The Car Shopping Thread

I haven't had a single warranty repair, it is making me a little overly brave.

I am very skeptical of third party warranties. I looked into them a while ago and reviews were all over the place, and cost wasnt that big of a difference.

Shoot me a DM when you're ready with the VIN and miles and I'll shoot you some options/pricing if you want. No obligation or anything, if not just to compare quotes you're getting locally.

To me to make any marketing sense and to bring back the previous demographic that loved the bronco it would have to be based on the F150 chassis. It would be an easy build as it could roll right down the F150 assembly line. Even a Raptor like specialty truck would be a bolt on affair. Niche market is a tough sell these days. Sure the new GT350 and the GT go against that statement but those two are very important to the over all brand.
9044e5732edbe76a00294cc341d6721a.jpg

I would buy this one in a second.

I'll own one when or if they get released. The bigger the better imo

Definitely don't like the 2004 concept as much as these latest Bronco concepts, if it's in the 2020 line it will be on my list of test drives for sure

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Again, the latest ones are just from a guy who's really good, and not from Ford directly.

They were talking about opening up a new plant for the Ranger, and that's not even started to be tooled for the Ranger yet. From what I'm reading/hearing even the Ranger might not be around until 2019 at the earliest. It takes them awhile to set and tool out a plant for production. Good thing is, since the Ranger is already being produced overseas, it won't take long to set up here with the same systems. They say they are going to update and refresh the Ranger for it's US debut. Soooooo, if they use the Ranger platform for the Bronco, my guess is they won't tool out the Bronco for the line until a year after the Ranger gets going strong.

My other concern is, when we have a one off non-Ford concept, that Ford will see this, LIKE IT, but then they won't/can't use it as they refuse to have a guy wanting to take credit for the design. So, we won't see that sweet looking design because Ford might have to pay the guy somehow, to use it or risk being sued.

It will probably end up like Toyota's brilliant idea to bring back the FJ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shoot me a DM when you're ready with the VIN and miles and I'll shoot you some options/pricing if you want. No obligation or anything, if not just to compare quotes you're getting locally.

Again, the latest ones are just from a guy who's really good, and not from Ford directly.

They were talking about opening up a new plant for the Ranger, and that's not even started to be tooled for the Ranger yet. From what I'm reading/hearing even the Ranger might not be around until 2019 at the earliest. It takes them awhile to set and tool out a plant for production. Good thing is, since the Ranger is already being produced overseas, it won't take long to set up here with the same systems. They say they are going to update and refresh the Ranger for it's US debut. Soooooo, if they use the Ranger platform for the Bronco, my guess is they won't tool out the Bronco for the line until a year after the Ranger gets going strong.

My other concern is, when we have a one off non-Ford concept, that Ford will see this, LIKE IT, but then they won't/can't use it as they refuse to have a guy wanting to take credit for the design. So, we won't see that sweet looking design because Ford might have to pay the guy somehow, to use it or risk being sued.
When did they make the decision on a US market Ranger release??? I thought that was buried.

I think the Bronco has a better following/loyalty than the FJ.

I think the Bronco has a better following/loyalty than the FJ.
Probably so, especially with this generation.

I still don't think it will be anything more than a small niche limited production idea though.

I still don't think it will be anything more than a small niche limited production idea though.

I would like to see a limited run, have one to test drive, but order to your specs. No mass production

When did they make the decision on a US market Ranger release??? I thought that was buried.

Sources have said in an article I read back in August of last year, that the Ranger will take over production in the Wayne MI Plant in 2018 for a 2019 model. This is the plant that's currently being used to produce the Focus and C-Max, which are having their production moved to Mexico.

I think that's Ford concern with bringing back the Bronco. Can they take the Bronco out of niche and into the mainstream?

That Bronco is badass.

