The Official Tiger Woods Thread

you might be right, but I'd rather see the players that are in contention.

until he proves that he can make the cut regularly, he is a washed up hasbeen

Tiger sells...

Viewership will be wayyy up if he plays so he will get shown a lot. Television stations are in the business of making money.

yup that is terrible news, majors are usually fun, his presence will ruin it for everybody. we will be stuck watching a guy shoot in the 80s thurdsday and friday, and will keep hearing about it during the weekend....

I hope Tiger and Bubba are paired in a featured group

you might be right, but I'd rather see the players that are in contention.

until he proves that he can make the cut regularly, he is a washed up hasbeen

Well washed up has-been might be a little much, but you are free to your opinions. What's unfortunate for you is that the media seems to love following what that washed up has-been does.

Do you get upset watching coverage of Watson at the Masters?

I didn't get to watch much when he was playing, but yeah I think it's questionable that they kept showing him even wiht eh way he played. but to be fair, when they picked him as a part of a marquee group, he was actually one of the favorites to win the tournament.

I'm really excited for Tiger to return. I really hope he comes back and plays well. I'm the first to admit golf doesn't need Tiger with everyone they have, but he sure makes it fun.

I am a Tiger guy so I am thrilled he is back. If he does well and makes the cut awesome,

If not, then the people who hate him won't have to see him on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope we see him before the US Open, as that will not be an easy test for his first professional rounds of 2016

Tiger sells...

Viewership will be wayyy up if he plays so he will get shown a lot. Television stations are in the business of making money.

oh I agree with you, and I'm sure a lot of people are happy about it. the only thing that irks me is when you will see the recap it'll be 5 minutes of the play by play of why Tiger missed the cut. oh and by the way, that guy won

If he is indeed coming back, I hope he's at least competitive. Assuming his back is no longer an issue, I think he can pull off a few more wins. Not sure about majors, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to break Snead's record.

I hope he is competitive in whatever event(s) he chooses before the US Open and during it. So many good/great players right now golf doesn't need tiger but having him around is still good for the game

Tiger who? I thought he joined the Navy?

Seriously though, a healthy and competitive Tiger is good for the game, no doubt! I'm sure he'll have at least one tune up event before the US Open. I'm telling you, I thought that the ESPN article would light a fire under him. We'll never know if that truly was the case, but the timing sure makes it seem that way. It sort of feels like a "I'll prove you all wrong" statement to enter the US Open not even a week later.

Tiger is taking part in an event right now at his course at Bluejack National in Houston. He just said that the 5 holes he played in this event are the first holes that he's played since the Wyndham Championship last year. JMO, but that would mean he's far away from playing full rounds of golf in practice, much less returning to tournament golf.

I am now officially on the other side of the tiger pendulum. I'm now a fan. I love comebacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you guys. I'm thinking The Players will just not set up well and raise more questions than answers.

I'm thinking he does one of the two Texas stops in a tune up for the Memorial as those might be set up "easier" for him. Either way TW back swinging is great for golf and let's be honest he can shoot 78 both days and it will be must see tv

Colonial would be perfect for him. Doesn't have to hit many drivers there and can just concentrate on the short game.

The event thread he returns for will have eleventy billion posts. 1/3 of the posts will be discussing Tiger play, 1/3 of the posts will be complaining about Tiger and all of the coverage dedicated to him, 1/3 of the posts will be defending Tiger. 12 posts will discuss the other golfers.
Yep, don't forget Brandell will be in rare form as well
Well at least you have your expectations set correctly, but you left the 2-3 trolls ... calling him Woody and other names, with the sole purpose to piss someone off.
There will be all types watching.
I'm really excited for Tiger to return. I really hope he comes back and plays well. I'm the first to admit golf doesn't need Tiger with everyone they have, but he sure makes it fun.
it's a slow build for me. I've seen a few swings and he looks long and fluid.

I am now officially on the other side of the tiger pendulum. I'm now a fan. I love comebacks

I'm going to watching for sure. The swings I have seen look good. Good speed and balance.

I hope he he plays well and is competitive.

Y'know it's funny you say this. I've never been a huge fan but I bet I find myself cheering for him if he's in contention. Comeback story's are always the best.

To the untrained eye it looks like he didn't "go after it" for the ceremonial tee shot, but if this is the new swing, it looks efficient & I want to see it under tournament play.

Club is still a bit behind him. But he should have it dialed in by his first event.

Club is still a bit behind him. But he should have it dialed in by his first event.

I was hoping you would respond. Do you think it looks better than it did last year? Seems to be a little more fluid, but could be just him not going after it.

I was hoping you would respond. Do you think it looks better than it did last year? Seems to be a little more fluid, but could be just him not going after it.
There are things in his swing that will never go away. The drop in height and the club getting stuck. He learn this at an early stage and it's just part of his swing DNA. That being said, he has greater distance between his body and the ball. The swing moves outside on the way back and should travel back that way except he loves that inside track. And this is where he will get into trouble. These are new, full swings and expect Chris to have this dialed in by game time.

Tou out are correct, his width is back. Now he needs that timing and he will be keeping up with the young bucks. Scrambling isn't the issue, it's a the scoring. The only at he gets that down is through reps. Without reps, I fear we will see a slow climb to a descent finish. I hope I'm dead wrong and he shocks the world. With him anything is possible or it was.

There are things in his swing that will never go away. The drop in height and the club getting stuck. He learn this at an early stage and it's just part of his swing DNA. That being said, he has greater distance between his body and the ball. The swing moves outside on the way back and should travel back that way except he loves that inside track. And this is where he will get into trouble. These are new, full swings and expect Chris to have this dialed in by game time.

Tou out are correct, his width is back. Now he needs that timing and he will be keeping up with the young bucks. Scrambling isn't the issue, it's a the scoring. The only at he gets that down is through reps. Without reps, I fear we will see a slow climb to a descent finish. I hope I'm dead wrong and he shocks the world. With him anything is possible or it was.

I'm hoping it isnt an "it was" with Tiger.

I would like to see him compete again. Because...why not?

I have not quite given up on my dream of a Woods/Spieth final pairing in a major. It's holding on by a thread.

To the untrained eye it looks like he didn't "go after it" for the ceremonial tee shot, but if this is the new swing, it looks efficient & I want to see it under tournament play.

His follow through or finish looks much different to me. Doesn't look bad but just looks different. Also wonder if those shoes he's wearing will be the new TWs.

His follow through or finish looks much different to me. Doesn't look bad but just looks different. Also wonder if those shoes he's wearing will be the new TWs.

Hahahaha! I the shoes were the first thing I noticed, was wondering who else would chime in. Can always count on you!

Hahahaha! I the shoes were the first thing I noticed, was wondering who else would chime in. Can always count on you!
Hopefully they are then the 15s will be cheaper! Lol

Looks like a TPHDe shaft? Swing looks good to me...that should probably scare ol' Tiger.

Back