Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

Superstroke is bigger. Test complete. hehe
===== QUOTE thedue ====

How about a putter grip test? Superstroke vs standard stock offering?

===== /QUOTE ====

Wow, that was a quick test, lol

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Would be willing to mail in my baby (Lajosi LPS1) to you JB to compete in the center-shafted and grooved shootout. People need to roll this putter for Kari, his putters can stand with the big boys, the only problem may be the lie (68*) and length, but feel and roll are feel and roll.

Jman,
We appreciate teh offer and have 2 Lajosi Putters here for testing. While it is an incredible gesture, if something happened to the putter during testing, we would feel awful and just cannot assume that responsibility between testing, shipping, etc...

If Lajosi would like to send in a center shafted putter for testing, we are always welcome of course.

Will you throw a center shafted test in there? I have figured out that I just like center shafted putters, I would like to have an idea of which one rolls the best.

do I need to rephrase this for an answer? not being rude.....just wondering if you could do a little center shaft shootout if you have time.

do I need to rephrase this for an answer? not being rude.....just wondering if you could do a little center shaft shootout if you have time.

Do you have models in mind or just every single center shafted putter? :alien:

Jman,
We appreciate teh offer and have 2 Lajosi Putters here for testing. While it is an incredible gesture, if something happened to the putter during testing, we would feel awful and just cannot assume that responsibility between testing, shipping, etc...

If Lajosi would like to send in a center shafted putter for testing, we are always welcome of course.

No worries JB, It wouldn't bother me in the least. I'm actually in communications with Kari right now about my new CS and told him about the shootout and have been explaining it to him, he's truly, truly excited about it and his putters being in it. I'll be sure to mention if he wants to send in any more for testing in the shootout he can.

My offer will still stand, and I'd have no hesitation sending it in to you guys, it'd be a-ok insured priority.

Do you have models in mind or just every single center shafted putter? :alien:

no certain models, I dont know what you have.....I am not one to spend $300 bones on a putter though. so I guess that would knock ou tthe custom putter companies

no certain models, I dont know what you have.....I am not one to spend $300 bones on a putter though. so I guess that would knock ou tthe custom putter companies

We are taking requests for companies and models, so that we can contact them and have them submit them based on these requests. If there are certain models that are intriguing to you, please let us know.

how about some of the backstryke putters? No particular model in mind. Interested to hear the thoughts on how they compare to everything else.

We are taking requests for companies and models, so that we can contact them and have them submit them based on these requests. If there are certain models that are intriguing to you, please let us know.

k, I will do some research

For CS (and in One-T's range, hint hint One-T, check it out! AWESOME stick lol) how about contacting Bobby Grace for a Jordan and any of the other non CS "Classic Battleground Series". I'd also like to see a BG Triumph in with the mallets.

Also be cool to contact Jay with TP Mills and see if they'd send in a couple TP's maybe. Also maybe something from the master-puttermaker himself Tad Moore (a REALLY approachable guy).

Just thinking outside the OEM box, you know me LOL.

Another from an emailer.

G'Day, I am very interested in the feel of some of the custom putter makers and high end OEM putters like Odyssey Black, Kia Ma, Scotty Cameron compared to the lower level lines like Cleveland Classic.

Another from an emailer.

G'Day, I am very interested in the feel of some of the custom putter makers and high end OEM putters like Odyssey Black, Kia Ma, Scotty Cameron compared to the lower level lines like Cleveland Classic.

This kind of falls into FLTC's idea of comparing the heel shafted models. They all have one.

For CS (and in One-T's range, hint hint One-T, check it out! AWESOME stick lol) how about contacting Bobby Grace for a Jordan and any of the other non CS "Classic Battleground Series". I'd also like to see a BG Triumph in with the mallets.

Also be cool to contact Jay with TP Mills and see if they'd send in a couple TP's maybe. Also maybe something from the master-puttermaker himself Tad Moore (a REALLY approachable guy).

All of those companies have been contacted. You want to know what is funny? I dont want to take this off topic at all, but we have never even received an email or phone call back from Tad Moore or TP Mills. In fact someone from TP Mills contacted us via Twitter once and then never returned our email. With the size and views of THP, we get contacted by companies every single day wanting their items reviewed. We just wont try and chase people down. There are plenty of other places that do that. Some companies understand and see the size of a site like this. Other companies do not. It is entirely up to them and we respect their decision. But once a company is contacting (any company, not just golf) via email or phone, you would expect at least an acknowledgement. This is not some small blog here, having a website this heavily trafficked, an online forum, a complete print publication with tour player interviews, 2 different radio show/podcasts, one on JUST PUTTERS, you would think differently, but it is what it is. This is definitely for another thread and a rant sometime.

