Nike MachSpeed Black Driver

this is my only 'complaint' so far. if the head was a tad heavier it would be a lethal club. you notice this on mis-hits which still tend to go straight but with noticeable distance loss. but when you hit it on the screws it defintiely goes. when I was really hitting it well yesterday I was getting 250-260 pretty consistently
I hit this driver on the range for quite a while and I didnt LOVE it, I didnt hate it either. To me, its just way too light. Some people may prefer that, but I dont. It did have a hot face, when you hit it good, it goes great. Again, I didnt have any GREAT hits with it because of the lightness, its kind of crazy how light it is. I love the look of the driver and I think Nike will be very succesful with this driver.

this is my only 'complaint' so far. if the head was a tad heavier it would be a lethal club. you notice this on mis-hits which still tend to go straight but with noticeable distance loss. but when you hit it on the screws it defintiely goes. when I was really hitting it well yesterday I was getting 250-260 pretty consistently

man, I agree, the head could use just a little more weight to it....I mean, that sucker is just light. Again, which I think some people are gonna LOVE!

+1...definitely see this as Nike's answer to TM's Burner
man, I agree, the head could use just a little more weight to it....I mean, that sucker is just light. Again, which I think some people are gonna LOVE!

lead tape boys! put a swath across the bottom hanks and see what happens.

good call.....I love to MacGyver clubs hehe

good call, but I dont wanna put lead tape on it. I think this driver will do VERY well.

good call.....I love to MacGyver clubs hehe

well, it would make for some interesting testing. i'm sure it is not recommended and it may throw some things off but i'd say if you could tinker a bit, you may find something perfect for you.

I've got a newfound excitement for this club after yesterday's round in which I played it exclusively. I've got the square one and I think it is just such big adjustment that it was difficult at first. I do agree with you guys on the look, it is super cool.

I've got a newfound excitement for this club after yesterday's round in which I played it exclusively. I've got the square one and I think it is just such big adjustment that it was difficult at first. I do agree with you guys on the look, it is super cool.

Don't know about you guys but I think Nike is by far coming out with the sexiest clubs this year... And this ones the topper

Don't know about you guys but I think Nike is by far coming out with the sexiest clubs this year... And this ones the topper

it really is a great looking stick. i think it's a sleeper as well. i played with P4B when he gamed it on the champions course and it was very solid for him.

I had the round one on the champions course with you TC, the square one I have now is taking me a little more time to get used to. I hit the ground bombing the round one though, that's for sure.

Watched the Hanks game one yesterday and I have agree, its one of the best looking drivers out there and maybe the best looking one Nike has ever come out with.

I had the round one on the champions course with you TC, the square one I have now is taking me a little more time to get used to. I hit the ground bombing the round one though, that's for sure.

yes you did. it was a subtle bomber too. i know you were consistently a little further up the fairway than i was with it too. i liked the ball flight it was producing for you, especially in that wind.

I guess my question is how is this different or better looking than say the SuperTri? Isnt it the same for the most part? Black crown, matte black face, black sole? The irons look pretty good and are a nice addition, but again, how many companies have chrome blades? Those that are still making them went away from chrome due to glare. I like what Nike is doing, but I am not sure I would say best looking out since they are very similar to so many others.

it really is a great looking stick. i think it's a sleeper as well. i played with P4B when he gamed it on the champions course and it was very solid for him.

Good point JB, I don't have a SuperTri to compare it with but I do love the looks of those as well.

i'm looking at the complete club JB. you are right, the ST is all black'd out, but not the stock shaft, whereas the MS has that awesome matte black fubuki shaft.

I think this is what pulls the entire look of the MS together.....
i'm looking at the complete club JB. you are right, the ST is all black'd out, but not the stock shaft, whereas the MS has that awesome matte black fubuki shaft.

I have to agree with JB here. And Cleveland, umm I think thye may take the cake this year. An awesome lineup! and TM, well, they have been bringing it for some time now.

The differences on the bottom are huge from the supertri IMO. And the combo set is something like no other. I love the blades. Just as much as I like the mp68s or the mbs. But the tm blades I think are hideous. But this driver is much nicer than the supertri and paired with the blades makes me think they're releasing flat-out awesome stuff. But mizuno has the mp11s which do alot for my eye so I put them way up there with Nike. I wish mizuno would start with some awesome drivers though

The differences on the bottom are huge from the supertri IMO. And the combo set is something like no other. I love the blades. Just as much as I like the mp68s or the mbs. But the tm blades I think are hideous. But this driver is much nicer than the supertri and paired with the blades makes me think they're releasing flat-out awesome stuff. But mizuno has the mp11s which do alot for my eye so I put them way up there with Nike. I wish mizuno would start with some awesome drivers though

mizuno makes drivers? lol

i agree, comparing stock everything to stock everything, the MS driver is phenomenal looking.

Have you seen these in person? Im looking at the sole on each and just not seeing it. Maybe I am missing something.

What TM blades are you speaking of? The ones that dont come out till next year?

I dont know. I think this comes back to seeing in hand pics vs some pics found somewhere on a counterfeit site that is different (not talking TM vs Nike)

The truth is, they are chrome blades. Not much different than been done for quite a while. In my opinion anyway. Those that love Nike products will love these. Those that dont will find fault in them. TO me, they look good, but I would not call them the best looking out there. Just my opinion though.

Just talking pictures. I haven't had the opportunities to see them in person. And I agree with the forged blades comment. Alot of them are similar, which is why I like them all.

I thought the tm blades were in the ad they released? Not a counterfeit site, either or, I saw them somewhere And didn't like them. But they could be different than the ones I saw, I don't know.

The machspeed looks different than the supertri to me. And the design on the bottom I like more.

Just talking pictures. I haven't had the opportunities to see them in person. And I agree with the forged blades comment. Alot of them are similar, which is why I like them all.

I thought the tm blades were in the ad they released? Not a counterfeit site, either or, I saw them somewhere And didn't like them. But they could be different than the ones I saw, I don't know.

The machspeed looks different than the supertri to me. And the design on the bottom I like more.

Yeah, aesthetics will always be very personal. I like where Nike is going with their stuff.

I have never been a fan of Nike drivers but I may have to give them a serious look. Some good products coming out it seems.

Back