UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 50/50 with it in the field so far. I almost drove the green on the 2nd Par 4 which showed 331 from the blacks yesterday at Stevens Park. I got a good bounce and roll, but I never did that with any previous drivers. I also hit two low on the heel where there is a hollow area behind the face for the hosel screw and both times the ball went straight and ended up about 250 yards in total distance. Nothing to complain about there. I also drove the green at Cowboys Club I posted previously.

However, I find it really easy to get out in front of the ball with this light shaft and had some massive slices. A miss I haven't seen in a year or so. I know it's a me issue though and I'm confident that I will minimize that with some range time to get a feel for the tempo needed for the shaft.

I was travelling all weekend, so I didn't get all the way caught up until last night. What an amazing experience for you lucky nine!! Learned a lot just reading through it all. Thanks for sharing the entire thing.

I tell you what, I bet UST sold a bunch of sets of Recoils just bringing THPers in and giving them an education.

Had a pretty good breakthrough last night on the range and really wish I would have found this swing before the event. I was stoked after a few balls and I can honestly say that for the first time the shaft and XR head was absolutely working for me.

Had a pretty good breakthrough last night on the range and really wish I would have found this swing before the event. I was stoked after a few balls and I can honestly say that for the first time the shaft and XR head was absolutely working for me.

Great news! I could tell that you were getting a little frustrated on Sunday. :angel: Steven's Park may not be the best track to break in a new driver. There isn't much room for error and instead of just "free swinging", it's easy to try to guide the ball, which leads only to bad things. Glad to hear you figured it out.

I know one guy who just bought a set for his irons!

Can you pass some of that mojo my way? My swing with the XR/UST driver last night was a complete nightmare.

Who did you talk to? I sent Danny an email to try and set up an order, but he was at the Shell Houston Open the past two days.

I had some awesome drives last night on the range. I started out letting my arms disconnect from my chest which led to over swinging my body while leaving my arms behind which resulted in big nasty slices. Then I realized what I was doing and slowed the tempo down a little while staying connected and hit some of those par 4 green driving shots I got a taste of over the weekend. I expect it only to get better as I get comfortable with the new shaft.

Is anyone going to have this setup next week. I'd like to take a few cuts

Great news! I could tell that you were getting a little frustrated on Sunday. :angel: Steven's Park may not be the best track to break in a new driver. There isn't much room for error and instead of just "free swinging", it's easy to try to guide the ball, which leads only to bad things. Glad to hear you figured it out.
Yea, that 1st tee box swing was not the Chris I know. I'm glad you figured something out because you are gonna need it next weekend!

Yea, that 1st tee box swing was not the Chris I know. I'm glad you figured something out because you are gonna need it next weekend!
I think if I would have really put my head into figuring out what I was doing wrong I could have fixed it but after Saturday I was so tired I didn't feel like hitting the range and it didn't help Stevens Park doesn't have one.

I contacted Danny but didn't get a reply (makes sense if he's in Houston). I went ahead and bought the Recoils from an online dealer that I've purchased from before.

Gotcha. Thanks. I'm going to wait for him since I have a UST wood shaft coming my way.

I'm having a love hate relationship with this club. lol

I had my best day ever with a driver on the range yesterday with my XR/UST combo. Like "drive the green"'shots over and over again. For me it's a combo of keeping my arms connected which keeps my body in synch and keeps me from getting my body out ahead of the club.

I also heard ears back from Danny Wednesday and he suggested the Elements Chrome for me for a 3 wood shaft. He talked about 75 gram range Saturday at the Cowboys club for me. I'm not sure about F4 or F5 though. I also asked about ordering the Recoils, but haven't heard back yet.

Just finished up reading this thread...what an awesome event and the live updates keep rolling in. This was a great follow, the info, the swag and now I'm in full on ponder mode considering I'm wanting a new shaft for my 3 wood.

Great stuff fellas, and UST brought it BIG TIME!!!

Just got these in the mail today and can't wait to put these into play.
cf856a0843162970a3b2d058d00b78dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got these in the mail today and can't wait to put these into play.
cf856a0843162970a3b2d058d00b78dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny - also ordered the Chrome+ and should be here next Monday. The proto and I had our best day at Cowboys, since then it has not been pretty.

Funny - also ordered the Chrome+ and should be here next Monday. The proto and I had our best day at Cowboys, since then it has not been pretty.

I talked to Danny yesterday and they are sending me the Elements Chrome 75 gram F4 shaft for my 3 wood shaft from the drawing after our round. I also ordered the Recoil 125F4 shafts in 3-PW for my irons. Everything should be here tomorrow. My irons are being replaced for a warranty issue by TMAG, so I will have to wait until the end of the month to put the UST shafts into play. I will have nothing but UST shafts in my bag soon.

I've been hot and cold with the driver, but I've always been hot and cold with any driver. I think my best drives with it are still to come.

I talked to Danny yesterday and they are sending me the Elements Chrome 75 gram F4 shaft for my 3 wood shaft from the drawing after our round. I also ordered the Recoil 125F4 shafts in 3-PW for my irons. Everything should be here tomorrow. My irons are being replaced for a warranty issue by TMAG, so I will have to wait until the end of the month to put the UST shafts into play. I will have nothing but UST shafts in my bag soon.

I've been hot and cold with the driver, but I've always been hot and cold with any driver. I think my best drives with it are still to come.

Good luck with that setup, quality stuff in that bag.

Anyone still gaming their prototype?

Anyone still gaming their prototype?
I was wondering about this too after reading this thread before and during my recent trip at UST.

I'm assuming I have a newer version of the protos from this event, but I could be wrong.

I am!!!!

wrong thead.

But I am.

I was wondering about this too after reading this thread before and during my recent trip at UST.

I'm assuming I have a newer version of the protos from this event, but I could be wrong.

I figured last years participants and this years participants would have a lot to discuss/compare!

Ours was the original helium but I'm pretty sure it will be pretty close to what you guys got this year.

We just didn't get to make it one of a kind like you guys and get ours custom colored.

I still love mine though. I don't think we ever started a thread on it because it wasn't going to retail for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back