Equipment: Big OEM or smaller Boutique Brand, who do you choose?

Equipment: Big OEM or smaller Boutique Brand, who do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been known to make a blind buy in the past but will usually stick with big OEM because I prefer to test before dropping close to $1k on irons or $400+ on a driver

I tend to go bigger brand as I've heard/read more about them and have a good idea on how well they function. Not opposed to mixing it up though, have enjoyed Hopkins, Boccieri, etc.

100% Boutique.
They'll give you EXACTLY what you want.
The major OEMs can't and won't.

Attachments

• woods and irons.jpg
    woods and irons.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • putters.gif
    putters.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
Big OEM, all day, every time. They have the capital to invest far more into R&D to deliver the best performing product, the infrastructure to provide quality fitting facilities and options at more locations, and the sales reach to not charge and arm and a leg even for custom fitting.

I voted big brand for several reasons, one is the r&d they are able to put in a stick, they simply have more money and resources. Second is cost, every time I've wanted a boutique product it was priced out of my reach, great products but for me unaffordable most of the time

I'm going with a smaller brand on my next bag.

I stick with the big brands for all my equipment. I do love to add in some boutique putters to add some flair but that's it.

I don't really have a preference either way. Every year some pieces of equipment jump out and tug at my heart strings or just flat out perform and that is the direction that I go. I do have some preconceived brand loyalties that always affect things, but they aren't set in stone.

Big brand.

Trust the name and the history but open to atleast hitting the other stuff to just try it

Back