Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure you'll be able to find a demo man! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for sure. keep us posted as always and good luck bud.

It really is a shame too, because we had both sets down at the demo. Hopefully we will have them at the next demo as well.

Seriously considering the HB3 hybrid irons for my regular iron set.

i honestly think it would make a ton of sense. i watched you lay up to a 4 hybrid distance all day and execute just fine. perhaps you need to bag them for a round or two and see how it goes.

i honestly think it would make a ton of sense. i watched you lay up to a 4 hybrid distance all day and execute just fine. perhaps you need to bag them for a round or two and see how it goes.

I dont have them. But I am pretty sure I can grab a set and try it out. I hit PR Guy's (keith) at the outing and really liked them quite a bit. I know Smallville likes them as well.

I dont have them. But I am pretty sure I can grab a set and try it out. I hit PR Guy's (keith) at the outing and really liked them quite a bit. I know Smallville likes them as well.

well, i think it could make for an incredible write up and review.

Really liked the diablo edge fairway woods ... may have to add a 3 wood to my bag!

That would be sweet. You were roadhousing that hybrid out the outing good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor Made SuperTri with Project X 5.5 and a 50* JAWS!!

found a dealer where i can find the :taylormade: XFT wedge for $90. damn, that was a good price. maybe i just should get it as i've been recomended it earlier in this thread.

thinking supertri driver. I have a project x 6.0 shaft that I can use with it.

Nice!!! I have been seriously considering going to the 50/54/58 setup myself. So why not the 50 in the xft?

Hmm Ive actually been gaming the 56 and 60* Jaws. I think the Jaws are a bit more forgiving and softer then the Xft's. And I love a 60* wedge and what I might have done is bend the 56 to 55

Hmm Ive actually been gaming the 56 and 60* Jaws. I think the Jaws are a bit more forgiving and softer then the Xft's. And I love a 60* wedge and what I might have done is bend the 56 to 55

So you'll have a 5-6 degree gap between your 50 and 56? Sounds like a very unique setup.

So you'll have a 5-6 degree gap between your 50 and 56? Sounds like a very unique setup.

Both the X-24 and Burner 2.0's PW are 45* and the AW are 50*, so 5* seems to be the norm

That would be sweet. You were roadhousing that hybrid out the outing good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do love a nice straight ball flight and they provide it really well.

That is what I did. Had my 56 bent to 55 and it gives me 50, 55, 60 and nice even gaps throughout.

Ya think so? Irons seem to go from 3-5 degrees of separation. Take the R9s for example. 8 is 36, 9 is 41, PW is 46, I think 50, 55, 60 go perfectly with that combo and many just like it. Personal preference I guess.

Ya think so? Irons seem to go from 3-5 degrees of separation. Take the R9s for example. 8 is 36, 9 is 41, PW is 46, I think 50, 55, 60 go perfectly with that combo and many just like it. Personal preference I guess.

Yeah, when it's laid out like that it's far more reasonable. I just read 50 to 56 and thought about my experience with wedges and those who I play with, who usually have either a 52 or 54 in their bag. So I guess more in this case, that's unique to what I am used to, not so much how the degrees are separated in reality.

Yeah, when it's laid out like that it's far more reasonable. I just read 50 to 56 and thought about my experience with wedges and those who I play with, who usually have either a 52 or 54 in their bag. So I guess more in this case, that's unique to what I am used to, not so much how the degrees are separated in reality.

Yeah I was always surprised to see so many with the 52, 56, and 60 setup and then realize that their PW is 45. It makes for a pretty big gap. But that is what is so great about wedges is just how personal people can dial them in.

Yeah I was always surprised to see so many with the 52, 56, and 60 setup and then realize that their PW is 45. It makes for a pretty big gap. But that is what is so great about wedges is just how personal people can dial them in.

my PW is 46, then I go to 52-56-60. I tried going 46-50-54-58 in the past and it just didn't work out for me.

preachin' to the choir bro! well, i know you spent a lot of time, testing, demo'ing before going with the R9's, so i am bummed for ya, but it will work out in the end. someone who's been wanting R9's for a while may just get lucky!

Sorry to hear that Dan...I know you really did your homework before buying those. Best of luck and I'm sure it will all work out! I initially didn't like the J38 DP's but a guy we had sub for our group had some with DG x100 shafts and I loved them. Way different feeling than when I hit them with a stiff shaft. Good luck with whatever you choose!

dude, i think you may want to contact the following places in mason, oh:

heritage club
golf center @ kings island

both i found on bridgestones dealer locator. just thought it may be a good starting point.

So, like TC said, I started calling around to see if ANY of these dealers had a demo in the shop, and it was an entire miss. That being said, on my 6th call, the guy opted to give me the Ohio reps number, and after calling him, he offered to drop off a couple demo irons at my course while he is in town later this week.

This just goes to show how awesome Bridgestone is. He loved that I was THAT interested in getting a few swings in with their irons, and I loved that he was willing to accomodate me in hopes of getting the right set of irons in my hands. My personalized title says it all. Bridgestone owns so hard.

And JRod, he said most of his demos have the flighted project x 6.0s in them but he would try and find an x100 laying around. The most important thing for me right now is getting a club I feel comfortable standing over and one that provides enough feedback to still give the feel I demand. This is REALLY exciting haha! Just wanted to share another awesome experience I have had with Bridgestone.

So, like TC said, I started calling around to see if ANY of these dealers had a demo in the shop, and it was an entire miss. That being said, on my 6th call, the guy opted to give me the Ohio reps number, and after calling him, he offered to drop off a couple demo irons at my course while he is in town later this week.

This just goes to show how awesome Bridgestone is. He loved that I was THAT interested in getting a few swings in with their irons, and I loved that he was willing to accomodate me in hopes of getting the right set of irons in my hands. My personalized title says it all. Bridgestone owns so hard.

And JRod, he said most of his demos have the flighted project x 6.0s in them but he would try and find an x100 laying around. The most important thing for me right now is getting a club I feel comfortable standing over and one that provides enough feedback to still give the feel I demand. This is REALLY exciting haha! Just wanted to share another awesome experience I have had with Bridgestone.

great customer service like that goes a long way in this type of business. That is great to hear.

great news dan! good for you for seeking out, hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

Hey TC and OEM, I am thinking about either a another hybrid or a 5 wood, is there anything coming down the pipeline I should be waiting for?

Hey TC and OEM, I am thinking about either a another hybrid or a 5 wood, is there anything coming down the pipeline I should be waiting for?

yes, yes there is! trust us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back