The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Here's the thread where we can discuss all things NFL related for the 2010 season.

Just wanted to start it off by talking about 2 big deals that just went down...

1) LT signs 2 year deal with the Jets.
2) Brady Quinn gets traded to Denver for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round 2011 pick and a conditional 2012 pick.

Just wanted to start it off by talking about 2 big deals that just went down...

1) LT signs 2 year deal with the Jets.
2) Brady Quinn gets traded to Denver for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round 2011 pick and a conditional 2012 pick.

i can't believe Cleveland trades Quinn to bring in Delhomme. it made me want to laugh. i truly feel sorry for Browns fans. I know they're cleaning house and freeing up tons of money but who's gonna QB this franchise?

i can't believe Cleveland trades Quinn to bring in Delhomme. it made me want to laugh. i truly feel sorry for Browns fans. I know they're cleaning house and freeing up tons of money but who's gonna QB this franchise?

They might have just tipped their hand on who they might draft. If not this year then next. Can you say "with the first pick of the 2011 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Matt Barkley, quarterback, USC"?

They might have just tipped their hand on who they might draft. If not this year then next. Can you say "with the first pick of the 2011 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Matt Barkley, quarterback, USC"?

like i said, i feel bad for browns' fans. that's a horrible way to go into a season. although, the panthers could implement the same formula, i like matt barkley.

like i said, i feel bad for browns' fans. that's a horrible way to go into a season. although, the panthers could implement the same formula, i like matt barkley.

I just hope they didn't or don't trade that pick away. You know there are rumors that have John Fox going to Cleveland next year if things don't pan out for Mangini. What are your thoughts on that?

I just hope they didn't or don't trade that pick away. You know there are rumors that have John Fox going to Cleveland next year if things don't pan out for Mangini. What are your thoughts on that?

hmm, old foxy's been known to trade his draft pics for next year, hence no first rounder this year. draft day will certainly be interesting for panthers' fans, b/c honestly, you don't know what he's got up his sleeve.

I don't think Matt Moore is going to do so bad. He still doesn't have the moxie Delhomme had 3 years ago but that comes with playing experience. It also doesn't hurt that they could pick up some weapons that the man can throw to other than Steve Smith.

I don't think Matt Moore is going to do so bad. He still doesn't have the moxie Delhomme had 3 years ago but that comes with playing experience. It also doesn't hurt that they could pick up some weapons that the man can throw to other than Steve Smith.

i actually think that what moore went through at the end of last season will be invaluable for him this year. is he a franchise qb? no. can he get the job done? yep. he actually was fantastic at sharing the ball but you're right, they need another receiver, and i'd love to see them select gillyard in round 2 but i have no clue what they'll do.

TC, I would love to pick their brain on what running back to select since they seem to have a good track record at that (you could even throw the fullback class in there as well).

spank, if you'll look back over the past 3-4 years, john fox knows how to draft. most of his picks are solid and have panned out (except maybe dwayne jarrett) but he gives up too much for them. the man will off a first or second rounder in a heartbeat just to move up to the early part of round two, i just don't get that. but for the most part, he drafts well.

Jets trade for Cromartie from the Chargers to pair with Revis Island. How are you going to throw on them? :confused2: Also signed LT who will be much better behind that O Line than in SD. J E T S Jets jets jets!

The San Diego Jets! Keep in mind that the Chargers gave up a few yards in the air last year. If the team was that great they would have won....hehe

I like the signings, but still dont think they can compete with the elite class of the AFC...YET. They are making a run to win it this year though. We will see how Sanchize holds up. After a quick start, he looked more like a rookie QB than a franchise. Time will tell though.

thanks is right, that o-line in ny is strong. l.t. could be huge for the jets. sanchize looked pretty decent in the playoffs and he'll be all the better for it this year. as long as they beat the pats i'm good. i also think the dolphins might be better than people think this year, picking up dansby was a great move and will keep offenses from focusing so much on porter. it'll be interesting to see what they do in the draft.

The San Diego Jets! Keep in mind that the Chargers gave up a few yards in the air last year. If the team was that great they would have won....hehe

I like the signings, but still dont think they can compete with the elite class of the AFC...YET. They are making a run to win it this year though. We will see how Sanchize holds up. After a quick start, he looked more like a rookie QB than a franchise. Time will tell though.

True but I think that was because they had 0 pass rush last year too

The Jets still need a S, a pass rushing DE, and a WR that can stretch the field. You're right in that they can't fully compete with the elite AFC teams but they're on their way I think

Wait Buttery Braylon Edwards isnt that receiver? Greasy hands and all? hehe

Can the Jets please sign Brandon Marshall already? I hate to see the guy leave but I don't think I can stand another dramatic offseason in the Rockies. The guy's a beast and if the Jets treat him well, he will produce big numbers. Just keep him out of the NYC clubs though. :D

Can the Jets please sign Brandon Marshall already? I hate to see the guy leave but I don't think I can stand another dramatic offseason in the Rockies. The guy's a beast and if the Jets treat him well, he will produce big numbers. Just keep him out of the NYC clubs though. :D

I'd be good with them trading their #1 (low pick) for him....push their chips all in and say 'screw it'

Wait Buttery Braylon Edwards isnt that receiver? Greasy hands and all? hehe

Um, no :banghead:

I'd be good with them trading their #1 (low pick) for him....push their chips all in and say 'screw it'

Honestly, it would be a good move for the Jets. I don't think you can draft anyone at #29 with that kind of talent. Also, at least they know what they're getting... the good, the bad, and the ugly. Hey, whatever wins games right?

Honestly, it would be a good move for the Jets. I don't think you can draft anyone at #29 with that kind of talent. Also, at least they know what they're getting... the good, the bad, and the ugly. Hey, whatever wins games right?

Agreed...and don't laugh...TO is still out there as a FA

We can't really know that though. Wasnt he drafted at like 120 or so? Heck many great WR's are drafted later.

As a Chiefs fan I am glad that SD is getting rid of the talent. I 'd like to see Brandon roll out of the AFC West too. Thanks to the Browns for sending Scrub Quinn to our conference too. Now if we can get some more FA talent( I like Mr. Jones) and have a solid draft......

As a Chiefs fan I am glad that SD is getting rid of the talent. I 'd like to see Brandon roll out of the AFC West too. Thanks to the Browns for sending Scrub Quinn to our conference too. Now if we can get some more FA talent( I like Mr. Jones) and have a solid draft......

yeah, the chiefs are in a fantastic position in the draft. i see them trading down and picking up some more quality picks.

We can't really know that though. Wasnt he drafted at like 120 or so? Heck many great WR's are drafted later.

That's the thing though is that with the draft there are no sure things. At least the Jets will know what they get if they give the Broncos #29 for Marshall.

I know Cleveland didnt get much for the Mighty Quinn but "rumor" was he would be cut soon anyways and the fullback is acutally a running back who is was in McDaniels doghouse but is suppose to be pretty good and the Browns are thin at RB. The picks are low but you never know with Holgrem. Theres also some "buzz" that Chuckie will end up in Cleveland next season.Was shocked to see LT pick the Jets over Vikes. both play on turf but not sure he can hold up in the weather late in the year in NY and you would think the Vikes have the better chance to go to the Superbowl if Prima Donna Favre comes back again. Matt Moore went 4-1 down the stretch and gained vaulable experience. talk about hitting the lottery Jake Delhome gets $12 mil from Carolwhina and $7 mil from Cleveland!

sure hope the "rumors" are true that St. Louis goes Bradford and Detriot goes Okung! then my lowly Bucs get their pick tween Suh and McCoy! ah one can only dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back