You could try. I heard it costs a pretty penny to ship a vehicle over seas though, so it might not be worth it. lol

That would be the least of his worries. It's the idiotic emissions controls the govt forces onto Diesel engines that will get him into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That release could of gone sooo much better, although I would still drive one

The X3 is also on my radar...but I remember the conversation we had about BMWs and your suggestion on how long to keep them.... until just before the warranty is up
How about the X4 vs the X3? Love ours and the hwy mpg is low 20s with the 4.4

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

So I was put in the unfortunate situation where I have to buy a used car. One of my companies fleet trucks crapped out today on my project manager. So instead of buying and getting into new car payment I'm thinking of buying a used vehicle cash for myself. Just to beat up and drive for work. I'm going to give my work truck to my project manager and let him drive that for now. We have my wife's car that we can use on the weekends. Need to find something that has good gas mileage and plenty of storage space. Honda element was first thing that popped into my head

Thought I would need a truck being in construction but all the heavy lifting Anne material delivery is either done by supply companies or by my guys with trucks. So don't really need a truck

How about the X4 vs the X3? Love ours and the hwy mpg is low 20s with the 4.4

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I hadn't considered that but I'll check it out when the time comes, thanks! How are it's storage capacities? I've got golf clubs and we have a 100 lb dog and a couple of active kids.

The limited-time A/Z-Plan Conquest PIN program is being extended through April 4! I've been given one additional A/Z PIN (employee pricing) to share with extended family, friends, or neighbors who currently own or lease a competitive vehicle. If you're currently looking for a new Ford or Lincoln vehicle and would like a discount let me know!

Damn... I'm still waiting on the VW crap to go through. Good luck sending that employee pricing PIN out.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So this happened Friday Night.

A big departure from driving the SUV for the past 10 years. But I drove this Thursday night just to explore all options.

It has more driver leg room than any of the SUV's I drove, has an incredibly quiet and smooth ride. Was about 10K less than the SUVs and oh the 28 MPG I've averaged in two days will definitely soften the gas budget.

It's not fancy or won't turn heads. But like every other Toyota I've owned I e pet it to just run for ever.

416c0e426bcf32920ca98769db6dc330.jpg
f9ad75e8834c28b4ec0b4a8911e0d714.jpg

Awesome Rob. I have a 2012 Camry SE and enjoy it.

Awesome Rob. I have a 2012 Camry SE and enjoy it.
It is incredible Mike, my Highlander was 2006, and the amount of things that come standard now on Toyota's (and other makes) is really incredible.

I had 2003 Corolla and 96 Camry before the Highlander. So the Toyota's have been good to me, the only reason I traded the 03 Corolla was I had put 140 K on it in just under 4 years, driving 65 miles each way to work at the time. The Highlander had 199 K on it when it was totaled two weeks ago.

Just got home from purchasing a new Hyundai Sonota. Was given until 3/15 to turn in my company ride so figured I better get something done. Company went to a reimbursement program for personal cars and I milked the company car as long as they would allow. Got a great deal on a new 2016 Sonota Sport so pulled the trigger on the first car I test drove. Also made for a much less painful car shopping experience.

When did trucks get so expensive? Looking at new f150s, I crapped my pants a couple times. Talk about sticker shock.

Why doesn't Toyota offer a 6 way seat in the Tacoma, 2 inches down and I'd look more seriously at them.

When did trucks get so expensive? Looking at new f150s, I crapped my pants a couple times. Talk about sticker shock.

Why doesn't Toyota offer a 6 way seat in the Tacoma, 2 inches down and I'd look more seriously at them.
Pickups are freaking expensive now. Funny how a pickup used to be only associated with lower-class blue collar type areas. Now, $100k pickups are "luxury".

Pickups are freaking expensive now. Funny how a pickup used to be only associated with lower-class blue collar type areas. Now, $100k pickups are "luxury".

I come from an area where people have work trucks and everyday trucks. The everyday truck then turns into the work truck, so you see F150 Limited trucks as beat up work trucks. It's crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I come from an area where people have work trucks and everyday trucks. The everyday truck then turns into the work truck, so you see F150 Limited trucks as beat up work trucks. It's crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That is kind of crazy.

And I was looking at a work truck, regular cab short box, nothing fancy. $34,000...damn

Back