The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's actually won his division now three years in a row, which is two more years than anyone previously had been able to do since the divisions inception in 2002, including a future HoF'er like Drew Brees.

You do have to consider how dreadful that division has been lately. Aside from Carolina, they are almost as bad as the NFC East. This year they only played 3 contenders: Seattle, Green Bay and Indy. You could include Houston, but they won their division by default, not by great play.

That doesn't take away from the Panthers' excellent play this season though. They have done well and will be a challenge in the SB.

You do have to consider how dreadful that division has been lately. Aside from Carolina, they are almost as bad as the NFC East. This year they only played 3 contenders: Seattle, Green Bay and Indy. You could include Houston, but they won their division by default, not by great play.
You consider Indy a contender, but not a Houston team which beat them to win their division?

Carolina has beaten Seattle twice, GB, Arizona,Redskins made the playoffs.Heck, they can only play the teams on their schedule. Cam is not up for the HOF. He has fun playing football which is kind of the reason you start playing back in pop warner.He is plenty mature to lead and apparently it is working out.

That doesn't take away from the Panthers' excellent play this season though. They have done well and will be a challenge in the SB.

In regards to Cam, he has definitely matured during his time in the league. I remember his first season when they were getting crushed regularly. He would routinely get ripped for his attitude, but to his credit, you don't see much of that anymore. Winning certainly helps, but I think he's shown a good deal of leadership. Personally, I think the criticism for the dabbing, celebrating, etc is ridiculous. The team as a whole seems to really enjoy playing football and I think they're fun to watch even though I did think the Cards would win :wink:!

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

I'm not sure who you'd compare them to, but since the Pats are held to gold standard, who did they beat? Nothing really all that more impressive from the schedule I'm looking at?

Good one

xxhgm.jpg

I am really upset that "NiftyNiblick" has not logged on to post in this thread...

I'm not sure who you'd compare them to, but since the Pats are held to gold standard, who did they beat? Nothing really all that more impressive from the schedule I'm looking at?

I was just thinking about Denver (no surprise there). Nobody seems to give any credit there, yet to get to where they are, they won what is considered one of the 2 or 3 toughest divisions in the NFL right now. They beat Green Bay, Minnesota (actually swept the NFC North), KC, Oakland, New England, Cincinnati - then in the playoffs beat Pittsburgh to avenge the regular season loss, then beat New England again to add an exclamation point. They played 6 games without their starting QB (and he was hobbled most of the season when he was playing) and won 4 of the 6. In the last game against NE, they were so depleted at safety that at one point they had linebacker Brandon Marshall playing in the cornerback position when Talib moved over to safety.

One thing that Carolina has had going for it all season is relatively few injuries at key positions.

he's actually won his division now three years in a row, which is two more years than anyone previously had been able to do since the divisions inception in 2002, including a future HoF'er like Drew Brees.

But it seems like he may be more of a leader than just a piece of the puzzle. That's what I'm getting at. Not what they've done as a team in the past.

I was just thinking about Denver (no surprise there). Nobody seems to give any credit there, yet to get to where they are, they won what is considered one of the 2 or 3 toughest divisions in the NFL right now. They beat Green Bay, Minnesota (actually swept the NFC North), KC, Oakland, New England, Cincinnati - then in the playoffs beat Pittsburgh to avenge the regular season loss, then beat New England again to add an exclamation point. They played 6 games without their starting QB (and he was hobbled most of the season when he was playing) and won 4 of the 6. In the last game against NE, they were so depleted at safety that at one point they had linebacker Brandon Marshall playing in the cornerback position when Talib moved over to safety.

One thing that Carolina has had going for it all season is relatively few injuries at key positions.

I'm a hardcore Broncos fan. We've been dismissed since the blow out at our last Super Bowl. We deserved criticism for that loss. But everyone is now talking about how we don't have a chance. NE was supposed to blow us out, so was Pittsburgh. We lost some games, happens. But to be as flippant as ESPN and every sports agency has been about the Denver Broncos is crazy. We won a hard division, we had major injuries, and we've become accustomed to being the underdog. So I look forward to beating Carolina in the Super Bowl. Hell, they've handed Cam the MVP 8-9 weeks ago (he deserves it now I think), as of this morning he has won the Super Bowl and he has won the MVP to the game. Defense wins Championships, Offense sales tickets.

