Haha. We have a 2010 I believe. RV conversion or no conversion?
No need for the Conversion, basically need a rolling billboard and something bigger than what I have now to move bikes and stuff between the two shops.

Time to start searching for a Sprinter. Think I need one for the shops.
I'll wrap my camper for you if you need some advertising

Planning to do an RV trip this summer. Likely to the black hills and Mt. Rushmore. Maybe Yellowstone if we can swing the time off. Likely going to rent a class C from a local dealer.

Planning to do an RV trip this summer. Likely to the black hills and Mt. Rushmore. Maybe Yellowstone if we can swing the time off. Likely going to rent a class C from a local dealer.

Definitely a fun trip. One of the trips I recall doing with my dad when I was 12.

We have our first of many camping trips planned at the end of April. Can't wait to get my baby out

I think Class A diesel pusher seems like a better idea...maybe driving from your parents place...haha

What I am hearing is you guys want to drive it up. We can play some golf and hit up the fine dining establishments of Bemidji.

What I am hearing is you guys want to drive it up. We can play some golf and hit up the fine dining establishments of Bemidji.

There are doctors out there for that hearing disorder.
Think of children and their wonderful memories created at the Disney Wilderness Lodge in a large Class A. :blob:

I am not the one that you need to convince. I actually ran it by the wife a few times and was shot down cold. haha

I am not the one that you need to convince. I actually ran it by the wife a few times and was shot down cold. haha

Hahahahha.

Just finished making all the reservations needed for our first RV trip in August. Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Mt. Rushmore. We have quite a bit packed into about 10 days.

A class A would make a good addition....

Just finished making all the reservations needed for our first RV trip in August. Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Mt. Rushmore. We have quite a bit packed into about 10 days.
Have you been to Yelowwtone / GT before? Such a great area with incredible sights. One of our all time favorites.

Have you been to Yelowwtone / GT before? Such a great area with incredible sights. One of our all time favorites.
Nope. We have never been in that part of the country but we're sure are looking forward to it. What are some of the can't miss stops?

Nope. We have never been in that part of the country but we're sure are looking forward to it. What are some of the can't miss stops?
Tetons:
- Lunch at the Grand Teton lodge - big wall of windows lets you eat with a majestic view of the mountains.
- There's a spot called something like oxbow curve??? Where you can very often see moose
- If you have a day rent a canoe and drift the river - great way to take in the park and see stuff.
- You can take the ski lift / tram up to the top of one of the mountains. It's fun to get up there and see everything.
- A day hike up any of the 3 or 4 east/west trails toward the Tetons
- I think they do an old west shootout re-creation in the old west town square. Could be fun for the kids ...

Yellowstone:
- The big tourist stops - Old Faithful, the lodge, Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, etc. They will be very busy but they are busy for a reason
- Every time we've come in or out the west entrance we've seen buffalo on the south side of the road. If you turn south from the road you also have a good shot at seeing buffalo in a more close up setting.
- the Norris and Lower basin geyser areas
- Hayden Valley can be a good wildlife viewing area
- virtually any day hike ... Many will give you great wildlife viewing opportunities

Perfect thanks, we will have a Kayak with so that will be fun.

A class A would make a good addition....

Just seeing this now. I actually have the wife turned around on the idea of getting one. Need to see how this trip goes before we pull the trigger on anything however. We stopped a dealer a few weeks ago and walked through several options.

The wife and I were thinking of upgrading from tent camping (she hates it), so a compromise is a an RV travel trailer.

We would be using my Ford Explorer which has a supposed tow capacity of 2,000-5,000 lbs. (need to get a hitch installed).

We didn't want to go too big so we're considering a Fun finder X-189 FBS (20', @3,000 lbs.).

Anyone have any experience with this model or some other good recommendations? We're looking in that size range. Thanks

Just make sure you check your wet weight vs your dry weight before you make your purchase.

Just make sure you check your wet weight vs your dry weight before you make your purchase.

I assume that means everything you pack into it vs empty?

Back