How would you play this hole?

#2 Driver, with a nice PW in.
#3 6 iron

Oops for hole # 1: Looking at the numbers MWard posted, I'd probably play 3 hybrid off the tee. I hit it about 210. So that leaves me roughly 150 yards with no roll on my drive. I'd probably hit a 6 or 7 iron into the green. Hope to land it close and putt the birdie or 2 putt for par.

Hole #2: I'd probably play driver off the tee. Leaving me with hopefully an 8 iron into the green. Again 2 putt for par hopefully at the worst.

Hole #3: I'm playing a 5 iron off the tee aiming a little more right than usual and hope I don't come back too far left and into the water.

Depending on which tees, just an iron to short of the bunker, and then a short irons/wedge in.

#3 is a %-Iron or Hybrid depending on the wind off the water.

Goal is right center somewhere and two putts.

JM

Hole 1: Playing from the whites, I'd hit a fade with my 5 wood to the right side of the fairway, leaving me about 75-100 out. Hit a wedge to the left side of the green, two putt in for par.

Hole 2: I'd play it safe regardless of the tee box and hit a 5 iron to about 150. 8 iron in to the back of the green and hope to two putt, depending on the pin placement.

Hole 3: 6 Iron to the back right of the green, probably won't stick it. Chip onto the green and two putt for bogey.

Late start today...

Moving on to #4 which is a par 5.

Do you make up ground or extend your lead?

dc977b639dd897e14ab2a0f9699e5f86.jpg

Well I am taking driver on this hole and playing that baby fade. A shot from the fairway on your 2nd shot will be key if deciding on going for the green in two. I see big hitters going for it while others positioning for their third. Undulating green will make for an interesting pin placement.

Might need to use my partners drive on this one since it plays uphill on the approach I would probably go DR/3W then depending on distance knock it close and play for birdie

Cut, hard driver here. Either making up some ground of applying more pressure. Either way I am try to setup to get home in two
Late start today...

Well I am taking driver on this hole and playing that baby fade. A shot from the fairway on your 2nd shot will be key if deciding on going for the green in two. I see big hitters going for it while others positioning for their third. Undulating green will make for an interesting pin placement.

#4: If I catch my driver right I'm going for it in 2. Either way I'm going to try for as close as I can, because bunkers or rough around the greens don't worry me. If I have a chip on I'm going to be thinking birdie all the way.

Driver - 3 wood -pitch LW close - sink birdie putt

Aiming for middle of the green depth to back of green depending on pin, right side little draw, probably not firing at front pin.

On number 4 using the bunker to aim and try to hit a little cut with the driver.

Love dogleg right holes. Going to aim to the right side of the first fairway bunker and try to turn the driver over. Yardage from there will dictate my next shot on whether I try to go for the green in two.

Love dogleg right holes. Going to aim to the right side of the first fairway bunker and try to turn the driver over. Yardage from there will dictate my next shot on whether I try to go for the green in two.

Remember, you're teeing for two on this one :)

If 2 drives are being hit, I take Mini and hit fairway letting partner rip at it. If not, I'll take driver down the center allowing for a slight fade or draw.

If more than 210 out then zero chance going for it uphill so likely taking a short iron and putting it at 100y for a nice AW into the green. Leave it 8 feet under the hole and make the uphill breaker to the right for birdie.

If 2 drives are being hit, I take Mini and hit fairway letting partner rip at it. If not, I'll take driver down the center allowing for a slight fade or draw.

If more than 210 out then zero chance going for it uphill so likely taking a short iron and putting it at 100y for a nice AW into the green. Leave it 8 feet under the hole and make the uphill breaker to the right for birdie.

A man with a vision.

on #3, you have almost 2 full clubs of wiggle room from middle of the green to the hazard. that green is huge from what i remember. it's intimidating for sure, but just trust your number and you can miss by a good bit and be fine.

on #4, it's a tight driving hole. the smart play is to play short of the bunker on the left, hit fw or hybo for second shot, and have a comfortable wedge in for the 3rd. it's not a tough green. the problem with the hard cut is that if you over-cut it you are in big trouble in those trees. and if you don't cut it at all you're either in that trap or worse yet OVER that trap in which case you're dead in the trees. i wouldn't say it's a given birdie because of the premium on accuracy off the tee (a recurring theme on this course).

Remember, you're teeing for two on this one :)
Get yours in the fairway and I will let it rip.. if there is any chance to cut that corner, I will try it.

Edit: should have read the post before mine..haha No cutting the corner, but hopefully I can turn it over.

on #4, it's a tight driving hole. the smart play is to play short of the bunker on the left, hit fw or hybo for second shot, and have a comfortable wedge in for the 3rd. it's not a tough green. the problem with the hard cut is that if you over-cut it you are in big trouble in those trees. and if you don't cut it at all you're either in that trap or worse yet OVER that trap in which case you're dead in the trees. i wouldn't say it's a given birdie because of the premium on accuracy off the tee (a recurring theme on this course).

That tidbit helps a lot, because by the looks of that screenshot you have more room. Definitely will need to see what the look from the teebox reveals.

That tidbit helps a lot, because by the looks of that screenshot you have more room. Definitely will need to see what the look from the teebox reveals.

maybe tight is the wrong word. what is so masterful (IMHO) about the design of this course is that there is something off every tee to make you nervous, and while it's usually not in play it messes with you enough to make a bad swing or the wrong decision. this course rewards patience. it can be eaten alive by someone who knows their game and knows how to score, but it can make you want to quit the game if you just like to make swings and hit golf balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll hit my driver and aim straight.... and if you've ever played with me... you know that means it will take a nice right hook
Late start today...

from the orange tees, going with driver with a line close to the corner (if the trees are not tall, then maybe a little over them). Depending on the distance left, probably a 7i/8i layup for an easier third shot. If anywhere 200yd or less to the pin, would pull my 5i and go for it.

#4 is Driver, 3W or Hybrid and short iron into the green. Looking for a birdie here after a good third shot.

JM

Driver off the tee, 3W towards the green. If I'm short I hope to leave me with a pitch and putt for birdie. Probably will miss the putt and either end up with par or bogey.

Tee shot is key for me on #4. Smooth but decisive swing with driver. Im attempting to get home in 2 as long as I don't do something stupid off the tee

I am late to this party but here are my choices
1 - I am hitting driver off this tee, starting at the fairway trap and hitting a little cut out there, putting it somewhere down by the greenside bunker on the left.
2 - driver all day and short iron or wedge in
3 - 7 iron from the orange tees, 6 iron from tips
4 - Driver and whatever club it takes to get home in 2

Back