Bridgestone J815 Driver - THP Review

Good Stuff! I have the TD-01 & Td-03. Getting rid of my other putters.

returning from a long term hiatus to comment on how this is easily THE UGLIEST GOLF CLUB EVER MADE. sorry for the outburst. but only a little, because of how much I dislike the way it looks. The J40 was nearly perfect. WTF happened?

returning from a long term hiatus to comment on how this is easily THE UGLIEST GOLF CLUB EVER MADE. sorry for the outburst. but only a little, because of how much I dislike the way it looks. The J40 was nearly perfect. WTF happened?
The J715 looks almost identical to the J40 if you're looking for something along those lines.

can't disagree. after a few swings I got over the looks in a hurry. but the crown graphics made a lot of people pass over what otherwise is a fantastic golf club.

thats what makes golf so good right now. We all have our own tastes and there are so many good options out there for people to choose from and find so,etching they like. I like the graphics as well as how well this driver performed.

I continue to maintain that the appearance of the club becomes almost mute once you swing it a few times.

Does anybody have the weight set for this club to change the weights? I just purchased a set weights but haven't had a chance to play with it. Just wondering your experience with changing weights

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Does anybody have the weight set for this club to change the weights? I just purchased a set weights but haven't had a chance to play with it. Just wondering your experience with changing weights

I have one but never changed it. It had a ball flight I liked as is. What are you hoping to see? Meaning lower/higher, etc.

I am hoping for a slightly lower trajectory. Right now my I am hitting it well. I am on average 8 yards longer than my Nike Covert and about 8% more fairways. But with it being a draw bias club, I tend to miss left. Just wondering how then weights are going to effect it.

I am hoping for a slightly lower trajectory. Right now my I am hitting it well. I am on average 8 yards longer than my Nike Covert and about 8% more fairways. But with it being a draw bias club, I tend to miss left. Just wondering how then weights are going to effect it.

Do you think the draw bias is messing with your head or is it actually causing the miss left? Most of the time its a head thing for us golfers...haha
You could try some simple lead tape to see if that changed it for you.

I continue to maintain that the appearance of the club becomes almost mute once you swing it a few times.

This driver head is the best looking club that I own. It reminds me of the old japanese robots from the Force Five television series (Gaiking, Grandizer, etc) and it just flat out performs!

It's probably part of it. But when I go back to the Covert I am straight or right. Just looking to see if the weights would change anything

It's probably part of it. But when I go back to the Covert I am straight or right. Just looking to see if the weights would change anything

Have you changed the loft? I would think reducing the loft would bring your flight down and would open the face.

This driver is so great. It's so forgiving and really helps me with what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have changed the loft and that has helped. Going to try and shorter tee and move the ball back in my stance a little.

I have changed the loft and that has helped. Going to try and shorter tee and move the ball back in my stance a little.

moving the ball back should accentuate a draw. you'll be catching the ball more from the inside relative to the arc of the swing.

I played around with my setup and now I am hitting the ball straight. Still curious what changing the weights will do even though I have no need to change them

Bridgestone J815 Driver - THP Review

sent my epic to another thp’er to try and needed a driver for today. pulled out my j815, set to a little draw bias and plugged in my thce16 mystery shaft. seriously the best i’ve hit driver maybe all year. so consistent, and so much confidence. i should never take this driver out of my bag. it’s freaking perfect for me.

sent my epic to another thp’er to try and needed a driver for today. pulled out my j815, set to a little draw bias and plugged in my thce16 mystery shaft. seriously the best i’ve hit driver maybe all year. so consistent, and so much confidence. i should take this driver out of my bag. it’s freaking perfect for me.

I remember going to the Bridgestone event at Firestone after party and absolutely hammering this driver, it was almost stupid easy (back when I had a driver swing unlike now)

sent my epic to another thp’er to try and needed a driver for today. pulled out my j815, set to a little draw bias and plugged in my thce16 mystery shaft. seriously the best i’ve hit driver maybe all year. so consistent, and so much confidence. i should never take this driver out of my bag. it’s freaking perfect for me.

..... so you’re saying you don’t need your epic back?

..... so you’re saying you don’t need your epic back?

actually going to text you about that. the answer is no. i don’t want it. we’ll work something out.

actually going to text you about that. the answer is no. i don’t want it. we’ll work something out.

Hmmmm, color me intrigued lol

I remember going to the Bridgestone event at Firestone after party and absolutely hammering this driver, it was almost stupid easy (back when I had a driver swing unlike now)

Still one of my favorite drivers of the last few years, its just a little....homely looking.

i think i’m going to go buy another head as a backup

This driver head is the best looking club that I own. It reminds me of the old japanese robots from the Force Five television series (Gaiking, Grandizer, etc) and it just flat out performs!

I still stand behind this statement!

Back