2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you would have waited for the pussycat dolls song to pop off you would have gotten at least 10 more reps
Honestly, I had no idea what song was on. I rarely hear music when I'm under the bar. Plus, good looking girls singing to me is more motivation than some angry guy with daddy issues yelling at me.

Got on a scale this morning and it was crazy/disappointing i haven't been to the gym in a week because of the storm and I'm down 6-8 from what I had been up too. I guess I need to get in the gym today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You and me both dude!! It's only a couple for me but still sucks not working out and gaining. I'm hoping to be back at it soon

You and me both dude!! It's only a couple for me but still sucks not working out and gaining. I'm hoping to be back at it soon

I suppose it makes me wonder, what did I even gain? If it only takes a week off to drop 8 lbs it clearly wasn't muscle mass.

Rough day at the gym today. Squats were fine. Last set was a bit of a grind. 5 more lbs next time. I missed 3 reps on press today. I went 4/5/3. Had an extra day off between workouts, so that should have helped but I was only up 0.2 in bw. Must eat some more. I'll try the same weight on the next workout.
Deadlift was hard. 15 lb jump from last time. Grip was tough on the last 2 reps. I'll go with hook or alternate grip with a 15 lb bump, and if that fails mer, down to 10 lb bumps.
I know I worked hard today, just don't feel like I accomplished anything.

Rough day at the gym today. Squats were fine. Last set was a bit of a grind. 5 more lbs next time. I missed 3 reps on press today. I went 4/5/3. Had an extra day off between workouts, so that should have helped but I was only up 0.2 in bw. Must eat some more. I'll try the same weight on the next workout.
Deadlift was hard. 15 lb jump from last time. Grip was tough on the last 2 reps. I'll go with hook or alternate grip with a 15 lb bump, and if that fails mer, down to 10 lb bumps.
I know I worked hard today, just don't feel like I accomplished anything.
How long have you been running LP? What is your press at?

How long have you been running LP? What is your press at?
8 weeks. last weight I completed was 105#. Today was 107.5 where I missed reps. Press is admittedly my weakest lift.

8 weeks. last weight I completed was 105#. Today was 107.5 where I missed reps. Press is admittedly my weakest lift.
It's everybody's weakest lift. Eat more. Hit it again in 5 days.

Found a pretty good alternative use for a trap bar tonight, been wanting to try it for a while. Used it to do farmers walks. Liked it a lot better than using dumbells, mainly because I hate reracking heavy dumbells. Decent workout tonight. In the weight loss phase of the year, so doing a lot of supersets.

Superset 1
Squats 3x5
Ball slams 3x10

Bench press 3x8

Superset 2
Trap bar farmers walks 3 sets
kettlebell swings 3x20

Wheel rollout 1x10

Superset 3
Face pulls 3x10
Tricep extensions 3x10

I suppose it makes me wonder, what did I even gain? If it only takes a week off to drop 8 lbs it clearly wasn't muscle mass.

Didn't I just rant about gaining weight too fast the other day bahahaha. Muscle can only be built so fast. All good brotha you'll get back to gaining soon enough and I'm hoping to be on that same train. I just checked and I've lost 1.5lbs so actually not bad but that small fluctuation could easily just be water or waste. Sure I'll be damn sore once back at it tho.

Almost got a full hour of cardio in tonight - 55 minutes to be exact. 30 minutes of eliptical, 20 minutes on the stationary bike and the last 5 minutes on the rower. Wanted to get a full 10 minutes on the rower but ran out of gas at the end. Next time I'll switch the order so I can get the full 10 minutes.

Almost got a full hour of cardio in tonight - 55 minutes to be exact. 30 minutes of eliptical, 20 minutes on the stationary bike and the last 5 minutes on the rower. Wanted to get a full 10 minutes on the rower but ran out of gas at the end. Next time I'll switch the order so I can get the full 10 minutes.

Solid work dude!

Thanks! It isn't a match to your two a day, but I really like where my cardio levels are getting.

Your continually gaining time on the machines and that's good and all that matters.

Good week

Good week

Pretty good week, was in the gym all 4 nights. Missed PR bench of 310 on Wed but hit 300 after. Squatted 405x2 and then 425x1 last night and I can still walk ok this morning.

Pretty good week, was in the gym all 4 nights. Missed PR bench of 310 on Wed but hit 300 after. Squatted 405x2 and then 425x1 last night and I can still walk ok this morning.
Well done. That's a lot of gravity to fight.

I finally made it back to the gym today! I worked out back today and it was decent.

I did deadlifts, I started with a few warm up sets, and on my 3rd set I felt a pull in my upper back. I still worked thru to set a new max of 375, I missed it twice, but was able to get it locked out the 3rd time, it was shakey but I got it. Then did 3 more sets of 225.

I also did Landmine upright rows
Landmine oblique twist
Cable rotations
And cable wood chops

Nothing to exciting with any of those.

So I joined this place called planet fitness 3 weeks ago. It's right next to work and so freaking cheap I couldn't believe I didn't know about it sooner.

Over the past 3 weeks I've been going 4-5x per week and expect to maintain that frequency through summer. I find slow repetition weight lifting incredibly boring and enjoy doing circuit training. Keeps me engaged, focused, challenged and helps build strength and endurance. It's still early and I haven't done a full body circuit yet until I build up my strength. I've been focusing on different muscle groups each visit in combination with a cardio workout. I'm hoping to put myself through the full body test in another couple weeks.

Everything is going well. I feel my strength and endurance building.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Planet Fitness? $10 a month, no barbells, lunk alarm, free pizza on Mondays?

Planet Fitness? $10 a month, no barbells, lunk alarm, free pizza on Mondays?

That's the one, but mine has dumbbells but no free pizza. Feel like I'm getting ripped off now

That's the one, but mine has dumbbells but no free pizza. Feel like I'm getting ripped off now
The pizza may be on the first Monday of the month. Something like that.

The pizza may be on the first Monday of the month. Something like that.
Thats hilarious. The facility is actually really nice with tons of equipment. But a fitness facility sponsored by biggest loser serving pizza, now that's gold.

Thats hilarious. The facility is actually really nice with tons of equipment. But a fitness facility sponsored by biggest loser serving pizza, now that's gold.

While it's not for anyone powerlifting, it serves it's purpose. Any gym that's convenient and gets you in there is a win in my book. Now you can't use the excuse of its to far or I don't feel like driving there's it's literally right there. So I hope it works out! And dang I wish I could get a free pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back