Do you love your wedges?

I've been very happy with my recent change to Vokeys and heavier shafts.

Yes, and I honestly didn't think I would, but they kicked my Pings out of the bag and are pretty secure.

My wedges rust. Which is awesome!

I would like to try something different in 2016, especially a lower bounce option at the lob wedge slot, or messing around with a 52/56/60 configuration. The bummer is there aren't a lot of folks making a raw finish these days. Might throw down on some Hopkins wedges.

In short, I feel like they just about get the job done, but I'm interesting to figure out if there's something better out there.

My wedges rust. Which is awesome!

I would like to try something different in 2016, especially a lower bounce option at the lob wedge slot, or messing around with a 52/56/60 configuration. The bummer is there aren't a lot of folks making a raw finish these days. Might throw down on some Hopkins wedges.

In short, I feel like they just about get the job done, but I'm interesting to figure out if there's something better out there.

I love me some rust wedges.

I love me some rust wedges.
They're getting harder to find these days. I don't think Callaway's made a raw finish since the MD2TG, Cobra's new wedges look to have a plated finish...I might go back to Vokeys in 2016.

They're getting harder to find these days. I don't think Callaway's made a raw finish since the MD2TG, Cobra's new wedges look to have a plated finish...I might go back to Vokeys in 2016.

Put them in Coke for a night. Eat the finish off, and rust away!!

I love my MD2 58 Tour grind, such a versatile club...
The 54 has been on the verge of being dumped at several times...

Dax

Cleveland Rotex 2.0,,,50 and a 56, simply fantastic wedges and they are even better when I swapped the stock steel for the graphite AXE shafts. Spin is perfect as a 3/4 shot rolls out foot or so. And a full shot zips back a few feet. First wedges I have truly embraced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I love them around the green, but I'm not so keen on full shots. I just have a hard time with distance control. It's probably more my fault than the wedges but it's easier to blame it on them.:)

Sometimes...I have the TM ATV 52 & 58 in my bag and I love them from the rough but I have struggled with them off the fairway. I really want to try the smartsole wedges.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Over the past year and a half I've had a love hate relationship with them. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome wedges, but it's been more me than them. I'm sure other wedges hear that a lot, too.

I carry 2 SM5 wedges a 56* with a KK shaft and a 60* with a DG Spinner. I have had Cleveland in the past but switched to the SM5 when they first came out. The KK shaft was an experiment. I've had good and bad shots with them. I like the feel but sometimes I get too quick and that when the bad shots come in. I don't know if it's the combination of hitting graphite and then going to steel or what. Got to work on that.

I did til I saw the sm6

Honestly no. My 56* is almost 4 seasons old (i think), and it has held it's spot mainly because I have been tinkering with everything else.

PW & DW have been swapped out with my past 2 sets of irons, going from Altitudes to CG Black CB's.

Really wish I could get back to a setup where I loved my wedges again, and felt a sense of security when I had them in my hands.

I do. The 54 and 58 are good until maybe the end of the year then I will likely stick with Cleveland and go back to the 588 forged 54 and 58 I have that have at least a year left in them.

War Eagle posted this picture on another thread of the next set of wedges I will be falling in love with.

2f9ff0379528268aa39b43ec25b2ff66.jpg

My wedges are super random, but I had them years ago and loved them. Put them in the shed for 5 years and bought new wedges after new wedges not really clicking with anything, I just went back and wonder why I ever stopped playing these

Yep I do but that's not to say they won't be switched out for something else.

The wedge play is my favorite stage of each hole. I like the up and down approach rather than the bump and run even realizing this is the opposite recommendation from better golfers. It's just more fun for me and at 72 years old that's mostly what golf is all about - fun. Also, going against better golfers advice, I use a Callaway 60* Mack daddy and an old Hogan 64* "stop action" which have both given some embarrassing results but are sure fun to use and have sometimes added to the 19th hole debriefings.

I do "like" my wedges, but it's about time to replace the 56 and 58 degree wedges. My 52 is less than a full season on it.

Yes I do, but sometimes they don't love me back. The Vokeys are great, but they need a lot of practice to master. But once they're on, they're money.

It's gonna take a lot of club to get my PM Grind wedges out of my bag, they do whatever I ask them to do.

Back