Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

I have about 4 of the C. Kua line that I have been swapping out of my SuperTri in an effort to try them out. I am almost ready to make the switch. I have really found one that I like. It took me using a bunch of different head/shaft combos, but the lighter shaft when paired with one of the lighter heads is working great and still has a great balance. In fact after 6-7 swings, I did not even realize how light it still was.

Hey JB -

Does that mean that you don't recommend pairing the 39 C. Kua with a heavier head like SuperTri?
I realize that I will probably need to get a heavier grip or butt weights to prevent the swingweight from getting too heavy.

Thanks.

Hey JB -

Does that mean that you don't recommend pairing the 39 C. Kua with a heavier head like SuperTri?
I realize that I will probably need to get a heavier grip or butt weights to prevent the swingweight from getting too heavy.

Thanks.

It all depends on what a person's launch conditions. I would recommend anything that the monitor said has optimum launch conditions. But in my opinion, that combo did not work out to well. Brian Gay did some of that exact testing (39g & Supertri) and had the same issues. But when put into the SF, the issues were not there anymore. Lauch worked far better.

It all depends on what a person's launch conditions. I would recommend anything that the monitor said has optimum launch conditions. But in my opinion, that combo did not work out to well. Brian Gay did some of that exact testing (39g & Supertri) and had the same issues. But when put into the SF, the issues were not there anymore. Lauch worked far better.

got it!!!
looks like i need to get another driver for the c. kua.
haha.....

thanks jb

I can see myself getting the SF TP with a C. Kua in the near future.

Miyazaki shafts for fairway woods

Miyazaki shafts for fairway woods

I have now used my Miyazaki 39A shaft on my SuperTri driver for a couple of rounds with pleasing promise. I find that the lightweight aspect did not bother me at all, especially since I specified a Winn Lite grip which gave me some heft in the clubhead feel department. I have also felt that the club itself is easier to swing, so I don't need to swing as agressively.
My question is whether any THP'ers have ever tried a Miyazaki shaft in a fairway wood ? If so, did you use a different Miyazaki in your fairway wood as you did for your driver ?

I have a C. Kua 59 gram trimmed for a FW now. Been testing it out quite a bit and like it a lot. What is the Miyazaki 39A? Im looking through the models and cant find that one? Do you mean the C. Kua 39 gram?

Im confused, isnt the Winn Lite, well a light grip? How would that add heft? You would have had to go with a standard grip to add some heft.

To be more specific, I purchased the C. Kua 39 in an A flex (senior) with an international flex code 3101 while THP was having it's golf outing. I guess it's the second best thing than being there. LOL. I had the tip trimmed a bit for little bit of stiffness to accommodate my draw swing from being overcooked. My golf buddy was impressed that I've been hitting my drives further, but I didn't tell him about my new shaft. That's a secret only for us to know.
Actually, I believe there has been confusion on our forum concerning the C. Kua 39 shaft's weight. A lot of us have mistakenly thought that the weight is sub 40 gram, but is listed on the Miyazaki website as 44 grams for the senior A flex that I have. Please refer to the Miyazaki website if you have questions regarding the specs.

Merged this one with the larger C. Kua shaft thread.

As for the shaft weight, when purchased it comes to be slightly over 40 grams (depending on the shaft up to 45) however when it was cut and ready for installation, our 39 weighed in at 39.62 grams.

But you are right, you should refer to the website for all specs.

Im confused, isnt the Winn Lite, well a light grip? How would that add heft? You would have had to go with a standard grip to add some heft.

Kevin,

I believe that using a lightweight grip like a Winn Lite will give you a lighter overall weight, but will give you a higher swing weight, therefore giving the golfer the impression of more heft. For me, the combo of a lightweight C. Kua and a lightweight grip gives a nice heft to the club head of the SuperTri. Even if it didn't quite suit the individual golfer, you can then purchase an additional TM set of weights in different grams and tinker with it till you get the head weight feel desired.

