2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hill sprints. I have to get busy getting in shape. Apparently I'm supposed to be at the Army Master Fitness Course in about a month.

I know it's a small thing, but I'm amazed how much more water I drink now that we have a fridge that has it in the door, and how much better I feel after staying so hydrated, hopefully I can transition some of this momentum into the rest of my workout routines, but small steps are good as well!

Two a days started for me today man I feel good probably not so much tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's a small thing, but I'm amazed how much more water I drink now that we have a fridge that has it in the door, and how much better I feel after staying so hydrated, hopefully I can transition some of this momentum into the rest of my workout routines, but small steps are good as well!
Seems small until like you mentioned, you actually drink enough and realize how much of a difference it makes. Nice going dude, I'm trying to follow suit!

Good day at the gym today. Squats, bench, and power cleans. Got a little tip from another lifter on really pinching my scapula back. Felt like I was doing that, but really wasn't enough. Bench felt really good after that. Felt like I tweaked something in my left arm at some point, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. Not really feeling it a couple hours later.

I'm up almost 20 lbs. Wife says I'm looking in pretty good shape.

Good day at the gym today. Squats, bench, and power cleans. Got a little tip from another lifter on really pinching my scapula back. Felt like I was doing that, but really wasn't enough. Bench felt really good after that. Felt like I tweaked something in my left arm at some point, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. Not really feeling it a couple hours later.

I'm up almost 20 lbs. Wife says I'm looking in pretty good shape.
Setting your shoulder blades is easy with a spotter because you set them before the bar is handed off. It's harder to do as a single.

Setting your shoulder blades is easy with a spotter because you set them before the bar is handed off. It's harder to do as a single.
I've heard that as well.

I've heard that as well.
You learn to set them 60% of the way, unrack the weight and then set them the rest of the way. It's less than ideal, but it's not impossible.

You learn to set them 60% of the way, unrack the weight and then set them the rest of the way. It's less than ideal, but it's not impossible.
Whenever I can bench again ill try to keep that in my thought process haha. I usually set 100% and unrack and I know I definitely lose some power because some sets just feel awful until I start over and get that nice solid powerful feeling. I need to practice what you're saying and I know my bench will be more consistent.

Whenever I can bench again ill try to keep that in my thought process haha. I usually set 100% and unrack and I know I definitely lose some power because some sets just feel awful until I start over and get that nice solid powerful feeling. I need to practice what you're saying and I know my bench will be more consistent.
This is just my experience, when I get that tight before I unrack, it's really hard to unrack the bar because the shoulders aren't involved in the process. The hard part is, if you're too loose, it will be near impossible to set the scapulas.

This is just my experience, when I get that tight before I unrack, it's really hard to unrack the bar because the shoulders aren't involved in the process. The hard part is, if you're too loose, it will be near impossible to set the scapulas.
Being too loose is the issue I feel I encounter the most. I have to rack and start over because everything just feels totally off and weight that should be easy when set, suddenly feels like a grind haha. Its amazing how much better the weight moves when everything is set properly huh?

Being too loose is the issue I feel I encounter the most. I have to rack and start over because everything just feels totally off and weight that should be easy when set, suddenly feels like a grind haha. Its amazing how much better the weight moves when everything is set properly huh?
Weird how that happens haha

That is exactly what I've felt. I set really well and lose it when I unrack the bar, and it is hard to set them properly with the bar unranked.

That is exactly what I've felt. I set really well and lose it when I unrack the bar, and it is hard to set them properly with the bar unranked.
It takes some practice. But it's not impossible. I will try to make a little video.

Well, the thumbnail is less than flattering, but I hope the content is good

So, we have what you might call an Industrial bathroom for the shop guys to use here at work. In it they have a large steel bar that holds their new uniforms once they get delivered once a week from the uniform company. ANYWAY...I'm getting more and more into my fitness each day it seems. I find myself using that bathroom more often because, like just now...I grabbed the top bar and did 10 pullups.

Well, the thumbnail is less than flattering, but I hope the content is good

Awesome as usual Joe, thanks man. I pull myself towards the bar so at least I'm doing something right haha think if I just work on the tightness once I'm actually down against the bench and not flare ill be good to go. Thumbnail is clickbait btw

Hit the row machine today at lunch for 2,500m and then the treadmill for a mile wearing 40lb vest and at a steep incline really felt good not to mention both ate up a bunch of calories gonna hit the legs tonight and then get a run in after that then hit chest and back.

Hit the row machine today at lunch for 2,500m and then the treadmill for a mile wearing 40lb vest and at a steep incline really felt good not to mention both ate up a bunch of calories gonna hit the legs tonight and then get a run in after that then hit chest and back.

Jeebus man.

Wow dude! That's really hardcore! Good for you! Makes my workouts ACTUALLY look like a walk in the park.

Blu will be proud of me.. I was able to finagle a Deadlift setup at my gym today because it was virtually empty. Got in some actual deadlifts and it felt great.

Blu will be proud of me.. I was able to finagle a Deadlift setup at my gym today because it was virtually empty. Got in some actual deadlifts and it felt great.

That makes me happy

It makes me happy too! Deadlifts are awesome

They are an amazing lift that has a lot of carry over to everyday life. Plus, it's pretty awesome to pick up something heavy and put it back down.

They are an amazing lift that has a lot of carry over to everyday life. Plus, it's pretty awesome to pick up something heavy and put it back down.
Something much heavier than I am. My back sure is getting stronger from them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back