Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit an absolute beauty into the 17th today (http://www.harbornegolfclub.org.uk/hole_17)

Nice drive to the middle of the fairway left me on a steep uphill lie. The second shot was 180-190yds uphill 70-80% of the way, completley blind so I had to line up my shot whilst walking down into the valley off the tee.

I absolutly stiffed my 3 iron hybrid to 1 foot, I knew it would be on the green as I felt like I hit it well. Couldn't quite believe how close it was though, so I managed to walk away with a birdie on what is widely believed to be the hardest hole on the course! :)

My round yesterday I pitched it from about 75yards to an inch of the pin on the second hole of my home course, nice and easy birdie made there! :)

That sounds awesome!! The sort of shot where you wish you were in a computer game so you could press the replay button so you could have watched it ;)
man im just glad both brothers were there to witness it even if i didnt... lol
I hit an absolute beauty into the 17th today (http://www.harbornegolfclub.org.uk/hole_17)

Nice drive to the middle of the fairway left me on a steep uphill lie. The second shot was 180-190yds uphill 70-80% of the way, completley blind so I had to line up my shot whilst walking down into the valley off the tee.

I absolutly stiffed my 3 iron hybrid to 1 foot, I knew it would be on the green as I felt like I hit it well. Couldn't quite believe how close it was though, so I managed to walk away with a birdie on what is widely believed to be the hardest hole on the course! :)
money shot! gotta love the birdie tap ins

My best shot of my last round was a near chip in on the 18th with a mini-gallery. The hole is a risk reward hole and I played safe off the tee leaving 165 in and hit it fat, 15yrds short. I used my 56* CG15 and it lipped out!

My coolest shot was on the 4th hole. I hit a great drive, 35yrds short of the green and hit a mediocre pitch to the front of the green. We were in a company tournement and were being filmed on the green and I sunk my 35 footer from off the green on camera! Sweet!

I was playing a very hilly course today. I used my 3 wood to drive the tight par 4 9th hole to the right side of the fairway. With 155 to the pin with a long bunker guarding the front of the green, and a short green to work with, I took my 7 iron and knocked it to within 6 feet of the pin. Straight away putt for birdie. (only birdie of the day.)

I've been working really hard on the shoulder turn and shortened back swing this past week because my coach said I have gotten back to using all arms again. I had an 83 yard uphill shot to the green and would usually hit an easy PW but I have been hitting my irons so much better that I decided to use my GW. I hit the purest shot high in the sky and it landed about 5 feet from the flag. That was a confidence booster for me. No broken wrists pulling it left and beautiful ball flight that close to the pin made me so happy! Now if I could just starting sinking those putts I would be so much happier!!!

Nice shot Kelly!

3rd shot on a par 4. 200 yds out from a rather large green with the pin up front. Drilled my 4 hybrid to within 11 yds of the pin. 2 putted for bogey after looking at a potential double bogey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best shot yesterday was followed by my worst...
best - Hit it onto the green on the 352y dog leg left 9th hole. To about 15 feet
worst - 3 putted for par.

Today it was my 3H on 2 separate holes, landed both within 10 feet of the hole after decent tee shots and it was awesome! Great round today, easily my best of the year all the way around. Wish I could bottle this feeling.

i absolutely duff/pulled my teeshot on a short par3 right behind the only bush on the left of the teebox
85 yrds... behind a 6ft tall sawgrass bush... forced carry over a pond... pin in the back
60° wedge as hard as i possibly could... flushed it
made a mean ball mark right next to the hole and it spun off of the green... ive spun balls before but not like that

I totally duffed one of my tee shots today. It couldn't have gone more than 100 yards. It was a short par 4 that had a severe dogleg right.
So I had about 195 yards left with trees in front of me. I decided to go for a shot over the trees. Hit my 4 hybrid to within 2 feet for an easy birdie.
Felt great.

Playing in a scramble yesterday and on what generally my toughest hole, a long par 5 with trees tight on both sides, I get us the about 40 yrds out with my three wood 2nd shot. Up hit chip into the wind/some what crossing, my 60* lands about two ft short, rolls two the hole and spins out at the last second. Left it on the edge.

The very next hole in a short par 3 uphill into the 25 mhp wind. I punch an 8 iron on a rope right at the flag. That Penta ball hit the green and rolls about three feet before the spin catches up and the ball stops 1 1/2 ft below the flag. we were all convinced it was going in, but no such luck.

However, on the long par 5 first I hit the best drive I could hit. Everyone was like wow, lol, until it hit the very tip top of an evergreen that sits in the middle of the course. Dead center middle and way out there, I generally land about there in the air. This time I almost clear the thing, but about an inch short, lol.

A 20' double breaking downhill putt that was icing on s*** for a 9 on a par 5

A 20' double breaking downhill putt that was icing on s*** for a 9 on a par 5

yup sounds like my chip in from the opposite side of the green for a snowman

Yesterday's was a 20' Chip-In for Par.
Made my weekend!

165 yd par 3

stuck my 7 iron 8' from the pin but 2 putted on a slight left to right putt. story of my round.

Fridays round, par 4 - 112 yd 52 deg wedge in on one bounce for an eagle!

Well mine didn't end in an eagle or a birdie but it still made my round. There is a 130 yd par 3 at my local course that gives me fits. Personally I think it's built on top of a Seminole burial site but I digress. Anyway, I typically double this hole for a multitude of reasons. Not Saturday! I hit my typical fugly 8 iron tee shot into the right side berm that was oh about 5 inches of the thickest nastiest Bermuda on Gods green earth, my heart imediantly went through my feet as I knew a terrible score awaited. So I meandered over and just tried to hack it out...low and behold it came out flush and high, a true thing of beauty, if Mickelson were there he may have shed a tear over the perfectness that it was. That little white orb dropped 3 inches from the hole and sat perfectly still, like a well trained puppy.

For a hole that has given me fits, that my friends just might have been then shot of the month for me. Oh yeah, I tapped in my wonderful par :banana:

blind 5i onto the green for a gir on 18
i ran up the hill to take a look at it after i hit it... lol

blind 5i onto the green for a gir on 18
i ran up the hill to take a look at it after i hit it... lol

Haha we have a hole like that at our course..... its downhill a lot, 2 clubs less then normal, so if you don't hit a great drive you are at the top of the hill with no view of the front pin location (water in front so it adds to the suspense) I hit a shot the other day and when I hit it I ran down the hill to see it 6 feet away...... I love those run and look shots lol

Haha we have a hole like that at our course..... its downhill a lot, 2 clubs less then normal, so if you don't hit a great drive you are at the top of the hill with no view of the front pin location (water in front so it adds to the suspense) I hit a shot the other day and when I hit it I ran down the hill to see it 6 feet away...... I love those run and look shots lol
no doubt! ours has water left of the green and a bunch of weeds or something in the front... if you dont run and watch it land it might be in either hazard

If I can't find my ball after a blind tee shot, I always assume it's in the fairway about 300 yds out and take a free drop.

10th hole, huge dogleg left with 2 bunkers at the corners of the turns (if that makes sense). Took my 3 wood off the tee, hit a perfect draw, got a good kick and ended up down as far, if not further than what I would have it a driver.

I was sad on my best hole. I hit a 3 wood on a 220 yard par three. It is straight with the fairway slanting left. The whole round I had wanted a good shot on that hole. I decided to swing easy and let the draw fight the slope (left handed.) I hit it perfectly and it hit a couple of feet in front of the green and rolled on. When it stopped it was about a foot away from the hole. I really wanted the hole in one but I was happy with my first birdie on that hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back