Cleveland TFI 2135 Putter Preview

If you don't mind mid mallets, the 6.5 might work. That's not a plumbers neck.

I've been really enjoying the center shafted putter now that I'm used to it, but keep wanting to put the 8.0 back in the bag because of the initial alignment. Burned so many edges the other day.

I just need them to come out with a flow neck or a heal shafted version. Honestly I liked your #8 because it's wider. I could probably get down with that if I played it at a normal length. The 1.0 still is in the running to be my putter for 2016 because I firmly believe and trust in the alignment.

I just need them to come out with a flow neck or a heal shafted version. Honestly I liked your #8 because it's wider. I could probably get down with that if I played it at a normal length. The 1.0 still is in the running to be my putter for 2016 because I firmly believe and trust in the alignment.
Its time for you to return to the heel shafted putter.

Its time for you to return to the heel shafted putter.

there is a particular putter that I am eyeing for when it releases.

I'm really hoping for a flow neck model also. I really like my 1.0 but I'm beginning to learn I don't get along with a plumbers neck well.

I need to stop poking my head in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to stop poking my head in this thread.

Negative. You need to go buy the putter:bashful:

Listen, this is one of those golf products that is truly underrated, while being a fantastic value. My 8.0 at 35" has given me the confidence to forget about everything except just swinging the putter. It truly has made a putter become my favorite club in my bag instead of the most feared club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My First Thoughts

My First Thoughts

Im really borderline addicted to the alignment. It takes so much guess work out of it. If it had a bad feel or sound or look, I could get over it, but this line has none of those things. Im thinking for the first of the year, I dive right in.

Borderline addicted - I'm thinking of joining one of those those 12 step programs and I don't like going to meetings.

Putter alignment has always been a struggle for me - big time. I've picked up a few putters after the golf season closed here and I'll pass along a few of my early findings. Please note that these are all based on an 8' putting mat and the real test will be getting the putters out on the practice green and ultimately on the golf course.

SeeMore Giant - 36.5" Counterbalanced with a SuperStroke 1.3 Grip
My first ever SeeMore putter. I put this putter into the lineup because of the great reviews that SeeMore and more specifically the Giant has received. Thought that I would benefit from their RST (RifleScope Technology). Several of the putters I'm evaluating are counterbalanced but this particular putter (to me) just doesn't feel as well balanced as some of the others below, counterbalanced or not. With respect to aim, it's not too bad, but IMO some of the others below are so much better. The sound and feel of the ball off the putter face is OK at best but nothing special. Will still try some different grips to see if that will improve things, but that will not improve the putter alignment issue.

Cure RX3F-2015
Love this putter. The good thing about putter is that the weighting and lie angles are easily adjustable. I started with all of the weights from the standard kit installed. I slowly backed off the weights until I feels right and I ended up with all of the optional weights removed. The original grip was good but I'm still playing with this. I presently have a Natural Golf grip on in right now which I like better now. Still going to try some other grips. I've ordered but still have not received a 35" straight shaft for this putter. I will give it a go and see how it compares to the bent shaft. Overall I am very impressed with this putter. IMO the putter alignment is good, but not as good as some of the others to follow. Great feel to this putter.

I'm fine with its unique sound, but others have commented that they don't care for it. If something works for me I typically don't care too much about the sound. Heck I game Ping Gmax irons and many dislike the sound of these irons. Personally I love the sound of the Gmax irons, music to my ears, especially when I hit them pure.

Cleveland Golf TFi Halo Smart Square - 35" Counterbalanced
I've tried several different grips on this putter but the standard 15" Lamkin grip that comes with the putter works and feels the best to me in my hand. This is a heavy putter but the counterbalance weighting just works, superb balance and it does not feel heavy when putting. As much as I struggle with putter alignment, the Smart Square alignment graphics are simply outstanding. It's totally different than the 2135 alignment system but equally effective if I take just a little more time aiming. IMO the sound and feel on this putter is second to none.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 8.0 - 35" Counterbalanced
As previously mentioned above I love the standard grip on the TFi putters. It has all of the same great characteristics (sound, feel, swing weight) as the TFi Halo. The magic to this putter is the 2135 alignment system, it just oozes confidence knowing that putter face is aimed correctly to the target, even when your eyes are not 100% correctly over the putter head. This is one serious putter and should be on everyones short list.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 6.5
Based on my testing with the TFi Halo and the TFi 2135 8.0 I ordered this putter, and delivery is expected in the next day or two. Since I haven't used this putter I cannot add any personal comments. Thought that I would give it a try because to do like mallet putters. Just wanted a mallet putter with the 2135 alignment system. I'll post some personal comments once I've spent a few days with it.

Have to get these putters on to the practice greens to see how they really preform. I'm anxious to see how they compare when lag putting. A final note before closing. The Cleveland putters have to be one of the best bargains in golf. They should be charging more for these fine putters.

Stopped at the TGW today on the way home. Finally got to swing this putter, felt really good. Patiently waiting for mine to arrive this week.

Stopped at the TGW today on the way home. Finally got to swing this putter, felt really good. Patiently waiting for mine to arrive this week.
Very cool. What model did you go with?

Did you guys catch that stat that David Toms went from 131 to 11 in strokes gained putting this year so far with the 2135. Crazy.

Did you guys catch that stat that David Toms went from 131 to 11 in strokes gained putting this year so far with the 2135. Crazy.

Says a lot about this alignment method and how well this putter does.

A stat like that is almost too hard to believe. I'm a huge fan of Cleveland's 2135 and Smart Square putter alignments. I feel so confidant looking over the ball ready to pull the trigger, knowing that you putter is PROPERLY aligned to the target. Confidence, especially in putting, is a game changer.

I'm about to take the plunge without trying this before I buy. Is it worth the hype it's generating?

I'm about to take the plunge without trying this before I buy. Is it worth the hype it's generating?

IMO it's not hype. It just works. Which one are you considering?

8.0 cb

8.0 cb

I have the 8.0 cb also - good choice. It's also one of my all-time favorite putter grips. Definitely give the original grip a try before replacing it with another. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you keep that grip on. Cheers.

I made 3 birdies and 2 outside 10 feet par saves with it yesterday if that does anything for ya? :D

I need to find me a 6.5 in the future.

I need to find me a 6.5 in the future.

I have the 6.5 also. However, my preference would be the CB 8.0. The 6.5 has the 11" and slightly thiner grip vs. the 15" CB grip. That said the 6.5 works as advertised.

I have the 6.5 also. However, my preference would be the CB 8.0. The 6.5 has the 11" and slightly thiner grip vs. the 15" CB grip. That said the 6.5 works as advertised.

I have the 1.0 that I reviewed. I'm just enamored with the alignment aide. Just need to get away from the plumbers neck.

I have rolled the 6.5 and while I find the concept behind the raised sightline interesting, I question whether it is really that groundbreaking. Wouldn't most putters that have a higher sightline than low on the rear flange already be accomplishing the same thing as these putters? For instance, the sightline on my Ping Ketsch is certainly higher as is say the sightline on a Callaway #7 and countless other putters. Not trashing the concept here, I'm just genuinely curious.

My guess: if the raised site line is close to 2135 the effect of having your eyes inside/outside the lines would still be there but would be minimized.

It's so inexpensive as far as putters go that you can't go wrong. Even if you hate it you can sell it in a second. I have struggled with a putter for a long time, the 8.0 from the first day gave me so much confidence that I now look forward to putting. It's as simple as that.

Back