in here in getting ready for THPRegionalRivalry. And while that is great and will go a long way in helping us all improve. I'm interested in any purchases anyone has made or will be making with thoughts of THPRR in mind.

I have new irons on the way, but in full disclosure they were ordered before our area was selected.

I also have drivers on my watch list (can you say #ClubClash)

No changes planned for me. I don't change clubs often and just rebuilt my bag within the couple of years.

I will build up to the event. The key to prep imo is to peak at the right time. Do not push it so hard you get burned out but take it serious enough that you improve. Most people are about trying to drop numbers when I prep I worry about one thing Consistency. Can I go out on a course no matter where and shoot the same thing over and over even if a part of my game is missing that day. To me that is what shows someone that truly has a handle on their game. If they are off can they still piece something together.

I would not be able to drop huge numbers before the event. I am with you on the consistency aspect of my swing to enable me to hit more greens.

Go away for Christmas and New Years and you miss out on all the fun! just catching up after getting back to work this week. We had fun playing Christmass Eve in shorts and golf shirts in Pennsylvania!! It's turned way to cold now ... RNK is a great choice .... I've played it a few times and have a lot on the 3rd hole at Bricxkshire right next door.

Would love to play in July and if I can extend my current gig (currently working in Richmond) it would be VERY convenient. Probably lots of opportunities to get some practice rounds in as well this spring since its only 30-45 minutes away.

The ol' handicap went up right before we truend off the computer on Nov 1.

The one thing that I "do" know is that if we play in semi-darkness and after 4-5 rounds in the bar that DMV will definitely win! THP'ers @Whiskey Creek will understand.

Game on!

Bob (Diveguy)

Got your sticks with you? Lynchburg14 is looking for a game Sunday at RNK and I think he has a slot open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to work for 14 hrs and there are more new pages than I can read, lots to catch up on.

The last two days have been rough at work. I accidentally called the wrong person today and called one of my customers a "dick head". I'm about to loose it!

We have to stop working so much

Good thing we love what we do lol, what's funny is this is the first place I come when I get on the puter for a quick skim and then get a little more thorough.

The last two days have been rough at work. I accidentally called the wrong person today and called one of my customers a "dick head". I'm about to loose it!

Did you lose a customer?

Are there State schools I am to love as a requirement? This could be an excellent fit if the answer is no.

441 might get angry at me for seceding though.

No other sport matters for this. its golf, being done by a golf website/forum in conjunction with a manufacturer of golf equipment (among other things). Why would a state school matter, or the sports that are played there.

Go to work for 14 hrs and there are more new pages than I can read, lots to catch up on.

I know that feeling. And I can't have a smartphone at work so there is no way to even sneak a peak during the day.

I know that feeling. And I can't have a smartphone at work so there is no way to even sneak a peak during the day.

The pain is real. Luckily my wife has accepted I read when I'm home.

I would not be able to drop huge numbers before the event. I am with you on the consistency aspect of my swing to enable me to hit more greens.

My goal is to make sure my cap can travel, which I think it will, and get to a place with my game where all parts are solid.

I share the work blows sentiment.. Dropped two Effffff Bombs in the middle of the office.

Go away for Christmas and New Years and you miss out on all the fun! just catching up after getting back to work this week. We had fun playing Christmass Eve in shorts and golf shirts in Pennsylvania!! It's turned way to cold now ... RNK is a great choice .... I've played it a few times and have a lot on the 3rd hole at Bricxkshire right next door.

Would love to play in July and if I can extend my current gig (currently working in Richmond) it would be VERY convenient. Probably lots of opportunities to get some practice rounds in as well this spring since its only 30-45 minutes away.

The ol' handicap went up right before we truend off the computer on Nov 1.

The one thing that I "do" know is that if we play in semi-darkness and after 4-5 rounds in the bar that DMV will definitely win! THP'ers @Whiskey Creek will understand.

Game on!

Bob (Diveguy)

You have the game for this Bob! Just get more involved here if you can!

A lot of talk about prep and doing work in here in getting ready for THPRegionalRivalry. And while that is great and will go a long way in helping us all improve. I'm interested in any purchases anyone has made or will be making with thoughts of THPRR in mind.

I have new irons on the way, but in full disclosure they were ordered before our area was selected.

I also have drivers on my watch list (can you say #ClubClash)

Absolutely zero club purchases for this event. If I am lucky enough to be in this I will show up with #TheGrandaddy bag and clubs

Absolutely zero club purchases for this event. If I am lucky enough to be in this I will show up with #TheGrandaddy bag and clubs

Im hoping if selected to arrive with some fresh Mizzuno S5 wedges

Wouldn't expect anything less buddy!!

I didn't let 23 degree temps and rock hard range balls keep me from getting some range time this afternoon. Mainly to get some swings in with the new clubs. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was visualizing it being six months down the road and 80 degrees in SE Virginia warming up before the THPRegionalRivalry round.

If you can see it, you can make it happen.

Last edited:
Trying to catch up in here after a long day.

The one thing that I've realized so far is that being half-disabled, I'm going to have to really watch my prep and not go too gung-ho on practice. I was hitting 200-300 balls a day last week and by the time the weekend came and it was time to play, I could hardly swing a club, which absolutely killed me. I'm going to have to be smarter about my practice/play schedule. My mind says practice, practice, practice, but my body just doesn't play along after a couple days and I end up doing more harm than good and end up regressing instead of improving.

I didn't let 23 degree temps and rock hard rsnge balls keep me from getting some range time this afternoon. Mainly to get some swings in with the new clubs. But is be lying if I didn't say that I was visualizing it being six months down the road and 80 degrees in SE Virginia warming up before the THPRegionalRivalry round.

If you can see it, you can make it happen.

Love that dedication. Just no mishits because the feedback might break a hand.

Back