garethw

Reaction score
Handicap
I only carry 13 clubs at the moment, the top end is as follows: Driver, 3 wood, 4 Hybrid then a 5 iron after my PW I go 50*, 54* and 58*. According to Game golf my average distances are 3 wood is 204, 4H is 181 and 5 Iron is 171. My distances over my last few rounds are increasing throughout the bag but with my 4H I am at the point I rarely use or even think about using the 3 wood, at the moment its more there when my driver is way off the mark. PW to 58* are all gapping really nicely and I dont need any extra at the bottom. All though I was pondering a Cleveland Smart sole S to try and assist with bunkers.

I am not quite sure whether to find a 3 or 5H or Heavenwood although I prefer hybrids off the floor or go Smart sole. I am guessing there would be more versatility adding a longer club?

Replace 3w with a mini driver and add smart sole, both ends covered.

For me it always at the bottom just to give more options in close since the top end of my bag is gapped fairly well.

I only carry 13 clubs at the moment, the top end is as follows: Driver, 3 wood, 4 Hybrid then a 5 iron after my PW I go 50*, 54* and 58*. According to Game golf my average distances are 3 wood is 204, 4H is 181 and 5 Iron is 171. My distances over my last few rounds are increasing throughout the bag but with my 4H I am at the point I rarely use or even think about using the 3 wood, at the moment its more there when my driver is way off the mark. PW to 58* are all gapping really nicely and I dont need any extra at the bottom. All though I was pondering a Cleveland Smart sole S to try and assist with bunkers.

I am not quite sure whether to find a 3 or 5H or Heavenwood although I prefer hybrids off the floor or go Smart sole. I am guessing there would be more versatility adding a longer club?

I'd add another hybrid, but that's be personally. The Heavenwood's are amazing, very easy to elevate and hit off the tee or ground. With that said, if you're not using your 3 wood, and tend to lean towards your hybrid, then I'd stick with adding one of those.

Replace 3w with a mini driver and add smart sole, both ends covered.

Thats the other way I have been thinking. I have a Mini Driver in the spare room.

Thats the other way I have been thinking. I have a Mini Driver in the spare room.

If you don't hit 3w off the deck a BUNCH then replace it with Mini.

I have zero business hitting more than 3h off the deck so have eliminated the option from the bag.

Do you play the same course(s) mainly? Maybe a 5wd or 3h to cover the gap from 3wd to 4h?

how often do you need a190yd shot? Can you back off the 3wd to get it?

I'd fill that gap between 204 yards and 181 yards.

I have zero business hitting more than 3h off the deck so have eliminated the option from the bag.
I should do this. The 4W is good off the tee, but so is the FY and there is not much of a distance gap. Or at least not one that will come into play too often. So I should ditch one and maybe grab another hybrid, a better "safe" option off the tee, or another wedge.

I say keep the 3w and add a 3h to fill that gap. the only other question I would have is whether the gap between pw and 50 is sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you find that you need that 190-195 distance very often? If you can fill that gap between 181-204 with what you have I would say stick with 13 clubs. Otherwise find a 3h or fairway wood to fill the gap. You seem to have the bottom end covered pretty well.

Back