Worst weather you have played in?

I'm going to take this in a slightly different direction because I live in California and if the weather is real bad I just wait a day and it's different.

The worst weather I've ever played was in Parker, Arizona at a course called Emerald Canyon. It was Labor Day Weekend and it was 124 degrees outside. At that time of year the humidity is also pretty stout for AZ standards. The course provided three water bottles and instructions to drink one every hole. Every three holes was a filling station. Even with icy damp towels draped over us it was the hottest I've ever been. I drank eighteen -16 oz bottles of water and never peed once. Fun round!

It was probably about 3 years ago and I was playing in a society day where it never stopped pouring down with rain

As I was driving to the course I was asking myself why I would want to play in this weather but when I got there the rain actually eased off for a bit so we teed off and were just walking up the 1st fairway and it started pouring again. To this day I still don't know why the course was open as the 1st (and a number of others) green was more like a lake and a number of the fairways had so much standing water on them that if you hit the fairway you probably couldn't get to your ball it was that bad

I've played in sub 30 temps with hail coming down on us. It was a high school tournament and no one was prepared for it

This summer at my home course. Was raining that morning. Clubhouse is full of guys waiting to go. Forecast calls for a break in the weather. Looked to be a break in the weather, at least the rain had slowed, so in an effort to get out in front of the crowd we head out while it's still raining. The break didn't come until the 16th hole and the weather seemed to worsen while we were playing. Sideways rain, wind. Just miserable. Pretty funny looking back on but it wasn't at the time.

Played a round at Compass Pointe 4 or 5 years ago. Was 36' and a mist when we started, quarter way through the round it became showers, temp stayed around 38, and wind picked up to 15mph. I had a family get together right after the round - I looked like a frozen, drowned rat - wife called me crazy. I'd have to agree. I've played in colder temps, more wind, and probably harder rains, but never a combination like that.

I'm going to take this in a slightly different direction because I live in California and if the weather is real bad I just wait a day and it's different.

The worst weather I've ever played was in Parker, Arizona at a course called Emerald Canyon. It was Labor Day Weekend and it was 124 degrees outside. At that time of year the humidity is also pretty stout for AZ standards. The course provided three water bottles and instructions to drink one every hole. Every three holes was a filling station. Even with icy damp towels draped over us it was the hottest I've ever been. I drank eighteen -16 oz bottles of water and never peed once. Fun round!
I play in any weather but I might have found conditions I would pass in.

less than 30* with snow/sleet/rain mix and 25 mph winds. Yep it wasn't fun.

Worst weather?

Thunderstorms, lightening, wind, and rain. I was an idiot, I finished 18 holes, my playing partner walked in after 15.
Lightening was flashing all over the place, and there I was, with my steel shafts and umbrella.

When I was stationed in Hawaii I played a few rounds where I ended up getting caught in some ridiculous thunderstorms. I'm talking crazy wind, sideways rain and plenty of thunder and lightening. The storms always ended my rounds since I don't like playing in soaking wet clothes. Aside from that, I avoid playing if it's going to be extremely cold or windy. Those conditions make it hard for me to enjoy a round.

3 days in Ocean City at the end of last March. Rained HARD for 2 1/2 days and wasn't over 50 (and was low 40s most of the time). I felt like a Popsicle when it was over.

Tobiano, with Skibumholfer and Scrap iron last year. After nine holes I think we were the only group left standing,no cart girl to be seen. Heavy rain and wind gusts of 30mph+. It was an amazing course and a great bunch to spend the round with. A memory I will always look back on and smile.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've played when it was 35 degrees with 35mph wind, and another time when it was 34 and raining. If I've paid and they're open, I'm playing.

Played in the low 40s with 20-25 mph wind and frozen water hazards. Not much fun.

Worst was a hungover round in Palm Springs. We overindulged the night before and had a tee time at 11:00 AM thanks to my genius friend who apparently doesn't understand that it's HOT in the desert in the middle of the day.

It was 117 degrees with almost no humidity when we tee'd off. Having lived in both the desert and the Midwest I can say that I'll take the humidity over the dry heat. At 117 and dry as a bone it's impossible to cool off... sweat just evaporates and dehydration comes quickly. Especially if last night included tequila.

Worst rain...about 8 years ago playing with my brother in Myrtle Beach on the Man ' O War course. By the 12th hole, the rain was coming down so hard that we couldn't see more than 100 yards. We were soaked to the skin and it was still warm so we kept playing. We were the only ones on the course, that we could see....

Cold....the coldest I played in was about 12 years ago with some co-workers. It was 30 degrees in Lewiston Idaho. There was no snow on the ground and the ponds were frozen over, so we drove across a couple of them, bouncing on the ice almost driving the greens. The 10 mph wind made it very very cold.

Wind.... While playing my local course in Liberty Lake a couple of years ago, we had a wind storm blow through that brought 40 mph winds. A few trees blew over while we were on the course. It made for a very interesting round. We skipped the rules about the wind blowing the ball on the green and just replaced it as close as we could if it moved when trying to putt. (no I didn't turn in that round for my ghin)

Below 30° air temperature, and above 30 mph winds.

Still powered through 18 holes, because I'm an idiot.

Below 30° air temperature, and above 30 mph winds.

Still powered through 18 holes, because I'm an idiot.

I played in the exact same conditions the other weekend and I was the only person playing the entire day and was quite frankly surprised the course was open. Toughest conditions I've played in.

Many many moons ago playing in high school state finals about half way through the final round tornado sirens go off sky turns instantly black with rain so hard you could barley see 10 yards. Play restarted after about an hour and the hardest part was finding a lie that didn't produce casual water.

I played in conditions not much better than Torrey Pines in Charleston during a tropical storm... I learned how to hit a knock down really quickly that day, lol.

32 and steady rain. Had to do it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A buddy and I played about 15 years ago when it was less than 20* with a 15mph north wind.....not sure why, but we did

2 or 3 months ago played Salt Creek here in 20mph winds with gusts up to 35, cold in the 40s.

Yeah, not impressive but I do live in San Diego. :D

You are not allowed to complain about bad weather! You live in SD.... where there is bad weather only once a year!! :act-up:

Back