I think what he means is that most of the heft is in the head instead of a heavy(er) grip counter balancing the one end against the other.

Thats how I understood it anyway....

Kevin,

I believe that using a lightweight grip like a Winn Lite will give you a lighter overall weight, but will give you a higher swing weight, therefore giving the golfer the impression of more heft. For me, the combo of a lightweight C. Kua and a lightweight grip gives a nice heft to the club head of the SuperTri. Even if it didn't quite suit the individual golfer, you can then purchase an additional TM set of weights in different grams and tinker with it till you get the head weight feel desired.

Oh ok yeah I see what you are saying now, my bad. Im looking at one of these for my 3W too btw and am very curious to hear your results and what you decide to do

Kev,

You know it was actually a bit shocking, because the very first impression of placing the new C. Kua shaft on the SuperTri head, the club actually felt heavy. But for me, herein lies the secret for longer drives : A lighter club for a faster swing speed with a higher swing weight for a sense of control. If it works for me, it should work for others. For I am Average Joe.
Kevin, I am actually waiting for you to spend your dime on a Miyazaki in a fairway wood, so you can tell me how it works.LOL. Let's see who will cave in first. Hopefully, another THPer.

Kev,

You know it was actually a bit shocking, because the very first impression of placing the new C. Kua shaft on the SuperTri head, the club actually felt heavy. But for me, herein lies the secret for longer drives : A lighter club for a faster swing speed with a higher swing weight for a sense of control. If it works for me, it should work for others. For I am Average Joe.
Kevin, I am actually waiting for you to spend your dime on a Miyazaki in a fairway wood, so you can tell me how it works.LOL. Let's see who will cave in first. Hopefully, another THPer.

Can someone explain what a flex code of 7785 would do?

..as in, what kind of swing speed would be ideal, what would the characteristics of the ball flight be, etc...?

So I listened to both... They gave some great insight for sure, and maybe more than anything it'll convince me to hang off on getting one before getting to an outing and swinging a couple different styles, but I am still interested in what wasn't answered..

I know the 4 points represent butt/mid-butt/mid-tip/tip. What I don't fully understand, is what they change, specifically. He spoke a lot about softening the tip for higher ball flight, but never spoke about how a softer butt end would change the swing.

What is your Int'l flex code on your driver JB? Can you tell me why you opted for them and how they benefited your swing?

I have a few. But I really like 5544 for me. Smooth and fairly in between S & R. Its about the least resistance shaft my swing can handle and I love it.

I have a few. But I really like 5544 for me. Smooth and fairly in between S & R. Its about the least resistance shaft my swing can handle and I love it.

I thought that the stiff 5544 was a great feeling shaft. If the project x turns on me, I will be looking at the Miyazaki

Do you know what the butt end stiffness changes in a swing specifically? As in what would change the characteristics of a ball flight the way a softer tip would raise the ball flight?

For me it adds stability and smoothness through the swing and loading and unloading.

I think these shafts are what make the Cleveland Light drivers and the Cleveland Mashie so impressive. I really question the durability of the ultralight shafts but I trust Miyazaki when they say they are as stable and as durable as the regular shafts on the market.

Esp with the hybrids- the light weight makes swinging "easy" easier. My best hybrid shots are when I am smooth and controlled and these shafts just accentuate that feeling. It helps that there are several different flex codes allowing each person to come away with as close to a "custom" club as possible.

I wanted to experiment a little and see what one of these shafts would do to my SF 3W. It should arrive tomorrow with the new C Kua shaft in it and Im very excited to see how it performs. Hopefully a more penetrating ball flight then the stock R shaft it had in it.

I wanted to experiment a little and see what one of these shafts would do to my SF 3W. It should arrive tomorrow with the new C Kua shaft in it and Im very excited to see how it performs. Hopefully a more penetrating ball flight then the stock R shaft it had in it.

I wish I could follow through on my whims like you can. I envy the life of an OEM'er like yourself!

Back