Each has pros and cons. Overall I have to say TV because you get to see more players and don't have to deal with the weather or crowds. However, I do enjoy my week at the LPGA Kingsmill Championship watching the Monday qualifier, practice rounds, and then walking inside the ropes watching the players work. Being there allows you to see the players that aren't at the top of the leaderboard.

At home is way more comfortable, even for movies, unless it's something you can't get at home.

It's fun to be at a tournament on Saturday to walk around and see everything and then watch it on TV on Sunday with some course knowledge.

NFL is so much better on TV. NHL is much better in person. Baseball, kind of the same for me. I lean more towards watching at home now though because when it comes to parking, food, tickets, and all the extra aggravation, I'd rather be sitting on my couch. Must be getting old. When it comes to golf, the Ryder Cup was the best sporting event I've ever been too. Can't get that feeling on TV.

I love being live if I'm following someone who doesn't have a huge crowd. Following the leaders on Sunday is nuts.

For football I like to watch it on TV at a bar or house with friends.

Baseball, hockey, and golf I'd rather watch live.

I don't watch or care much about basketball.

Give me my 70plus hdtv everyday of the week. I've been to plenty of live events from the Masters & US opens to the Honda and Bayhill. And I prefer to watch on TV every time.

Depending on the Tourney, I would much rather be there.

There is no TV good enough that would replace walking the grounds at Augusta.

I enjoy both. To me nothing is better than being at a great game but at the same time with something like football if I go to the game it's an all day event and I miss out on all of the other games on Sunday so I prefer TV. Now with a sport like hockey I'll choose being there over TV every time, nothing better than watching hockey in person. The PGA I think I prefer TV, watching the pros live is awesome but you can only see a little at a time where on TV they can show shot from all around the course.

A week like today with light crowds is perfect. Not much fun about standing 5 people deep as a sub 6 foot person. Phoenix would be fun though

Home.....as evidenced by passing on Masters tickets going on 3 years right now.
unless I was getting passes to The Masters then I snap go

I usually watch sports on tv, but every once in a while I really enjoy seeing a live event. I've yet to see any golf event in person though.

At home for me, but I'm getting older and hate traffic and crowds.

I've been to the Sony Open twice. Small crowds mean you get close to the players. It's like being a second caddy. It's way better than TV. However if there are big crowds and a loss of the closeness I would just rather watch it on tv.

For me it would depend on the sport and the seats also what the parking/transit situation.
Hockey is always best live.
Football I will go with TV.
Golf I have never been to a live event so I don't know what would be better.
Skeleton/bobsled/luge/snowboarding/speed skating all are awesome live.

TV obviously covers the sporting events better and allows you to follow the event more closely, but the feeling of actually being there is something that cannot be enjoyed while sitting on a couch or in a recliner.

What I have typed here is really a non-answer to the question, and I'll leave it at that.

After going to the 2004 PGA I figured out you just miss so much not being able to see it all like you do on tv. Never been to an event since.

Ice hockey is the best in person. A playoff game in other sports is better in person. Otherwise, tv coverage has gotten so much better.

NFL Redzone makes you miss a ton if you go to a game instead.

TV to me is much more entertaining, commentary, replys etc make the sporting event so much more enjoyable.

I've never been to a tournament. I generally prefer live sports all around so think I'd enjoy being there in person better. I do like the TV coverage a lot though.

Being there...Camp Randall on a fall afternoon is electric.

The local tournaments are great to watch live, the shoot out and the Coors Championship. Never been to a PGA event, hope to make a Jimmy Buffett show in Frisco and the Colonial this May. Heard it makes it 100 times better.

I prefer TV for most sports. Basketball is one I would go to live every time though.

As someone who does not like crowds in any venue, TV is the way for me. But I would love to see Augusta in person.

Back