The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on my snow boots and made snow ball golf balls today and hit about 30 of them in the backyard.

Got to the range this afternoon for the first time in a month. Was definitely a little rusty in the beginning, but the swing got better as the range session went on. Was pretty quick early on so I reset to saying " 1, 2 and 3" during my swing to help even it out.

Working on setting up a lesson with my instructor to help work out the kinks. A lot of work to do before the Kickoff Classic next month.

Are you able to take full swings in the basement? Don't think I could do more than a 3/4 with the low ceilings in mine. I really need to set mine up, but the kids bounce house takes precedent...not fair, I need play time too :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I can with an iron if I move some stuff around. Woods get a little dicey. I usually stick to 9-3 and foam balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the range with my 4 yr old daughter. She hit a bucket and I hit two! It was nice to swing a club for the first time in a couple weeks. I plan on getting my first lesson of the year next month, so I need to get some practice in so I have a baseline swing that I'm conscious of so I know from where I'm starting.

So I am stuck in the Minneapolis airport for a few hours. I decided to stop by the PGA lounge and get a lesson. My swing looked pretty solid but I am spraying the driver which was an issue all last year. I got some great pointers that brought me back to some things Panda taught me a few years ago. Really seemed to straighten things out. Always nice to have someone else take a look at your swing.

Had a lesson Friday and my swing is great from setup to top of the back swing, impact sucks as I'm lofting my 7 into a 8.5/9 iron which is launching the ball ridiculously and killing my distance(but it's consistent ?) so we worked on drills 1ft drill and feet together I was launching the ball on the number this way, going back to full swing my LA was better but still too high.

At work tonight I worked on the drills but just wasn't feeling what I need to in the swing to bring LA down. I went to the impact drill basically taking the club to the top and then slowly taking the club to impact holding for 5sec then releasing to finish. During the impact drill something clicked that Panda has said to me and others in the past feel like your dragging your left hand knuckles across the turf this got my hands back in front of the ball at impact and even hitting into my net I could see the ball was impacting it quite a bit lower.

More work tomorrow and I wish I could see the numbers right now.

just been working on my putting stroke inside since snowpocalypse has been such a blessing. Hopefully, a range will be open soon. Probably just as well it hasn't been, because all the shoveling I've had to do the last 3 days has made the back tight to say the least! Massage & chiro apt hopefully this week...

Hit foam balls upstairs in the gym this morning. Worked on my temp and was really hitting the ball good. Good enough that it hit the top of the wall 20 feet away and would roll back straight to me. So at the least I think I was hitting them straight :banana:

With all this snow and rain as of late, I'm stuck working on my putting in the man cave. 8 foot, straight putts should be no problem now!

Still in basement practice mode. Rolling putts on the mat and doing some swing drills for takeaway and tempo.

Still try to hit GS once a week over lunch to try to put the swing together and swing the latest demo offerings. Winter win-win.

I got to keep my hands in front of the ball at impact.

150 balls last night 15warm up then 5 one foot drills, 5 feet knees together, 5 full swings for 8 sets then 15 full swings to finish.

I'm starting to get this change down.

Hit the golf dome last night for some practice. My iron game seems to be on with the changes I've made. Great strikes, ball flight, sound and feel even with my 4 iron.

My long game is a whole different story. It doesn't feel or look right. I'm either hitting a duck hook, hitting my 4 wood fat, or skying the ball off the top of the face of my driver as far as it can get. I did have some minor success by choking up on these clubs, but I shouldn't have to do that. I'm going to grab some video of this nonsense this weekend and send it off to Freddie. Very frustrating.

Depending on how the back feels, plan on hitting Arundel driving range tonight. ( They are open even with all he snow ) May just work on short wedges and distance control type shots - all the snow shoveling has zapped the back a bit. Probably work with Smalls ( my son ) on his game a bit. Been putting at the house - be nice to sooner or later putt on a real green though!

Hit the range at lunch for about an hour. I really got into an awesome groove today. Everything felt effortless and I was seeing perfect carry distances out of my irons. I skip around from club to club quite a bit so I dont get to comfortable with any one club and to help simulate playing an actual round. Driver was long and straight as well. Just a great hour of ball striking. Really hoping to take this to the course.

I've been working on my downswing this Winter. Just a few minor tweaks that will hopefully equal more consistent results on the course. It's what I've known for a while, but didn't have the time to work on correcting, so far, so good.

Working on getting my hands in front of the ball at impact, generating speed thru lag, and keeping the ball direction where I want it to go.
Not as easy as it sounds.
I also had a really good chipping/short game lesson last week, opened my eyes to what I have been ignoring. I am now getting nice contact, just need to work on ball distance control and figure out the roll out.

Hit irons well today, but couldn't hit my driver worth a damn. Last session it was the other way around. WTF? I still can't hit a hybrid.

Got in a bunch of swings today in the upstairs gym hitting foam balls.

Rolled the rock today on the putting green at the range. Rolled the #9 well

Went to the range last night, only to see them be closed at 5 when they are normally open until 8. That was a little frustrating. My back is still tweaked from all the snow shoveling I have done the last 4 days, so it may have been for the best. I will work on the putting stroke tonight...

Tried out the indoor range yesterday due to the high winds we have been having and I doubt I will be going back there if I am honest - the balls were terrible and the mats were ridiculously hard and I had sore wrists after hitting a basket of balls

Tried to work on strike as it is only about 40yds long before it hits the nets so you can't get a proper idea of the flight. You could work on short game as there is a green with 5 flags on you can aim at so I spent a fair bit of time chipping

Had a few bad shots but this was my 8i after the session which I felt wasn't too bad considering it was only the second time I have hit balls this year

20160129_120016_zpstjquhutu.jpg

Hoping to hit my home course range on Sunday for another session if the weather allows

Going to get a good range session in today with SparksJr. I have a set of irons that are not agreeing with me, with pretty much everything being a huge push .I took those irons yesterday to the local golf shop to have the loft and lies checked , he says everything was fine with the clubs ,It's the swinger. I agree and will be in love with these irons again after today's range time. Plus SparksJr. has a new King Cobra LTD he will be flying the back of the range with , that will be fun to watch.

The agenda?

Coil and the bump. I've lost both entirely and am getting by on scrambling my ass off lately. My whole swing is one motion and there's no differentiating between the backswing and downswing.

I think its time so suck it up and pony up the $$$ for a good teaching pro in Tulsa.

The agenda?

Coil and the bump. I've lost both entirely and am getting by on scrambling my ass off lately. My whole swing is one motion and there's no differentiating between the backswing and downswing.

I think its time so suck it up and pony up the $$$ for a good teaching pro in Tulsa.

you mean there's no pause at the top before the change in direction? that's a big issue with me too, but mine is because of lack of strength more than anything else.

The agenda?

I know want you are going thru. The same issues I have been battling since sep/oct last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back