No idea Longview had closed. I've hit inside the dome only a couple times since moving to Iowa and never used the outside grass range. My father in law used to buy an annual pass there up until a couple years ago. Thought they should be doing okay since there's no real practice facility in the Grimes/Johnston/Urbandale area. Just part of the times I suppose.

Anyway - I'm up for checking out the simulator place for a couple hours some weekend if anyone is interested. I've never played sim golf and have only heard absolute horror stories about how bad the putting systems are lol.

Our dome is open November thru March. Then it's used for soccer and baseball in the dome "off season".

No idea Longview had closed. I've hit inside the dome only a couple times since moving to Iowa and never used the outside grass range. My father in law used to buy an annual pass there up until a couple years ago. Thought they should be doing okay since there's no real practice facility in the Grimes/Johnston/Urbandale area. Just part of the times I suppose.

Anyway - I'm up for checking out the simulator place for a couple hours some weekend if anyone is interested. I've never played sim golf and have only heard absolute horror stories about how bad the putting systems are lol.
Longview was bought because it's going to be developed into shopping and a freeway off ramp.

I'll try sim golf with you soon.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Longview was bought because it's going to be developed into shopping and a freeway off ramp.

I'll try sim golf with you soon.

Nice! Good for them. Take the money, run and get out of the golf business.

I am up for whatever whenever, can't wait to get this thing scheduled.

Wait. The dome closed? Man. That thing had been around forever. Ive gotten more than a few golf fixes in the winter months there.

Someone text me when you scout the simulator.

~Rock

Ok weekend shopping here. Our first thought is the last weekend in July. Ryder Cup format. Course will be either The Harvester or The Preserve.

While we realize it's a bit far out. Does anyone see a problem with their schedule and this weekend? We want to get as many here as can make it.

Right now that's good with me!

No problem here...I'll confer with my co-worker to see if he's planned anything.

Not exactly a clear weekend for me, but enough time for me to try and move some things around.

Dates should work for me, I think.

I'm in. Should be no problem.

Not exactly a clear weekend for me, but enough time for me to try and move some things around.
Let us know

I'm all in for that weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will mark it down. A few of us may come down in mid may (weather permitting) to play the harvester and coldwater...if that happens i will let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok weekend shopping here. Our first thought is the last weekend in July. Ryder Cup format. Course will be either The Harvester or The Preserve.

While we realize it's a bit far out. Does anyone see a problem with their schedule and this weekend? We want to get as many here as can make it.

Sorry to say, but I'm out, same thing as last year for me, traveling to WI to teach!

I'm most likely out as I'll probably be in Rhode Island for a wedding.

While I think that would work for me, typically the first two or three weekends of the month work better in MOST cases, due to my job and end of the month selling. With this July being the VERY last day of the month (none Sunday) that probably won't be a good one for me. I'm not saying NO for sure, but saying that the week before would be better, or one of the next two weeks after.

It appears we might have to look at something else.

Alright everyone look at July 16/17. Would that be a better weekend?

Last edited:
It appears we might have to look at something else.

Alright everyone look at July 16/17. Would that be a better weekend?

As of NOW, that weekend would work for me.

July 16/17 does not work for me. Can we get a poll added for the available dates?

July 16/17 does not work for me. Can you add a poll?
Sure I'm flying all day. Let me get home this weekend and I'll figure how to add one

Is The Preserve the course near Rathburn Lake?

Is The Preserve the course near Rathburn Lake?
Yes it is. We played there a couple years ago. Course condition can sometimes be an issue. We will see how it looks coming thru the spring.

Back