The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered for a long time why the NFL hasn't gone to younger more athletic refs. How can those old dudes keep up? It just seems to make sense to have guys that are a little athletic running with these world class athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the NFL has very strict rules on who can be a referee. THey are constantly working at ways to improve upon this, but I would hardly call someone like Ed Hochuli unathletic.

Because the NFL has very strict rules on who can be a referee. THey are constantly working at ways to improve upon this, but I would hardly call someone like Ed Hochuli unathletic.

And I'd never call him that to his face. GUNS!!!

How about last nights game between the colts and packers as a super bowl preview.

How about last nights game between the colts and packers as a super bowl preview.

No chance. Not in my opinion anyway. No defense on either side.

And more on mr.guns. Ed is def not the norm when it comes to the refs. More the exception.

LSU vs. South carolina REF brings the pain lol

High school game at old cowboys stadium. Player intentionally runs over ref

As much as I hate to say I think the Packers have a real good shot. Their defense may not shut people down but I think when they play well they can be tough. They have a lot of playmakers on that side of the ball. Again not a shut down D but I think good enough. The Saints D wasn't a shut down D but they played well when needed. The Packers offense is just scary. They can carry the team if need be this year.

I'm not sure about Indy. I just know never to doubt Peyton Manning. He cheats (hahaha I kid) but he is an elite QB who can carry a team.

Im thinking Ravens/Jets out of the AFC and Packers out of the NFC. Lol we will see how wrong I am soon!

Opening week NFL Betting lines have been released here in vegas.
Thought people would be interested in this:
Vikings
Saints -4

Panthers
Giants -7

Dolphins -3
Bills

Falcons -2.5
Steelers

Lions
Bears -7

Bengals
Patriots -5.5

Browns
Buccaneers -3

Broncos
Jags -2

Colts -3
Texans

Raiders
titans -6.5

Packers -1.5
Eagles

49ers -3
Seahawks

Cardinals -3.5
Rams

Cowboys -3.5
Redskins

ravens
Jets -3

Chargers -5.5
Chiefs

Packers, Niners, Cowboys, & Chargers All Day.
That Cardinal's line is probably out of date now that Derek Anderson is the starter and Bradford looked good yesterday. I Put this up cuz last year people were interested in knowin the betting lines.
ps Don't send me a PM, I wont make bets for you.
PS Ed "Guns" Hochuli is what every ref should look life. Unfortunetly some are shaped more like Don Zimmer.

I missed it in the Texas HS game. Where did he run over the ref?

I missed it in the Texas HS game. Where did he run over the ref?

The video not work for you? The guy playing safety makes a b line for the Umpire right behinde the line backers on the far side and levels him. It was Euless trinity player (black jerseys)

The video not work for you? The guy playing safety makes a b line for the Umpire right behinde the line backers on the far side and levels him. It was Euless trinity player (black jerseys)

Oh I was watching the RB and waiting for him to level the back judge lol

Oh I was watching the RB and waiting for him to level the back judge lol

No the trinity player nails the umpire, it shows a replay of it after the first one goes through to but the safety that hit him got "disciplned" and had to write a letter to the guy he hit.

edit: my bad He was an outside linebacker then slowly backs up before the play to a safety spot and kind of moves in the middle and takes off after him and he should have been the one that made the tackle on the play to but he was lighting up the ref instead lol

Ok guys, lets keep it about the NFL. Thanks.

So at the start of the second half of the Saints / Chargers, the Saints get called for a penalty because the back judge wasnt ready yet. They need to change this right now. Its already affecting games.

I'll predict that the Jets will severely disappoint this year. People forget how much trouble they were having last regular season before they limped into the playoffs.

Im not buying the Jets either.

Im not buying the Jets either.

Me neither. They will win games in that division, but Dirty Sanchize is just not what people are thinking he is yet.

Me neither. They will win games in that division, but Dirty Sanchize is just not what people are thinking he is yet.

Just like last year. But I think he might be good and might even be good this year but not THAT good.

Just like last year. But I think he might be good and might even be good this year but not THAT good.

I think he will be just fine. Just not yet. And not with this WR core with him.

I think he will be just fine. Just not yet. And not with this WR core with him.

I think so too.I hear that theyre actually really happy with Holmes in NY and Edwards not so much.

Maybe they could just sign a few more cheerleaders since that seemed to be a priority this year.

-JP

So where are the Panther fans??? TC? One-T? My Giants are favored by 7, care to make a little wager?

I think so too.I hear that theyre actually really happy with Holmes in NY and Edwards not so much.
Holmes is lightyears better than Edwards.

Holmes is lightyears better than Edwards.

Holmes is an excellent receiver; great moves and great hands.

The question is will he flake out at some point in the future? The flakiness is why Pitt. traded him (or so they say), but there must have been some significant issues with him for Pitt. to let him go at such a wholesale price.

If he can keep his "issues" under control, he'll be a great asset.

-JP

Holmes is an excellent receiver; great moves and great hands.

The question is will he flake out at some point in the future? The flakiness is why Pitt. traded him (or so they say), but there must have been some significant issues with him for Pitt. to let him go at such a wholesale price.

If he can keep his "issues" under control, he'll be a great asset.

-JP
I think Pittsburgh only got rid of him because they were sick of his off-field troubles.

I think Pittsburgh only got rid of him because they were sick of his off-field troubles.

Either that or they just didn't want to have two "stars" serving 4-game suspensions to start their seasons.

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back