What is the most important piece of equipment in your bag?

My 7 Iron is my go to club

I would say putter...I have played multiple irons, wedges, fairway woods and drivers and have been able to adapt. There really is only one style of putter I can get along with and when I am scoring well its 95% because of my putting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
this is exactly me

For me its driver, as I need all the help I can get

I will say my lunch/water bottle. if i dont have food and hydration it doesnt matter what clubs im gaming on the back 9 its going to be ruff.

Probably putter as it can make up for a lot of shortcomings elsewhere.

I'm torn between driver and putter.

Putter is definitely most important in the "needs improvement" category. Driver is most important in the "if it's going well it's a big advantage" category.

Most nights in league golf I've found that if I'm driving the ball well I tend to easily win my matches. I sure wish I made more putts though.

Gotta be the putter for me. It's becoming my favorite wedge as well.

That's a tough one. I can see validity to the driver, wedges and putter. I'd lean towards wedges or putter though, as I don't NEED a driver to have a good round. I could always take a 3 metal or hybrid off the tee and probably be more accurate from time to time. So, that leaves wedges or putter. Hum, I guess I'd have to say putter. You take the most shots with it in a round that any other club. When it's on, you're sinking putts and having more fun.

Gotta be the putter for me. It's becoming my favorite wedge as well.
Oh hell no lol

For me it's driver. Getting off the tee well breeds confidence in the rest of my game as well as take stress off of it

I agree with you buddy. Wedges

Oh hell no lol

For me it's driver. Getting off the tee well breeds confidence in the rest of my game as well as take stress off of it

I would normally say driver, but I sprayed it around a little too much yesterday, so she's in timeout. I'm sure it'll go back to wedges when I complete my MD3 collection.

6i for me, it turned out to be the most used for recovery from <cough> other fairway <cough>

Putter for me. It's kept me in some friendly matches when I haven't been striking the ball very well.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but for me it's the fairway wood--and specifically the Heavenwood. I can use it off the tee when I need to, it's go time from 230-ish on a par 5, and I don't hesitate playing it from a bit of trouble either. It's the most consistent club in my bag and I wish I leaned on it even more than I do.

It my SeeMore m6 putter. Draining putts saves strokes.

I'm gonna say irons here, they cover such a range of distances and need to be versatile at the same time whether it's flighting a ball or trying to work it around something. And I use irons around the greens a lot if the shot calls for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My strong 3 wood which will soon be a Callaway Mini 1.5. My tee ball is the strength of my game and the majority of my tee shots are with my 3 wood. It allows me to find a spot in the fairway 260 yards from the tee 80% of the time. It sets up everything else. I'm hoping that putter will become a strength this year but I've been hoping for that since about 1990.

I will say driver but that also includes my mini driver.

Getting off the tee is absolutely crucial for me to have success on the course.

Driver...I'm the most mental with my driver and having one I am confident with is huge for me.

I'm going with Driver...Just seems like when the Driver is on point everything else usually follows suit for me.

For me its driver

The driver. I need to get off the tee well to play well.

For me its driver, as I need all the help I can get

Driver for me too.

I know that the short game is very important, and where you can save a lot of shots. But if you lose a lot of shots because you can't get off the tee well (OB or having to chip out to somewhere playable), you're not going to score good anyway. Getting on the green in par isn't going to get you any birdies.

Wedges for me... I need to be close to the flag to make putts.

Driver for me too.

I know that the short game is very important, and where you can save a lot of shots. But if you lose a lot of shots because you can't get off the tee well (OB or having to chip out to somewhere playable), you're not going to score good anyway. Getting on the green in par isn't going to get you any birdies.

As Hogan said when asked what the three most important clubs were, "Driver, putter, wedge" in that order.

A good drive puts you on offense.

Driver for me. If I can't get off the tee, it's going to be a really long day.

only one choice for me here, my 1415 ben Hogan putter!!!!

Putter for me then wedges

I would say driver. It just feels like when the driver is on, everything else follows.

Back