Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get that Gus but we have proved it four years in a row now and really more than that to be honest in big games not just like the top two or three teams in each conference,
Examples
Cincy getting crushed by Florida
Northwestern(who was said to be higher in their conference than AU in theirs) losing three times to Auburn in one game
ACC runner up scraping by perennial celler dweller Kentucky
SEC west low level team Arkansas beating ECU
must i go on and for those Big Ten reps, remember the butt whoopings that we layed to Ohio St.

I am aware the injuries are part of football- I was commenting because of the thought earlier "the sec championship game was a better display of the two best teams" which is nonsense. The two best teams played in the NC... thinking otherwise is just being an SEC homer (which I don't like) or disrespecting a very good Texas team.

Nothing against Alabama, I promise. Only something against the SEC is greater than everybody attitude.

Not taking anything personal. I don't think Texas was undeserving...they went undefeated in a major conference, however, I do think that 2009 Florida would have won 8 of 10 times against 2009 Texas. To be honest, I think 2009 Florida would beat 2009 Alabama 7 of 10. The Tide just were on all cylinders that night.

That SEC championship game was the best game all season other than the AU V. UofA game

throwing 4 picks his not playing well lol
You can't honestly say that Colt would have not done any better than Gilbert a freshmen can you? yes he did play in blow outs but it's ablittke different playing against someone leading 30 and playing against the bama defense

I can say that...not sure about honestly :act-up:

I personally liked that Gilbert completed 4 passes to the defense.

I agree more with what you said earlier that it may have made a difference in the score line, but not the overall result.

Not taking anything personal. I don't think Texas was undeserving...they went undefeated in a major conference, however, I do think that 2009 Florida would have won 8 of 10 times against 2009 Texas. To be honest, I think 2009 Florida would beat 2009 Alabama 7 of 10. The Tide just were on all cylinders that night.

I honestly thought it would be florida vs. Texas in the NC game, but like you said Everything was clicking for Bama that night.

On another note, I have to get tapatalk internet on phone is way to slow, i post something then there is about 4 post above me that i missed lol

Gilbert played great, but not as good as colt would have. It doesnt matter though. Texas cant hold up to big, physical D. Look at the Nebraska game. Suh had his way with texas.

i dunno though i think that a healthy McCoy V. those other guys would have been a much better game and to be honest i would have watched more of it after McCoy left the game it was all over

I can say that...not sure about honestly :act-up:

I personally liked that Gilbert completed 4 passes to the defense.

I agree more with what you said earlier that it may have made a difference in the score line, but not the overall result.

Ya I really think the score would have been different and maybe even an OT but bama had a really good defense and "us" with no run game doesnt match up to well, even though i like to think Texas was the better team haha

Gilbert played great, but not as good as colt would have. It doesnt matter though. Texas cant hold up to big, physical D. Look at the Nebraska game. Suh had his way with texas.

Suh had his way with anyone
Go to bed you bama fan, your to young anyways lol

Anyhoo...last year is over and doesn't really matter anymore. We are TWO WEEKS from this season now. The best 15 weeks of the year. SEC Homer or not...we can all agree on that. :act-up:

This Bama fan is going to bed...night guys.

I was just about to say that it doesnt really matter but you beat me to it AD lol

Cant wait, nothing like watching college football from morning till night with the fellas and a few lady friends!

Suh had his way with anyone
Go to bed you bama fan, your to young anyways lol

lmao. I cant sleep well after football practice.

Suh shoulda got Heisman... Though it will look good in Bamas case!

No Suh shouldnt have got it lol I think the right guy got it last year and very well could get it again this year.

See ya AD! Im hittin the sack to. Hook em'! :D

No Suh shouldnt have got it lol I think the right guy got it last year and very well could get it again this year.

See ya AD! Im hittin the sack to. Hook em'! :D

Nah- He is a good football player, no doubt... but he isn't archie griffin

Ingram will never win it again...He shouldn't have won it last year. Stanfords running back had better #'s. The heisman is a joke anyways, I stopped caring about that sham of an award when Orlando Pace didn't win it.

Ingram will never win it again...He shouldn't have won it last year. Stanfords running back had better #'s. The heisman is a joke anyways, I stopped caring about that sham of an award when Orlando Pace didn't win it.

C'mon JRod...everyone knows that by Best Football Player, they mean Best Offensive Skill Position Player on a Top 5 Team :act-up: Gerhart could have won, but Stanford did not meet the Top 5 Team criteria. I don't think you can just look at the numbers though, or else whoever Houston's quarterback is each year would win every time.

I was thrilled for Mark Ingram, but he won't win it again this year. Unless they just had to, I don't think the Heisman voters want a two-time winner again.

Coming from an AL guy doesn't that get you kicked out of the state!! Thanks for the husker love, SUH should have won it, but defensive line isn't the glory position like RB or QB, oh well, He'll have a better pro career than ingram anyway!!!

Mr. Suh should buy our offensive linemen a nice gift. They made him a lot of money in that B-12 championship game.

Mr. Suh should buy our offensive linemen a nice gift. They made him a lot of money in that B-12 championship game.

Yeah he did look good that game, but I'll keep quiet on the reasons!!!

What about the AP top 10 that was released a little bit ago? Boise St., TCU, and Iowa in the top ten? I agree that Boise will be a good team (but not worthy of a number 3 ranking), and TCU/Iowa may surprise me, but I'm not too sure of that list at this point.

Agreed. But TCU's schedule is kind of a joke this year. THey will run the table most likely bringing back many starters. But did anybody see the Fiesta Bowl?

Agreed. But TCU's schedule is kind of a joke this year. THey will run the table most likely bringing back many starters. But did anybody see the Fiesta Bowl?

I watched it but don't remember anything that stood out from it really. I just don't think the competition they play throughout the year will prepare them for a big time game like the BCS Championship (and I likely won't believe it until I'm proven wrong). I'm interested to see how Boise plays against Virginia Tech.

Ya I Watched all of it. Was expecting more scoring in it, both teams just didnt really look good at all. I know a couple of the guys that play for TCU and they werent happy at all about the game. Just did not play well.

All boise has to do is win there 2 big games and should beat everyone else so they will be right there again and TCU should go undefeated as well so guess its up to the computers again. They might be the only 2 undefeated teams this year.

Ya I Watched all of it. Was expecting more scoring in it, both teams just didnt really look good at all. I know a couple of the guys that play for TCU and they werent happy at all about the game. Just did not play well.

All boise has to do is win there 2 big games and should beat everyone else so they will be right there again and TCU should go undefeated as well so guess its up to the computers again. They might be the only 2 undefeated teams this year.

If they play for the national championship I probably won't watch it. I don't mean to be rude, but 2 and 3 star recruits collectively do not possess the talent level that 4 and 5 star recruits do. While I know I am going to get the arguement that some of the best collegiate and NFL players were not highly recruited, and that is definitely true (Patrick Willis, a 2 star recruit, lived about 15 minutes from me and I played against his younger brothers in high school), the majority of the most talented collegiate players were 4 and 5 star recruits. I just don't think that with the talent that Boise, TCU and the smaller conference schools possess that they can compete with Texas, Florida, Alabama, etc. on a consistent basis. Coaching matters of course, but talent also has a huge impact.

I watched it but don't remember anything that stood out from it really. I just don't think the competition they play throughout the year will prepare them for a big time game like the BCS Championship (and I likely won't believe it until I'm proven wrong). I'm interested to see how Boise plays against Virginia Tech.

Im with you. Nothing stood out because both teams looked average. We saw the mid major play against FL this year in undefeated Cincy. And we all know the results of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back