Course Review: Royal New Kent

There is some distance between holes for sure. When the high school and college tournaments are held here they transport the players from hole to hole with them just walking the hole itself. Depending of what time you tee off you can still play 36. My buddies and I have done it a lot in summer months with no problem.
36 wouldn't be a problem at al. Sunset for July 9, 2016 in Ricmond,va is 8:33 PM. How about 54 :D

I promise u guys will get 36 in...no worries

Thanks for all the photos and updates Lynchburg. Very useful :)

Nice job with the pictures!

You should join in on the THP Event heading there this year.
#THPRegional Rivalry with a grand prize that is unheard of.

Awesome thread!

One of my favorites. Glad to see an event here. Such a tough course one where being in the right spot off the tee is key

Never done 54 but can try
It's a blast for 10 of the past 12 years I and a few other Maryland guys played in a 54 hole one day tournament the week of the summer solstice. Balls in the air at 6:00 eating BBQ by 8:00 pm. Such a blast.

But 36 at Royal New Kent will probably feel like 72!

Last edited:
It's a blast for 10 of the past 12 years me and a few other Maryland guys played in a 54 hole one day tournament the week of the summer solstice. Balls in the air at 6:00 eating BBQ by 8:00 pm. Such a blast.

But 36 at Royal New Kent will probably feel like 72!
They do a summer solstice event there just have not played in it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Such a great design, it's a shame they have let this course slip from what it once was in the 90's. The place was pristine tee to green, from the pic's it a a little rough off the fairway. I played it for old times sake in July and while I still love the design I was surprised with the cheap housing that developed around the course and with the overgrown areas. Ultimately I think it was too far off the beaten path to keep the rates and in turn, conditions, up to the original standards.

Such a great design, it's a shame they have let this course slip from what it once was in the 90's. The place was pristine tee to green, from the pic's it a a little rough off the fairway. I played it for old times sake in July and while I still love the design I was surprised with the cheap housing that developed around the course and with the overgrown areas. Ultimately I think it was too far off the beaten path to keep the rates and in turn, conditions, up to the original standards.

Did you check the prices of the "cheap housing".... pretty high dollar townhomes/condos.

Thank you for sharing the photos. It is one of my favorite courses :}

I just went through this thread, awesome course review, and the pictures were great. Looks like a couple of holes will get your heart pumping. It looks like it will be a great venue for the DMV/Carolinas RR.

Back