How do you feel about strangers hitting your equipment?

If I don't know you, your keeping your grubby paws off my clubs. Unless it's a THP even where everyone is on the range. That's a different situation. THPers won't abuse another's equipment. But just some joe smoe that I don't know or won't see again. No thanks.

Good friendships are far more important than golf clubs.
Have at my set, swing away, enjoy!:clapp:

Believe me, there was way more involved in the friendship dissolving, not just this one action. I don't want to appear like I am not an understanding fellow, I usually am. I've had friends do way worse things than this over my life time. This was just the last straw in this instance.
Based on the wording and my lack of knowledge of the matter, it appeared to be the only thing in the process. I'm glad (sounds weird but...) that it wasn't the only thing, but the final thing. Not that it changes my opinion on the situation.

I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and in no way was attacking you on the matter.

Have you tried to use pop up protectors or anything like that? What do you do when you skymark?

I have no problem letting anyone try my gear. Truthfully, ive probably forced a few people to try it along the way too

I always go by one rule. You break it, you bought it.

And by break I mean break. A sky mark or something of that sort isn't a huge issue. I will let anyone try my stuff if they want.

Not a fan

It's a no-no for me. You can hold the club but I'm not in the business of letting randoms hit them.

THP strangers = No problem :)

Mine are always fair game. But I expect you to respect and treat my clubs as if they are your own. Things can always be replaced and accidents will happen but if you can prevent them, I highly recommend doing that.

Strangers no. THPers anytime.

Do have any issues and while I don't considers THPers strangers many guys I met for the first time have hit clubs in my bag on the range

if a stranger asked to hit an iron, I would probably just hand it over. A driver or a wood....that would depend on my perception of his/her ability. I really wouldn't mind but I don't want damage on my clubs that I didn't not inflict myself.

Those questioning the OP (friendships are more important then golf clubs) need to take a step back. The title of the thread is "How do you feel about letting strangers hit your equipment". Let's stay on topic vice telling the OP what disrespectful things he should allow or take before ending a friendship.

People around me have too much pride in themselves to want to try my clubs. Besides, my golf bag looks so ratty that no one thinks there are some nice clubs there. However, good buddies and THP are welcome. My specs are so specific to me that other people don't feel like using them.

I tend to play with regular partners and I am more than happy to let them have a whack. Occasionally I'll hit a club of theirs which is always a bit of a nerve wracking experience. I don't want to be the guy that leaves the sky mark.

Dont care.

Has never bothered me.

i guess its on the person if i feel like you can control a club and not sky mark my driver, as far as irons have at it anyone.

I don't mind except when you hand your brand new FW to a guy that has had just a few too many ... "hey let me hit that thing one time" and bam ... nice sky mark. Club wasn't even a week old! Oh well, live and learn. (don't hand it to people who can't ascertain which ball to hit) A little touch up paint and you can't even notice

My bag is pretty much fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont care at all.
Never have.

Just for some extra info, a sky mark can occur just as easily off the deck as off the tee. Most think its from the pop up, but its actually more in line from the swing path than tee height.
I've skied my own clubs enough I don't mind letting somebody use my clubs, especially THPers. I'm thankful JB let me use his XR16 pro all round yesterday, and even try his XR16 with grandura shaft once, but letting others try my clubs I don't mind... however if I try somebody else's clubs, I make sure I have enough money on me to replace it in case I sky that ball.. .which is why I didn't try your XXIO lol

Based on the wording and my lack of knowledge of the matter, it appeared to be the only thing in the process. I'm glad (sounds weird but...) that it wasn't the only thing, but the final thing. Not that it changes my opinion on the situation.

I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and in no way was attacking you on the matter.

Have you tried to use pop up protectors or anything like that? What do you do when you skymark?

Please, think nothing of it. I didn't feel for a second that you were attacking me. My response was more an attempt to justify my own insecurities:act-up:. As far as protecting my woods goes, I have not put a sky-mark on a club in many years. Now that I've said that.................

And to clarify further, the guy was a work friend, not a close friend. We played golf once in a while with a group of guy's from work and all of our company outings. In all honesty it was things he did at work that drove me and all of the other guy's away, very unprofessional and detrimental in the end. That's for a different discussion......

I'm not a huge fan of letting a stranger hit my clubs, if I'm honest. The last time I did that, the guy put a sky mark on my driver and that soured me to a stranger doing that. If a THP'er wants to, then I'm good with it as most of them treat others clubs with respect like I would with theirs.

I am fine with it, now. I used to be really anal - mostly because if it was going to be idiot-marked, I preferred that it was me, so that there wouldn't be any awkwardness with someone else hitting them. At this point, though, I'm OK with it, and trust if something were to ever happen, it could be worked-out.

couldn't care less. fire away. part of the fun of playing with other thp'ers is checking out their sweet setups. if anyone is intrigued by my gear, go for it.

Back