The Car Shopping Thread

Sounds like that sort of thing makes you happy. We need more happiness in the world. I have just never been into cars AT ALL. My 2000 Accord has 124,500 miles. It is in fantastic condition and the only thing I have ever done to it other than routine maintenance is a sensor for the passenger seat.

I have been thinking I would like to have a truck for the handiness and convenience.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

You might check at a Ford dealership for their Certified Pre-Owned inventory. The rates right now on F-150's is REALLY low through that program, and I'm pretty sure that's the National Program. We're talking about 1.9% for up to 36 months, and 2.9% from 37-66 months with approved credit.

Thanks, it'll be a cash deal with the insurance money though.

They won't move at all price wise, so still looking.

Think I could trick the MVA and import a LA market Ranger with 2.2l diesel, 4wd, longbed, and crew cab? :alien:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You could try. I heard it costs a pretty penny to ship a vehicle over seas though, so it might not be worth it. lol

Yeah, and if I was going to go through the trouble, I would bring in one of these:

643ebc8d9810462405af87c824e9bcee.jpg

You could try. I heard it costs a pretty penny to ship a vehicle over seas though, so it might not be worth it. lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I for some reason want a toyota tacoma right now. not sure where that came from as I'm not a huge fan of trucks.

I for some reason want a toyota tacoma right now. not sure where that came from as I'm not a huge fan of trucks.
Mines amazing.

I love everything about it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mines amazing.

I love everything about it.

I kinda started to dig the smaller sized trucks. Crew cab 4x4 would be what I need. Living in Cleveland I'm over not having 4 or all wheel drive haha.

I kinda started to dig the smaller sized trucks. Crew cab 4x4 would be what I need. Living in Cleveland I'm over not having 4 or all wheel drive haha.
The new smaller trucks are perfect.

Big enough to tote stuff around but not driving a 40 foot long truck trying to find a parking spot

Welcome to my world. Have no issues with my jeep but about a month ago I got the urge to buy a Tacoma or go full size with f150.

So there's any article on Yahoo this morning about the Bronco. The article has two pictures that someone made/imagined what they would want the new Bronco to look like.
Let me start by saying, this is NOT the Bronco, as we're still not 100% sure they are going to make it...but....rather it was supposedly built into the UAW agreement that they might, or something like that.

ANYWAY....these look sweet!
I like the design of the white one the best, I think.

8be568ad2a1080d9a5ee5ffbb35bc24c

361d3c77eaa4bbf2d049dbd44685876d

Here is the actual Ford Bronco concept that was made back in 2004...

f67448eebe9ac2e55ec834cadc537317

Last edited:
The new smaller trucks are perfect.

Big enough to tote stuff around but not driving a 40 foot long truck trying to find a parking spot

Do you have kids and still in car seats by any chance? My son still requires a car seat and will for the next few years and was just wondering about the room in the back seat for him. His seat is pretty big so I want him to have room, but I also don't want to be up on the steering wheel for him to have room.

Do you have kids and still in car seats by any chance? My son still requires a car seat and will for the next few years and was just wondering about the room in the back seat for him. His seat is pretty big so I want him to have room, but I also don't want to be up on the steering wheel for him to have room.
No sir but the cab is huge. I can't say for certain but I don't see it being a problem.

No sir but the cab is huge. I can't say for certain but I don't see it being a problem.

Thanks. I just don't want to be that guy at the dealership swapping a car seat into the test vehicle to see how much room there is or isn't. I also don't want to regret buying a car because there isn't enough room in the back for his seat.

So there's any article on Yahoo this morning about the Bronco. The article has two pictures that someone made/imagined what they would want the new Bronco to look like.
Let me start by saying, this is NOT the Bronco, as we're still not 100% sure they are going to make it...but....rather it was supposedly built into the UAV agreement that they might, or something like that.

ANYWAY....these look sweet!
I like the design of the white one the best, I think.

