The Car Shopping Thread

Jay,No offense taken. I am also the guy who has been Wilson Staffs biggest supporter. I love great brands.Even those that fall of the tracks.W/S and Lincoln both have so much right in their history. I would not buy a two door vehicle to start with.Just not practical to me. However I could see Lincoln being able to sell one in limited numbers. Old guys don't want to fold into a pretzel to get into the back seat.(The back seat of a Mustang when I was a lot younger was great..but that is another story) A picture of a two door Continental concept car came up when I googled 2017 Continental earlier today.
You're the demographic that's been the Lincoln buyer of the past (not offense) and the one that will keep them going until they can reach my demographic better. They have to have a solid offerings to step into a market they've never really had before. For what it's worth, the MKC has been a vehicle that (from what I've seen personally) has been purchased by the ladies more so than the guys.

Question, if Lincoln made a two door sports coupe on the Mustang chassis, would you seriously consider buying something like that? Similar to the BMW M2, Lexus RC and Audi RS model lines?

With this Lincoln talk, is there a chance the Mark name will come back? Was a huge fan of the MN-12 chassis cars like the Thunderbird SC, (owned several different years)and the Mark 8. Would love to own another FoMoCo sports coupe not named Mustang, thou nothing wrong with the new Stangs especially that GT350 with that flat plane crank 5.2l V8.

Those new front ends are way way better that that "cow catcher off of a steam locomotive" look some of the prior models are sporting.

With this Lincoln talk, is there a chance the Mark name will come back? Was a huge fan of the MN-12 chassis cars like the Thunderbird SC, (owned several different years)and the Mark 8. Would love to own another FoMoCo sports coupe not named Mustang, thou nothing wrong with the new Stangs especially that GT350 with that flat plane crank 5.2l V8.

Those new front ends are way way better that that "cow catcher off of a steam locomotive" look some of the prior models are sporting.

No word about bring back the Mark name, though if they were to introduce a two door sports coupe into the current Lincoln lineup, the Mark name wouldn't be a bad one to use!

The SOUND of the GT350 and GT350R in person, is AMAZING! We've sold two (one of each) here at the dealership where I work.

No gas cap? Never seen that before!

My 2015 Dodge Charger doesn't have a gas cap either. Nice little convenience.

b77313cae7555e994d34d4ec20dc9d02.jpg

My 2015 Dodge Charger doesn't have a gas cap either. Nice little convenience.

b77313cae7555e994d34d4ec20dc9d02.jpg
Whoa.. That blows my mind! Very cool. I know my Lexus still has one and it's a pita to have to loosen it then put it on the back of the gas door. My '11 Odyssey still has one as well.

I wonder long term how this integrated gas cap is going to be with evap leaks as they get old and how expensive they will be to replace.

I still find myself reaching for a gas cap to fill'er up...habit.

The under 25 age demographic bought more cars in 2014 than any other age demographic. Based in inflation, in comparison with the 1980's, the spending is not at high, but we/they are buying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I still find myself reaching for a gas cap to fill'er up...habit.
Haha... I bought a 2014 Chrysler 300s almost 2 years ago. I Still reach for the gascap every once in a while. Old habits are hard to break!

I wonder long term how this integrated gas cap is going to be with evap leaks as they get old and how expensive they will be to replace.
Yeah I wondered the same, seems like a fancy fix to a non existent problem

I've been looking into classic Porsche's

Way more fun than buying a CRV

Can't go wrong with that ponder. How classic are you looking?

In another 10 years for me. I'm thinking Porsche turbo 2002+ or a 4S. 6 speed manual as well.

You should get a 1994 911 Twin Turbo just like on the original Bad Boys movie with Will Smith!

Can't go wrong with that ponder. How classic are you looking?

Essentially anything air cooled. Most likely 3.2, 964 or 993.

In another 10 years for me. I'm thinking Porsche turbo 2002+ or a 4S. 6 speed manual as well.

Probably 3-5 years away for myself, helping my dad look. He's in the early stages, not sure if he will do it or not.

Essentially anything air cooled. Most likely 3.2, 964 or 993.

Probably 3-5 years away for myself, helping my dad look. He's in the early stages, not sure if he will do it or not.

993…...droolmobile.

Those are awesome, but...

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/651830709/overview/

They are all droolmobiles, well I guess there is the 996.

993 was the first car poster I had and still have somewhere at my parents. It stole my heart at the age of 4-5.

Still think 996 Turbos are a steal. Not a pretty face, but she'll still please you.

(Hope that's forum friendly language)

Yep my work vehicle 2014 Dodge Durango doesn't have one either no issues yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yea, 2014 Charger doesn't have one either. So far, so good...

Pick your poison....

Laguna Blue, Daytona Sunrise or Shark Gray Metallic...

e392054c260d20a96f0dfaf82d360fd0.jpg
7955c4b0f62ddb6d228c62bd586c0b78.jpg
f9fb126281ea8a2e8536febe763b3bc6.jpg

Shark grey for this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those three, I'll take Shark Gray please.

Good lord I want a Z06

Back