THP FF Week 5 Thread

see I want a Method 003 for christmas....

Obviously, I think much higher of Ray Rice and much lower of Caddy and Harvin (at the time) than you do. That's why I thought it was unfair. If you think the same thing about my trade (before Moss went to the Vikes), then by all means press veto.

It's not right to veto me just because I vetoed one yesterday though, totally different situations.

This week is getting VERY interesting!

I think you may want to read my post again. I said I will not vote either way.

But what I said was that its the same thing, and frankly what you think of someone elses trade should play little role in whether or not they make it in my opinion (and strictly my opinion). But you chose to use that card and play that role and you explained your reasons. Now others CAN view those reasons as legitimate and use them in this role as well. Will they? I doubt it, but like you said, it is their choice.

I also said that if you offer a trade and its accepted, then you reap what you sew.

Just like you view Cadillac and Harvin, some might view Portis (who is hurt) and Colston (who has no TD's). That is why in MY OPINION, the VETO is for collusion in fantasy football. Not based on someone not liking how a team is turning out after they choose to make a decision.

This is all my opinion and only my opinion. As the commissioner, like I said, I would not vote. I will leave that up to everybody else.

Last edited:
Damn it all this veto crap is taking away from the Slump Buster Bowl.

Hell yeah it is. The biggest game for trash talking rights all year.

Lol... This all makes me laugh. I feel like veto'ing cause I got my feelings hurt.

Lol... This all makes me laugh. I feel like veto'ing cause I got my feelings hurt.

This is why I love you Yoccos. You are just so much fun. That right there is funny!

In honor of the biggest game of the year Im going in to change my team name right now.

Just imagine if did a Fred Jackson trade yesterday!

In honor of the biggest game of the year Im going in to change my team name right now.

love the new team name...hope it lasts past this weekend

I think you may want to read my post again. I said I will not vote either way.

But what I said was that its the same thing, and frankly what you think of someone elses trade should play little role in whether or not they make it in my opinion (and strictly my opinion). But you chose to use that card and play that role and you explained your reasons. Now others CAN view those reasons as legitimate and use them in this role as well. Will they? I doubt it, but like you said, it is their choice.

I also said that if you offer a trade and its accepted, then you reap what you sew.

Just like you view Cadillac and Harvin, some might view Portis (who is hurt) and Colston (who has no TD's). That is why in MY OPINION, the VETO is for collusion in fantasy football. Not based on someone not liking how a team is turning out after they choose to make a decision.

This is all my opinion and only my opinion. As the commissioner, like I said, I would not vote. I will leave that up to everybody else.
That's true, and I'll admit I probably shouldn't have hit veto on your trade. In my other leagues, people view these things much differently, so I guess I'm just having trouble adjusting to the way things "should" be.

I still don't think there will be enough veto votes on any trade, there were already quite a few on here yesterday who said they wouldn't veto anything.

TEAM BEAT BRIDGES DOWN!!!! YES!! I veto everything Bridges!

At work... Pondering the moral dilema...

roadhouse.jpg

That's true, and I'll admit I probably shouldn't have hit veto on your trade. In my other leagues, people view these things much differently, so I guess I'm just having trouble adjusting to the way things "should" be.

I still don't think there will be enough veto votes on any trade, there were already quite a few on here yesterday who said they wouldn't veto anything.

Great post and I agree. There is no right and wrong, just peoples opinions and thoughts. Tone is hard to tell in posts, so it comes off in other ways. Hopefully your right on the veto being used.

Lol. That would have been awesome. Had I not seen that Beast Mode was traded to Seattle I would have done the trade for the other guy (first trade). Then promptly veto'd today.
Just imagine if did a Fred Jackson trade yesterday!

Great post and I agree. There is no right and wrong, just peoples opinions and thoughts. Tone is hard to tell in posts, so it comes off in other ways. Hopefully your right on the veto being used.
Yikes, I hope nobody is taking anything too seroiusly! :/
I haven't been using enough smileys in this thread! :) :( :eek: :D I usually use them all the time!

But 2 of those other guys have been worthless since then, showing that it is the system and the QB more than those WRs. Moss mattered, but nothing changes there in my opinion.

Note what P.Manning has been able to do with WR's brought up from the practice squad the thursday before the game. Or Collie (2nd year undrafted) and Garcon (D3 rookie) last year. The QB more than makes up for "average" WR and turns them into beasts. The scheme and the play calls make all the difference.

I am way behind and I am sure this has already been discussed but I was too lazy to read through. Ouch, I just saw this on twitter:

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter:

ESPN980 in Washington and the AP reporting that Redskins RB Clinton Portis will be sidelined 4-6 weeks with groin injury.

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggh. VETO. Hahaha.

I think it was said he would be hurt but not to this extent.

I am way behind and I am sure this has already been discussed but I was too lazy to read through. Ouch, I just saw this on twitter:

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter:

ESPN980 in Washington and the AP reporting that Redskins RB Clinton Portis will be sidelined 4-6 weeks with groin injury.

Awesome, just what I needed. lol

Awesome, just what I needed. lol
You'll be cool as long as Torain stays healthy. It actually might be better now that you won't have to try and figure out who will get the carries.

Wow Bridges. So you got a WR with no TD's. A RB out 6 weeks, his backup who has about as many NFL carries as you do, and a squirrel for Randy Moss and two guys named _JL_

And someone is going to compare this to Harvin and Cadillac for Ray Rice? hahahhahahhahahahhahahh :alien::act-up::blob::D

Back