What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be so bored

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Ha! Playing boring golf is a goal of mine. My game has more drama than an episode of Jersey Shore lol

Best round of the year. 43/50 for a 93. Just missed a couple putts and got wild on the back. 4 pars and no triples which I am happy with. Course was a little longer then I liked and it tested me but I still played good.
Stupid part is that I tried to play a 568 yard par 5 on the back. So dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47/40 for an 87. Granted I played it forward today (5300 yards) but I had several 220+ yard drives, 9/14 FIR, 7 GIR, and two birdies. Short game cost me a much better score, but that is fixable with a bit more focus and practice. Very happy with my iron play today. Even the 7i was giving me great distance and height. Very pleased with the iron striking today. A step in the right direction.

42 on a par 35. Made a birdie, but couldn't get enough pars today. Had a few good up and downs, but a couple were for bogey. Had a great shot out of the sand for a gimmie par. Thanks RFC!

90 (50/40) GHIN to 89. Front 9 I had three pars and a bunch of unplayable lies. 20 putts.
Back - one birdie and one triple (unplayable).
My ball had more cactus tines embedded in it than I could count. But I didn't lose it!! Played all 18 w it.

100 (56/44)

first half went absolutely horrible LOL! couldn't find a fairway, but found the water a couple times and a few bunkers. zig zagged my way down the 9th for a +4...

Whatever clicked on the back nine was a welcome change! I usually fall apart by the 12th hole but kept it at a bogey average all the way.

I did hit two awesome shots though. One was a line drive right down the middle that left me an easy chip on the green, made a par that hole.

The other was an approach from 120 out with a tree in my direct line. the fairway was a dog leg right. I decided to try a cut shot to fade it around the tree and follow the layout of the hole. Note I do not have much experience in working the ball flight. I tend to hit it straight, usually with a slight draw. The shot curved beautifully and landed about 15 feet from the hole for a par score!

best score so far on this course!

League play tonight (9 holes). Goal for this week was to hit more fairways than last time and have as few 3-putts as possible Achieved both goals with 3 fairways hit and only two 3-putts. Clean outs both times I was in greenside bunkers.

Had an incredible stroke of luck when a ball that headed for the water took a big skip and landed safely on the far side. However, at the end it was still a disappointing 54 on the card.

Highlight of the night was a personal-best 274 yard drive (GPS measured).

Weather was great - upper 60's, clear dry and breezy.

Posted in the wrong thread earlier. Let's try this again.

Lafayette and I shoot 39 and 40 in league play tonight and get spanked. All in all though the swing feels good right now. Good times

I got to play nine holes after work yesterday. I did not score very well but the ball good, so I was happy. And I made three pars. I played by myself and it was nice to just get out and play and relax.

36/39 75 I'm still not quite where I'd like to be with the full swing but I'm feeling pretty confident with the short game.

43 in my league tonight. I played pretty decently from tee to green, but 4 3-jacks didn't do me any favors.

36/39 75 I'm still not quite where I'd like to be with the full swing but I'm feeling pretty confident with the short game.

Good stuff, Poke! Way to score.

I shot a 41/40-81 tonight. The greens here are completely healed from the early punch already (17 days!) and they cut and rolled them in the morning so it was a really nice round, even though I didn't play well. Didnt have my swing tonight. My back was stiff and the cold after sun went behind the mountains didn't help that much. Still, the bad holes were contained to holes 6-13 (+8) so there was some good play in there. Finished with my only birdie on 18 after sticking a little knockdown wedge to 2'. A good way to finish a tough round.

Not a good league night. Shot 43, with 3 doubles. Just getting over a piched nerve in my shoulder, should be playing better now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

43 in league play, played in a steady/heavy rain for pretty much the entire round. Ironically enough my driving, short irons, pitches were all solid. Chalk it up to be a little more concentrated Lost 4 or 5 strokes on the putting green :angry:. Unfortunately no birdies, out of 4 chances (two of which I 3 putted for double).

45/46 = 91. I was doing fine till the foursome in front of me waved me through. Not complaining, it was very cool of them, but I have a knack for blowing up when I do that. Then after catching up to a twosome video tapping each other's drives I sort of lost my concentration.

43/43 played a course I have not played in a while. Greens were freshly aerated and looked like they had not been mowed in a day or two. Struck the ball well just kept leaving putts short. Overall I am pleased considering the conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

79 for me today. A lot of pars, 1 birdie, but 2 doubles kept me from a really good round. Either way its improvement from how I've been scoring so far this year. Encouraging. Played 6700 yards, par 72.

39 on the front at the home course. Happy for the first time out

Played poorly off the tee, at least 7 holes punching out from tree trouble. 44/42 86

52/47 for a 99. Struck it decent just had a few bad holes and missed opportunities. 7/14 FW 1/18 GIR & 34 putts

This is ahead of my round, but I am pumped to play again. I played only 3 times last year (80,79,74) after a 2.5 year layoff for a bad hip/ultimately replacement. I already played once last month (81 - irons stunk), and after today, already have two more rounds planned in the first half of May, so I will soon eclipse last year. Today I play w/my boss and a sales guy I deal a lot with - good guys, should be fun. Boss has a new Callaway driver he's pumped about gaming. Today it will be at Rocky Branch, where I shot the 74 last year. More later!

Shot 79 at the home course. Shot 38 on the front (4 bogeys 2 birdies), on the back shot 41 (3 bogeys and a double on holes 14 to 17)

Shot 94 (+21) on par 73. Used to be my home course but been over a year since I've played there. Horrible day with the wedges and putter.

75 this morning at Pagoda Ridge. We did some match play so there were some conceded putts in there, but I played really well regardless.

88 today. New clubs worked well but my putting is an absolute disaster.

I didn't even realize it was possible to be this bad at it.

The good news is I hit the pro up after the round and he showed me the problem. I'm to hunched over and my eyes are way past the ball looking down. Using the Odyssey mirror we got it straightened out just need to put it to practice now.

It's amazing how poor my game is compared to only two years ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back