Power Bank for smartphone/tablet

Boston_golfer

Reaction score
As most of you that have tried using GPS apps on your smartphone have realized it drains your battery pretty quick. Have any of you used any of those power banks that you hook your phone up to, to charge/run off of?

Any recommendations on brands, etc?

I have multiple external batteries I carry for different reasons. I'm a big fan of the Go Puck.

I have a few Anker battery packs and they work great

I have a few Anker battery packs and they work great

Anker FTW. Customer service is second to none and they make quality products. They can be found cheap on Amazon.

I have a generic power bank that I got for free from work... that I take with me in an emergency. I have never had to use it though. I just make sure my phone is fully charged before heading out to the course, and I always have plenty of battery left after my rounds.

Where is Icey at??? He had an apparatus that plugged right into the golf cart and had a USB port. I know this doesn't work if the golf cart is gas.

Where is Icey at??? He had an apparatus that plugged right into the golf cart and had a USB port. I know this doesn't work if the golf cart is gas.

I do believe James reviewed that product a while back in the front page of THP

Was a great device. Charged fast too.

I have a mophie juice pack on my iPhone. I usually get about 12 holes in before I have to flip the switch on the pack to recharge the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a mophie juice pack on my iPhone. I usually get about 12 holes in before I have to flip the switch on the pack to recharge the phone.

just curious which app and iPhone you're using? Using Golfshot on my 6 and 6s, I still have plenty of charge left after a full 5hr 18 hole round.

just curious which app and iPhone you're using? Using Golfshot on my 6 and 6s, I still have plenty of charge left after a full 5hr 18 hole round.

Golf shot on iPhone 6

It's not the app that really kills the battery, it's the 100 emails I get that I'm always checking and Facebook lol. Also my apple watch probably doesn't help it.

d3bb727d7868398f46c95e8f35f72636.jpg

Golf shot on iPhone 6

It's not the app that really kills the battery, it's the 100 emails I get that I'm always checking and Facebook lol. Also my apple watch probably doesn't help it.

LOL the emails and Facebook will do it. Although I find that my apple watch has helped a bit with battery life on my phone when using golfshot. I only wake up the phone to input my score and to check the layout of holes I'm not familiar with. When I'm out on the course, it's my time to disconnect with the world and get away from the wife/kids/work!! I'll glance at notifications on my apple watch, but don't respond unless its really important.

Back