The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised both of them are back. Not surprised with Pagano back for 4 years as the fans gave him a standing ovation on Sunday and the players truly appear to love playing for him.

But the talk here is how Grigson and Pagano don't get along. Seems surprising that Irsay would commit to 3 more years of them working together.

Exactly what my thoughts are. I still do not think Grigson will be in Indy for four more years.

All the towns that don't have MLB--and a few that do--are not really major professional sports towns. A few with super tradition like Green Bay in football may be for one sport, but for the most part, all of the leagues need to contract more than they need to expand.

We're looking at excessively long seasons and excessively large leagues in every sport.

When I was a boy, there were no playoffs or divisions in baseball. The American and National leagues were actually separate and discreet leagues--not MLB--and the team who finished with the best record in each league was the champion. What could be more fair than that?

Video of stupid things Bills fans have done this season (some of them other than being a Bills fan). I just shake my head how can anyone be this stupid

St Louis is the only city seriously offering to build a stadium to keep the team - a 1.1B waterfront facility. Seems off to allow a team to move when local officials are doing their part.

I hope this is the case, they haven't been good for several years but they're close to me and my team. I loved watching "The Greatest Show on Turf"!!! They had some big wins this year, have some good young talent, and are trending in the right direction. LA can have the Raiders back.

I think you guys are mistaken on how the "relocation fee" works.

I admit it was my recollection from reading something a while ago. Please share.

Great words from Coach Coughlin:

Google let me down which is why I asked. Sounds like an absurd amount to me which is why my guess was it going to the city losing their team. Also curious if it just started now with so many teams wanting to move or it has always been that way.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Man oh man... 4 more years with the same regime.

I think Irsay was in an extremely tough spot. 44 wins in 4 years and a locker room that absolutely loves Pagano. There seemed to be a ton of rift between Pagano and Grigson, so I would imagine there will be ALOT of changes as far as say-so that Pagano has going forward, in comparison to the previous years.

I do not think it was the best case scenario, but things could be alot worse, I guess. I could be a Browns fan.

I like your glass half full perspective. When I saw the first announcements that Pagano was staying I looked south to see if there was some sort of volcanic explosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More research and all I found was it only cost the Oilers 29 million in 1997 (holy inflation, Batman). I can't find who get all this cash...

This is the best one I've seen

Google let me down which is why I asked. Sounds like an absurd amount to me which is why my guess was it going to the city losing their team. Also curious if it just started now with so many teams wanting to move or it has always been that way.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
He are the alleged NFL bylaws on relocation. The short version: Any non-assigned territory is collectively owned by all teams (page 1, section 4.3). Under normal circumstances a relocation fee will be paid to compensate the other owners for giving up their interest on said city/region/market (page 5).

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/webcontent/lrl/issues/FootballStadium/NFLFranchiseRelocationRules.pdf

He are the alleged NFL bylaws on relocation. The short version: Any non-assigned territory is collectively owned by all teams (page 1, section 4.3). Under normal circumstances a relocation fee will be paid to compensate the other owners for giving up their interest on said city/region/market (page 5).

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/webcontent/lrl/issues/FootballStadium/NFLFranchiseRelocationRules.pdf

The NFL has wanted back in LA forever now. Why are they giving up their interest? It's the 2nd largest market, wouldn't they all be making more money via revenue sharing? Isn't that why they've wanted back in the region? I guess this is why I make steel...

The NFL has wanted back in LA forever now. Why are they giving up their interest? It's the 2nd largest market, wouldn't they all be making more money via revenue sharing? Isn't that why they've wanted back in the region? I guess this is why I make steel...
Just want to make clear I don't even know if that's legit info, just something I found by googling "NFL relocation process".

I read the part you are asking about to mean each owner is giving up their right to move to that market and make more money there themselves. That's what the moving club is compensating them for.

I like your glass half full perspective. When I saw the first announcements that Pagano was staying I looked south to see if there was some sort of volcanic explosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me... I shared a few loud cuss words.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Wow. Just saw a report that says Megatron is considering retirement. If he walks away he leaves $80.8 million on the table

Wow. Just saw a report that says Megatron is considering retirement. If he walks away he leaves $80.8 million on the table

Detroit certainly has a habit of driving extraordinary athletes into retirement!

Plus he'd have to give back some of the signing bonus (I think). Reports were already out that he'd have to accept a pay cut or be released anyway.

It'd never happen, but I wonder how much a one year deal to New England would go for.

Or Denver even

Plus he'd have to give back some of the signing bonus (I think). Reports were already out that he'd have to accept a pay cut or be released anyway.

I read an article saying he's either seriously considering it or this is the 'get me the hell out of Detroit' push because of the $24 mil salary cap hit and $16 mil salary he'll be drawing next season if his contract isn't restructured.

Tampa Bay just fired Lovie Smith. Sort of weird to drop the news at 10 PM Eastern on a Wednesday night, but I guess something changed between the end of the season and now.

Bucs fire Lovie, random time for that to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back