THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Ok new question, Time to lay it out there

Who should us captains pick (in your respective state) and why?

Slice - he obviously slices the ball and will help slice the pie when team michigan is victorious!
BFT - he needs the chance to showcase his talents outside of michigan sim events!
Stribs - i was on the original team michigan that prevailed the 1st time around and would like a repeat opportunity!....is this selfish of me to do?

My picks for Team Ohio:

PhillyV: The guys is just good! Thrives on pressure. Putter is butter. Gauntlet Champ, Mini Golf Champ, and my pick for the #THPCallout vs Cbaker2882!

Canadan: Nuff said....

CBaker2882: Solid wedge game and decent putter. He needs to settle on one putter and work with it but I know that will never happen! :alien:

I will answer this question with the understanding that I am not going to list myself. (I want on the team badly!)
So... Name the 3 guys and Why.....

Stribs- Guy has made strides to rebuild his image, Has a very nice swing, is arguably Michigan's best player. I think the guy could show up, play well, and have a good time doing so.

WzyGuy- I know the guys passion after meeting him one time, following his passion in this thread, seems like a solid guy!

Lions81- Damien is a good guy who seems more than proficient with the flatstick! I think could do some damage.

Ultimately, This is 441's and Jdtox's decisions of what they feel is the best for their teams. There are sure to be hurt feelings, and what if's. I do not envy the position these guys are in.
All I ask is that if selected support the event, support the forum, and if not do the same. I would hate to see the butthurt factor push anyone away from this site.
I think 441 wants all the ohio guys he can get at the event supporting his team, and I am sure Jdtox feels the same way. Everyone wanting a spot is committing to be at the event, I hope those who are not chosen still choose to support their teams' captains.

YOu forgot to answer the question
glad my golf is better than my reading comprehension.

cbaker2882 - awesome dude who gives a ton to the forum
canadan - You know he will show up and play good
ntanygd760- You won't find anyone who is going to practice and have their game ready more so then me.

Hope you Ohio guys catch a beating come June, but you guys are giving some very good and well thought out answers. Obvious you are a close-knit group who would all be good members of the team. Its more fun watching you guys answer this question than when we had to last weekend.

Pretty hot under these lights eh Seinfeld

Even if I don't make it in the captains picks. I will be helping out those who did make it. Always up for a good drive to play with fellow golf nuts like myself.

This is going to be a looonnnnggg weekend.

very long

You guys talking about Gunner's drives again?

The three guys playing with Mike Sunday are gonna have a hard time concentrating haha

I have a question for the Captains. Once the teams are final. Will you be disclosing why you chose who you chose. For instance:

"Chosen one" reason selected...

But please don't post why someone was not selected.

You guys talking about Gunner's drives again?

I am dying to see the long drive competition between jspangs and gunner! I've heard Jspang is comparable to Jamie Sadlowski and Gunner is to Tim Burke.

The three guys playing with Mike Sunday are gonna have a hard time concentrating haha

Thought he was potentially out cause of the need to get a sitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

441 always finds a way

I am dying to see the long drive competition between jspangs and gunner! I've heard Jspang is comparable to Jamie Sadlowski and Gunner is to Tim Burke.

Hahaha, you guys keep selling it like the McGregor vs Aldo fight and it will end up being like the Kimbo vs Dada 5000 fight( for those MMA fans) lol

Michigan Slice: All the same reasons as before. But will also add that when I played with him last weekend, he had a tough front 9, and you wouldn't have known whether he was shooting even par or 100. Still had a great attitude, and then came back and played really well on the back 9. Tells you a lot about someone.

Wyzyguy: Bumping him up this time around because his passion for this event is contagious and Im 100% sure he will work his tail off to get ready.

Lions81: See my post from a few pages ago. Lions fans have been through enough disappointment, time to turn the momentum around. Jim Bob Cooter time.

I once ran a mile in 4:55....true story

Sounds like a ploy to see who offers up their wife/daughter/grandmother to watch the kid. Mike is a sneaky one. :alien:

I miss Pinslayer... But his alter Ego PKORF reminds me of old Tim Conway skits called Dorf on Golf. Ive never met PKORF, but I think he has to resemble DORF....:act-up:
Is Ntanygd760 the caddy?

OK outside of me of course since I would think everyone would put themselves on the list. Here is who

PhillyV- You know this guy is going to put in the time to be ready for this event. Seems like he plays with no pressure and when the time comes, will execute the shot that is needed

Mmaynard11- Have had the pleasure to play a few rounds with him and his game has come around nicely. As long as his driver is hitting fairways, he can be a very big asset to the team

Robozeo- can you blame picking the guy who drives all over Ohio to play some golf, and while doing it throws up some good scores. You know you won't go wrong picking him for the team

PhillyV - Great dude, great THPer, passionate about the event, and I think this event needs a PhillyV vs. Michigan Slice match up.

Canadan - Just needs his first HOF tag, so might as well throw him in there.

robman - It would be kinda cool to play this event with your brother I would have to imagine. Love the idea of family and Rob is a good addition.

I haven't wavered my desire to play in this event, but I wanted to throw out 3 names that weren't myself because in no way do I "deserve" or anything close to that word to play in this event. I want to, badly, but I'm not going to hate you or hold it against you for not picking me. There aren't too many events that I'm not participating in that I would consider driving myself over at 6am just to hit balls on a range and BS with some great people, but this is that event. I want to represent and I want to represent in a great way for Ohio, THP, and True Temper. Whoever gets picked will get my support.

Oh...and :alien::alien::alien::alien: for good measure.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I miss Pinslayer... But his alter Ego PKORF reminds me of old Tim Conway skits called Dorf on Golf. Ive never met PKORF, but I think he has to resemble DORF....:act-up:
Is Ntanygd760 the caddy?

Well Slice you finally made me laugh. Hard. That's hilarious and ntanygd760 as the caddy is priceless. I miss PinSlayer too sometimes but I'm sure with enough coaxing he may come out of retirement someday. Maybe on a range....in June? Well played buddy

Last edited:
Back