Mizuno MP T-11 Wedge

look pretty damn sweet, give some away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we give away a ton of stuff here and more is coming very soon. We have not even shipped the prize for our last contest of a pre-release driver yet.

i think that's a valid concern as well, but i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. just wait til you chip or pitch with these things, the amount of spin you'll see is crazy.

I think this relates to most people using non-full swings with their wedges and wanting a little touch. You are supposed to use as light a flex shaft as your swing can hold up to and for wedges, I think most people like slower tempos and swing speeds.

These looks awesome...can't wait to hit them. Nothing quite like a forged wedge.

Been spending some time with these and just sent them off to get the shafts Vibrant treated. YAY!

Been spending some time with these and just sent them off to get the shafts Vibrant treated. YAY!

Nice! What colour did you go with?

I messed around with them a bit at Golf Galaxy today... Seems to be they have some serious weight to the head. I really like the finishes too..

I was considering other wedges when the guy that is my fitter suggested these a few months ago. I figured what the heck. The guy has been good to go so far. They have been terrific and everything everyone has been saying regarding feel.

The only other wedges I kinda' wish I had tried were Eidolon wedges because of the way they have designed the sole of the club. However I can't say that my game is good enough or so advanced that I could look back over the last few months and say that I would have done better in a particular situation if I had an Eidolon wedge.

Took these out for their initial resting, no range work like I usually do so it was right to the course with these. My old wedges were MPT-10's and these are not your daddy's Mizunos. First impression is that they're a little heavier in the head which has a nice feel to it. The head itself seems to be a little smaller itself which takes a little getting used to. The DG Spinner shafts are legit and feel great on all types of shots. The Quad Cut grooves are serious spin meisters as well. I'm not a huge spinner of the ball but with the alignment of the grooves and the milling on the face/grooves these things made the ball spin a few times for me. The forged feel is something you need to experience for yourself. Pure buttah when struck well but forgiving as well.

Took these out for their initial resting, no range work like I usually do so it was right to the course with these. My old wedges were MPT-10's and these are not your daddy's Mizunos. First impression is that they're a little heavier in the head which has a nice feel to it. The head itself seems to be a little smaller itself which takes a little getting used to. The DG Spinner shafts are legit and feel great on all types of shots. The Quad Cut grooves are serious spin meisters as well. I'm not a huge spinner of the ball but with the alignment of the grooves and the milling on the face/grooves these things made the ball spin a few times for me. The forged feel is something you need to experience for yourself. Pure buttah when struck well but forgiving as well.

I think the shafts have way more to dowith the spin than the quad cut grooves. I saw some crazy spin! Sounds like you enjoyed them. Can't wait to hear more buddy.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I believe the grooves are all placed at different angles to impart more spin in conjunction with the shafts. More on that for my official review though.....
I think the shafts have way more to dowith the spin than the quad cut grooves. I saw some crazy spin! Sounds like you enjoyed them. Can't wait to hear more buddy.

I believe the grooves are all placed at different angles to impart more spin in conjunction with the shafts. More on that for my official review though.....

Well, I just can't see conforming grooves imparting more spin than my non conforming grooves. But they do, and ironically they have spinner shafts.

Second round for these things today and I'm really liking them so far. I seemed to have kicked my 60 yard chipping yips (at least for today) by just trusting the wedge and committing to the shot. The feel and control that comes from the forging is really special. Paired with the DG Spinner shafts and a slightly smaller but heavier head than the last generation and these wedges were solid performers. Full wedge shots are really nice with a nice medium/medium-high ball flight and a hop and stop or a hop hop and stop landing. Can't wait to take them to the range for more work but hitting them on the course for the first time this weekend for 2 rounds didn't make me feel like I wished I had hit them before playing them.

I do. The weighting is a great feeling that helps you keep the wedge down and through your shots. And I actually think it helps you from over swinging on shorter shots as the weight has enough 'oomph' to put muscle behind that shot for you
You think the head weight helps keep the momentum going on your shots Hanks? That's awesome your confidence is high with them!

Anyone know if these will be available in the black finish as they 10's were? Or does one have to go custom:alien2:

Anyone know if these will be available in the black finish as they 10's were? Or does one have to go custom:alien2:

I have not seen the all black (near raw) finish.

Yeah, I was afraid so. Black nickel it is then, that was putterzone that did the custom work on these wedges for you recently correct?

Yeah, I was afraid so. Black nickel it is then, that was putterzone that did the custom work on these wedges for you recently correct?

Putter Lounge did some work for us and yes, they did the Mizuno wedge in the blue mirror finish.

hmm... They must have had the 10s sitting right beside the 11s at GG, because I swear I saw an all black version... Yeah, looking at a lot of the online retailers, nothing on an all black, however, the more I check out the black nickel, the more I like it!!

I got to try out the MP-T 11 60* wedge today out on the course, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I like the weight of the clubhead, and the feel is fantastic. I think the feel can be attributed to the new unique spinner shaft and the forged clubhead working together. A well struck shot transmits a satisfying sensation into the hands unlike any of the cast clubs I've had the chance to play. I got to try only about 6 or 7 shots so I am no expert with this club, but I'd certainly include these on a shortlist to replace my aging, grooveless CG10s. I thought I was going to go with the XFTs or CG16s this fall, but now I'm not so sure at all.

you were definitely dialed in with that wedge yesterday g4l.....you need to OEM that thing stat!

How would you compare the forgiveness with the cleveland wedges?

I dont think any wedges are all that forgiving. I mean they are blade style irons. The CG14s were about as forgiving as you get for tour style wedges. The new CG16s offer more forgiveness than both.

I dont think any wedges are all that forgiving. I mean they are blade style irons. The CG14s were about as forgiving as you get for tour style wedges. The new CG16s offer more forgiveness than both.

i'd agree with JB, if you are looking for more forgiveness in a wedge look at the niblick. ironically, i had the cg14 before the mpt 11's and i find the 11's much easier for me, but i think that has to do with a little more weight in the head of the club.

+1

for me the 11's offer the best feel out there that I've hit so far. That includes the CG16's and the JAWS however the JAWS are very close. The only difference is the weighting
i'd agree with JB, if you are looking for more forgiveness in a wedge look at the niblick. ironically, i had the cg14 before the mpt 11's and i find the 11's much easier for me, but i think that has to do with a little more weight in the head of the club.

+1

for me the 11's offer the best feel out there that I've hit so far. That includes the CG16's and the JAWS however the JAWS are very close. The only difference is the weighting

and the jaws do have some weight in the head. i don't even really notice the head weight in the 11's. they just flat out work. i love them.

Back