The very very very large family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had an older golf club stop working because a new model was released. The moment that happens, I will be sure to update the forum with that information.

So I'd argue that pros need it more and we need it less

They hit it out of the middle of the face. Current limitations don't allow manufacturers to up COR. Us amateurs don't hit the middle of the face, which is where most of the new tech focuses.

I'll repeat it again. Pros for the most part (Taylormade staffers specifically) are looking for something that fits their eye, rather than be shape, launch angle, peak height, head shape, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A vokey wedge is an investment? How so? If I buy an SM6 tomorrow you think I can sell it for a profit a year from now? Maybe with limited edition Scottys or Bettinardis but their OTR putters depreciate as well. That isn't an investment

Not surprised u ❤️ callaway. If you keep vokeys over time they keep a higher value than any other wedge on the market unless it's completely custom.

Not surprised u ❤️ callaway. If you keep vokeys over time they keep a higher value than any other wedge on the market unless it's completely custom.

Okay but does the price still decrease? If so, that is not an investment. Not sure what me liking Callaway has to do with anything, but that is par for the course sometimes.

I know a guy who put a lot of money in to Betti's.....

He will be the first to tell you it's not a wise investment.

Well I guess that's up to the person. Anyone who. Ok let's things would more than likely say that. See....baseball cards lol

I care because it muddles the water. Avg golfers don't need that many options. It's a very creative marketing plan by manufacturers who think they need to flood the market with a ton of product and then say this is better than that....
Saying an average golfer doesnt need that many options is ridiculous.

When do options become a bad thing?

I guess shaft companies should stop making more than 1 regular, 1 stiff and 1 x-flex shaft. I mean, why do we need different options for shafts?

I care because it muddles the water. Avg golfers don't need that many options. It's a very creative marketing plan by manufacturers who think they need to flood the market with a ton of product and then say this is better than that....

When did you become the selection maker for millions of golfers. It effects the manufacture if they don't sell a line. Your issue is with the marketing not the release. And if you don't buy it, then don't purchase. Other want options and that is why companies release clubs.

Okay but does the price still decrease? If so, that is not an investment. Not sure what me liking Callaway has to do with anything, but that is par for the course sometimes.
Callaway wedges are on the same release cycle time-frame as Vokeys...so there's that...and Roger F-ing Cleveland is cooler than Bob Vokey

If you buy something to play and never get rid of it I suppose it's a bad investment. I'm with ya....but when I buy it....I keep it. This it's a collection, maybe not a good investment but they're collectible.

If you buy something to play and never get rid of it I suppose it's a bad investment. I'm with ya....but when I buy it....I keep it. This it's a collection, maybe not a good investment but they're collectible.

We won't see eye to eye on this... I'm not sure how a Vokey wedge is any more collectible than an MD3 or a RTX from Cleveland.

Putters can be collectible, but those ones that are so hard to find and therefore hold their value better cannot be classified with regular OTR club releases

Saying an average golfer doesnt need that many options is ridiculous.

When do options become a bad thing?

I guess shaft companies should stop making more than 1 regular, 1 stiff and 1 x-flex shaft. I mean, why do we need different options for shafts?

Ahhhhhh now your talking!!!!! Now keep equipment and upgrading the shafts....that to me makes a lot more sense than buying an overpriced and markets product one year later cause the tech has become that much better. That is insanity

Ahhhhhh now your talking!!!!! Now keep equipment and upgrading the shafts....that to me makes a lot more sense than buying an overpriced and markets product one year later cause the tech has become that much better. That is insanity

So golfers need new shafts every year? Even though the advancements in forgiveness and ball speeds on off center hits are all coming from the club not the shaft.. Makes a lot of sense.

When did you become the selection maker for millions of golfers. It effects the manufacture if they don't sell a line. Your issue is with the marketing not the release. And if you don't buy it, then don't purchase. Other want options and that is why companies release clubs.

I've always been that...cmon man. Don't be a silly

I'm just going to let myself out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haha, you crack me up dude.

You still rocking that Moto Razr flip phone too?

I don't buy that argument either... You can get a set of clubs cheap because prices drop pretty quickly. I can put together a darn good set of used clubs a couple models old for sub 500 bucks without issue
So you can play just as well with those old used clubs as you can your new set of Callaways? Lol

Just saying the market is saturated with golf equipment at high prices...good or bad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So golfers need new shafts every year? Even though the advancements in forgiveness and ball speeds on off center hits are all coming from the club not the shaft.. Makes a lot of sense.

Jumping jumping jumping to conclusions again!!!! Never said every year.....

So you can play just as well with those old used clubs as you can your new set of Callaways? Lol

Just saying the market is saturated with golf equipment at high prices...good or bad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Oh I probably could.. I don't buy new stuff solely because it is better, I just like new and shiny.. We all have our reasons

I dig it, just means good deals on used and close outs. My skill level is such that a new 400+ dollar driver is a waste. But, picking up that same driver a year later for 150ish bucks from Globalgolf and others is a great value.

Haha, you crack me up dude.

You still rocking that Moto Razr flip phone too?

I mean u guys are making it seem like I'm saying no new gear ever....couldn't be farther from the truth. People need to upgrade. Just not at the rate the industry wants you to believe.

Nothing in the world could be possibly better for new golfers than new releases which make great year old stuff dirt cheap. This is truly one of the silliest arguments. Econ 101 answers the question of what's better for consumers. Hint: I'm literally looking at my brand new $5 to me Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedge that came in the mail today. It was that cheap because Cleveland is about to come out with a new wedge (the grooves on this wedge don't know they are about to become obsolete) and because I was able to trade in a 3??? year old driver which has value thanks to the secondary market created by the new releases.

R15 Black TP
R15 TP
R15 Black
R15

All 4 of these are the exact same head, some a different color, some a different shaft. It's almost like buying a vehicle, except there are far more customization options and the dealer or manufacturer don't get criticized for offering more than one choice.

All 4 of these are the exact same head, some a different color, some a different shaft. It's almost like buying a vehicle, except there are far more customization options and the dealer or manufacturer don't get criticized for offering more than one choice.

Stop bringing rational thoughts in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back