What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41/49 on my home course this morning. 1 birdie, 4 doubles, 2 pars and a ton of bogies. inconsistent off the tee, short game so-so, and just not closing the deal on the putting.

played like crap but it was a nice day and I had fun anyway

42 for 9 holes. Started with a no-warm-up triple and then settled down with a birdie on next hole. Driver didn't get me into any trouble did not feel right today. With the exception of the first hole I hit everything else well. I had a few of those pitches and chips where I was just a yard or two on the wrong side of ridges. I also missed two other relatively easy birdie putts.

Mrs. cowdog played her first round of the year. She is still learning but hitting the ball better, and her chipping and putting have improved a lot over last year.

I sucked today. Shot 41/45-86. I did nothing well today. Wind was swirling around like crazy so greens were super hard to hit, my short game stayed home, and the putting got worse as the round went on. My temperment was bad too. I think the stress of moving and not having a place to go yet is bleeding into my golf game.

90. I'm disappointed with how my round went. At times I felt really good and at other really bad. Its still early but the consistency is not there yet.

77 with my regular Saturday morning crew. 37 on the front and 40 on the back (courtesy of two doubles....ugh). Nice start to the season though - but I can't help but wonder if this could've been an all-timer for me without those two garbage holes :)

Fired off a 76 today. Felt freaking amazing to actually be able to score a little bit again and not just scramble all day.

My 3rd round of the year. A dejected 40/44 84 at Newman Golf Course Peoria, Ill. w/ a lost ball triple and no birdies.

I admit that I pretty much gave up on the back 9 after missing my 5th green from inside 130 yards. I'm trying maintain my spine angle better through impact but I keep hitting these weak slappy wedges out to the right.

Got out to play 9 this afternoon with my neighbor. Shot a 40 which I will take after not playing for about 2 weeks now. Wedges were money as that has been the focus of my practice of late.

...and that Heavenwood is the best purchase I've made in some time. Just kicked the J40 3w out of the bag.

Fired off a 76 today. Felt freaking amazing to actually be able to score a little bit again and not just scramble all day.
Nice shooting coach!

A pretty good 74 (39-35).

5 birdies on the day was pretty nice, especially finishing with 4 straight birdies. The states weren't too pretty but I got around really well and am happy where the game is at. A few silly mistakes today but that very easy to fix.

I can't add very well....

Last edited:
40 - 37 - 77 in a 2 person best ball tournament. My partner did not have her normal game and we only managed a 75 today but that was good enough for a 5 way tie for second in our flight and are only 3 back from the flight leader heading into day 2 or the tournament tomorrow.

37-38 for a +3 75. I double bogeyed 18 because I am a moron.

Good thing though, in my last two rounds I averaged 1.4 and 1.5 putts per round.

48/42=90 The wind ate me up today. I just couldn't get relaxed, and was chasing the driver everywhere. :banghead: Tomorrow is another day.

42/45 for 87 at MetroWest in Orlando. Man has that course gone down in conditions since the last time I played it. Was roped into playing with a Co-workers husband that was a first time player. What a long day!

85 today with three triples. Played a course I've only played once before and when I messed up, I did it bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

47/43 for a 90. I played better then the score shows for the most part. I had two 7's and an 8 on the card. I also only had 30 putts which was great for me.

Shot an 80 today after starting 1 under in the first 7 holes. Rough but I know my putter was saving my butt today but overall I like where my swing is. Just a matter of working some kinks out

44/47=91. Should've been a lot better. Driver continues to elude me.

44/41 for an 85. Drove the ball well except for on one hole where my back foot slipped.

Irons were off all day. Didn't hit them poorly, but couldn't hit a green to save my life.

Chipping and putting saved me. Had 4 one putts and drained a pair of 20 footers for par.

Had 4 lip outs that could have shaved a few strokes and one bad chip cost me a double bogey mainly because it moved as I was about to make contact.

Have some work to do at the range tomorrow.

Last edited:
44/41 for an 85. Drove the ball well except for on one hole where my back foot slipped.

Irons were off all day. Didn't hit them poorly, but couldn't hit a green to save my life.

Chipping and putting saved me. Had 4 one putts and drained a pair of 20 footers for par.

Had 4 lip outs that could have shaved a few strikes and one bad chip cost me a double bogey mainly because it moved as I was about to make contact.

Have some work to do at the range tomorrow.

"Thank you Roger Effing Cleveland!" That is still my favorite quote from a THP event.

Still early buddy, you'll be low 70s in no time.

"Thank you Roger Effing Cleveland!" That is still my favorite quote from a THP event.

Still early buddy, you'll be low 70s in no time.
I had back to back holes where I almost chipped in today and had tap in putts. One of my playing partners asked "How do you keep doing that ?"

I simply replied with "Roger Cleveland". I explained more later.

This is ahead of my round, but I am pumped to play again. I played only 3 times last year (80,79,74) after a 2.5 year layoff for a bad hip/ultimately replacement. I already played once last month (81 - irons stunk), and after today, already have two more rounds planned in the first half of May, so I will soon eclipse last year. Today I play w/my boss and a sales guy I deal a lot with - good guys, should be fun. Boss has a new Callaway driver he's pumped about gaming. Today it will be at Rocky Branch, where I shot the 74 last year. More later!
Our threesome got to the first tee, and two guys my sales guy often plays with rolled up and wanted to join us. I detest playing 5, but this course doesn't care. Then they wanted to play 3 on 2 scramble - I refused - I wanted to play my own ball. It took about 2 hours to play 5 holes, and I was already 5 over, when another buddy of theirs rolled up and wanted them to play with him - and thank goodness they all left, leaving our original 3. From there we played the last 13 holes in a reasonable 3 hours. I got better as well, parring 10 of the last 13 holes for a 42-38--80, and really had great birdie looks on 4 of the last 5 holes, but couldn't get them in. Still, a five hour round overall felt like 12 hours, and I was really glad when it ended.

Edit - additional thoughts:
I sat down and analyzed my round yesterday, and on paper it was clearer why the scoring was poor. Twice when I missed the green, I was short-sided and hitting over large humps - both times I flopped perfectly just over the crest of the hump and got within 3 feet - my only two 1-putts of the round. I made absolutely nothing - 35 putts. The greens were transitioning to summer bermuda, and were really thin and sparse and crusty in many areas, and tho they weren't awful, they were not very true either. I drove well (9 of 14 fairways and misses well in play, and hit 9 greens, but my worst approach hit a rock outcropping left of the green and bounded hard left into a pond - my one double bogey.

Last edited:
Not an individual score but a score nonetheless....I got invited to play a captains choice tournament today and my team scored a E par 68. I had three long breaking birdie putts putting last in my group so I was really pleased with that.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back