I'm ready, it'll be a good game. Just don't count us out before the game is played.

Carolina has had several key players out for extended periods. Luke Kuechly, 3 games concussion.Charles Tillman out for season, Bene Beneikere out for season( that is both starting corners) Charles Johnson Defensive End at least a month. Jonathan Stewart 3 games with foot injury and Jared Allen, boken foot and now and now Thomas Davis with a broken arm that had surgery today. Not counting our best reliever Benjamin who never played this year.

AZ was something else. Definitely not the same team that played all year. They just had a bad day. This made Carolina look really good. The better Carolina looks the better for the odds cause Denver will win and I can make more money. Love my Broncos.

I'm a hardcore Broncos fan. We've been dismissed since the blow out at our last Super Bowl. We deserved criticism for that loss. But everyone is now talking about how we don't have a chance. NE was supposed to blow us out, so was Pittsburgh. We lost some games, happens. But to be as flippant as ESPN and every sports agency has been about the Denver Broncos is crazy. We won a hard division, we had major injuries, and we've become accustomed to being the underdog. So I look forward to beating Carolina in the Super Bowl. Hell, they've handed Cam the MVP 8-9 weeks ago (he deserves it now I think), as of this morning he has won the Super Bowl and he has won the MVP to the game. Defense wins Championships, Offense sales tickets.

I'm ready, it'll be a good game. Just don't count us out before the game is played.
Pitt was supposed to blow out Denver?

Good luck to the Broncos but in all honesty Carolina beat the heck out of Arizona. Just like the Cardinals did to us seven years ago and The Seahawks did last year. This bad day stuff is a load of crap.As for Cam some of the media hates him some love him.It does not really seem to matter much to him. He EARNED the MVP which now everyone pretty much agrees on.He completed at least two passes to seven different guys last night. Not sure how a team plays this well and gets so little credit for it.
AZ was something else. Definitely not the same team that played all year. They just had a bad day. This made Carolina look really good. The better Carolina looks the better for the odds cause Denver will win and I can make more money. Love my Broncos.

Haha that is what I thought.

Other than Big Bens mom I'm not sure who would have thought a hobbled Ben and no Bryant Pittsburgh team would blow anybody out.

As a bronco fan I really hope that nationally they get overlooked for the next two weeks. I hope all we hear is about how good cam is and how many touchdowns they will score. The Broncos play better as underdogs the two best games they've played all year were when they were totally overlooked against the Packers and patriots.

Haha that is what I thought.

Other than Big Bens mom I'm not sure who would have thought a hobbled Ben and no Bryant Pittsburgh team would blow anybody out.
It was worse than Bryant, it was Brown who was out.

FYI I was there and loved the game last night but I know Denver is a great team. We don't have the luxury of overlooking anyone let alone a team as good as the Broncos.

It was worse than Bryant, it was Brown who was out.
That is what my kind thought as I typed Bryant haha.

Either way no one was predicting a Steelers blowout

Don't think people were expecting the Steelers to blow them out, but the bookie I use had LOADSSSSSSSS of money on the Steelers.

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?

I am on the fence right now. Hillman went to my HS, CJ Anderson is a great Cal Bear and I would kind of like to see Manning go out a winner. So go Broncos! But I hate Elway and Rivera was at Cal when I was there, a really solid player. So go Panthers!

Panthers.

Because of Cam.

I'm a homer.

NERD NOTES: This will be the 1st Super Bowl ever in which QBs drafted No. 1 overall will face each other. (Cameron Newton in 2011, Peyton Manning in 1998)

seems like the game will hinge on denver's D-line vs carolina's O-line.

denver got to brady like nothing i've ever seen. of course, cam is a different beast from brady, but if they get pressure like that....who the hell knows.

i think peyton will get hit hard, and often. if we can score points, ballgame.

I do not doubt for one second that Denver's D is legit, but if the Panthers get up I don't think they'll be able to generate enough offense to stay in it. I don't think they'll get smoked like they did against Seattle, but I feel like Carolina is going to walk away with the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back