8be568ad2a1080d9a5ee5ffbb35bc24c

361d3c77eaa4bbf2d049dbd44685876d

Here is the actual Ford Bronco concept that was made back in 2004...

f67448eebe9ac2e55ec834cadc537317

I like them both, I really hope it ends up being a pretty small vehicle, but I fear it will end up being huge.

I like them both, I really hope it ends up being a pretty small vehicle, but I fear it will end up being huge.

My guess is, it will end up being the same size of the Edge. I can't see them making it the size of the Explorer that has three rows of seats.

My guess is, it will end up being the same size of the Edge. I can't see them making it the size of the Explorer that has three rows of seats.

That's no good. I prefer the older bigger Bronco. Ala OJ's Bronco. That's what I always think of when I think of the Bronco.

That's no good. I prefer the older bigger Bronco. Ala OJ's Bronco. That's what I always think of when I think of the Bronco.

I agree, but Ford wants to have what they call a "Global Platform" for all of their vehicles, and there isn't a vehicle that's the true size of the old Bronco in the current model run. The Explorer is the closest, but I think the wheel base for that is to long. The next closest would be Edge. I guess this as, the old Bronco was on a truck platform, so unless they make the new Bronco on the new Ranger platform, the Edge is the only one that makes sense. The reason that makes the most sense is, part of the reason the SUV segment is as good as it is, is because it's no longer on a truck chassis. So, I don't imagine they would put the Bronco back on the "rough riding" truck chassis, but the smoother SUV chassis to appeal to more buyers. Better feeling ride.

I think of the earlier Broncos, off road vehicles. The curb weight on a 90 Bronco was 4400 lbs, with all of the current safety equipment and everything else I'm willing to bet that would get it all the way up to 5000 lbs. That's just too heavy in my eyes.

I'm hoping it's more Jeep Wrangler than Hummer.

I agree, but Ford wants to have what they call a "Global Platform" for all of their vehicles, and there isn't a vehicle that's the true size of the old Bronco in the current model run. The Explorer is the closest, but I think the wheel base for that is to long. The next closest would be Edge. I guess this as, the old Bronco was on a truck platform, so unless they make the new Bronco on the new Ranger platform, the Edge is the only one that makes sense. The reason that makes the most sense is, part of the reason the SUV segment is as good as it is, is because it's no longer on a truck chassis. So, I don't imagine they would put the Bronco back on the "rough riding" truck chassis, but the smoother SUV chassis to appeal to more buyers. Better feeling ride.

If that is at all the case I hope they kill it now. If it's on an Edge chassis I will puke. If they are just making another crossover then they should leave the Bronco name out of it.

Would not blame Ford for doing that. Realistically, it's the smart approach, but at the same time, such a shame.

Thanks for the insight Agent Jay.

I think of the earlier Broncos, off road vehicles. The curb weight on a 90 Bronco was 4400 lbs, with all of the current safety equipment and everything else I'm willing to bet that would get it all the way up to 5000 lbs. That's just too heavy in my eyes.

I'm hoping it's more Jeep Wrangler than Hummer.

Yeah, that would be slightly heavy. That would also cut into the new fuel guidelines they put in place.

If that is at all the case I hope they kill it now. If it's on an Edge chassis I will puke. If they are just making another crossover then they should leave the Bronco name out of it.

My guess is, if they do use the Edge platform, it would still be it's own beast, with suspension upgrades and the such. I'm thinking about how they do this with the Raptor F-150, as it runs down the regular F-150 assembly line.

Would not blame Ford for doing that. Realistically, it's the smart approach, but at the same time, such a shame.

Basically, Ford says they don't want to build a one use, one off vehicle unless there is a reason to do so....see Ford GT.

My guess is, if they do use the Edge platform, it would still be it's own beast, with suspension upgrades and the such. I'm thinking about how they do this with the Raptor F-150, as it runs down the regular F-150 assembly line.

Basically, Ford says they don't want to build a one use, one off vehicle unless there is a reason to do so....see Ford GT.

Makes sense for sure from a sales perspective. Engine lineups change of course, but based on the current lineup, think they would go 2.3 or 2.7?

Back