I have my thoughts on the matter, but I will keep those to myself.

All of those companies have been contacted. You want to know what is funny? I dont want to take this off topic at all, but we have never even received an email or phone call back from Tad Moore or TP Mills. In fact someone from TP Mills contacted us via Twitter once and then never returned our email. With the size and views of THP, we get contacted by companies every single day wanting their items reviewed. We just wont try and chase people down. There are plenty of other places that do that. Some companies understand and see the size of a site like this. Other companies do not. It is entirely up to them and we respect their decision. But once a company is contacting (any company, not just golf) via email or phone, you would expect at least an acknowledgement. This is not some small blog here, having a website this heavily trafficked, an online forum, a complete print publication with tour player interviews, 2 different radio show/podcasts, one on JUST PUTTERS, you would think differently, but it is what it is. This is definitely for another thread and a rant sometime.

I have my thoughts on the matter, but I will keep those to myself.

Hmmm, thats strange indeed JB. Its always amazing how different people have different experiences, maybe b/c I'm just a solo consumer and you're a site? I dunno and it doesn't matter really (I would indeed like to see that other thread and rant, but, we've had discussions between us like that before lol).

Good stuff, this is shaping up to be one helluva good shootout. I hope Mr. Grace sends stuff in!

Thanks JB.

Hmmm, thats strange indeed JB. Its always amazing how different people have different experiences, maybe b/c I'm just a solo consumer and you're a site? I dunno and it doesn't matter really (I would indeed like to see that other thread and rant, but, we've had discussions between us like that before lol).

Good stuff, this is shaping up to be one helluva good shootout. I hope Mr. Grace sends stuff in!

Thanks JB.

You of all people really would. I know that companies get bombarded by little blogs and "media" for goods all the time. Certainly they should be able to separate the "real" places from the smaller sites. Its not a knock on the smaller places at all, different perspectives are what make this game and world great. But I know in every other realm of service, returning an email or phone call is a pretty easy thing to do. Perhaps one day, I will make that rant and show some people what really goes on with some companies. For now, it is best left unsaid.

Some companies love to see their equipment get compared to others and reviewed by someone (our testers) that is completely unbiased. Others prefer word of mouth from consumers only. Heck some companies even want to dictate what you write. It is entirely up to them, but THP does not change their rules and will always do unbiased feedback and reviews. Heck, our entire golf outing and demo day is based on unbiased consumer feedback. Just surprising with how a select few choose to go about things. I think it really comes down to understanding and moreso a misunderstanding on one side. But with so many great companies lining up to have their equipment put to the test, we hardly lose any sleep over it.

here is a brief example. One company that produces putters we reached out to 14 months ago. Never heard a word from them. No response nothing. Then out of the blue, 3 weeks ago, an email shows up that they are sending a putter to us. Hmmmm.

Every company is different and we work with so many (about 90% of them) that we cant lose sleep over the ones that choose to do business differently. After all, it is their choice and we respect their choices.

Okay, my mini rants are over. Lets celebrate the companies that want to be involved with this....

And as always we will ALWAYS send in requests to ANYTHING that someone asks for.

thank you for the info, I will check it out!

Wow, this one is popular.

I would like to see and hear about the new Gambler compared with the Bettinardi line. Both look awesome.

Okay, my mini rants are over. Lets celebrate the companies that want to be involved with this....

And as always we will ALWAYS send in requests to ANYTHING that someone asks for.

Good stuff JB. Just know I'm not trying to rile you up or anything I can't imagine some o fthe stuff you guys have seen with how some really are, that why I always like to hear your rants! Its educational to me! lol

Now back to the real gems, the putters! Sorry to derail this!

How about one of those entirely funky new "Axis" putters?

I would like to see and hear about the new Gambler compared with the Bettinardi line. Both look awesome.

Having dug out a pic of the Gambler form the interweb recesses lol....I can see why, good dang looking for sure.

added to the first page

Good stuff JB. Just know I'm not trying to rile you up or anything I can't imagine some o fthe stuff you guys have seen with how some really are, that why I always like to hear your rants! Its educational to me! lol

Now back to the real gems, the putters! Sorry to derail this!

How about one of those entirely funky new "Axis" putters?

Never a problem JMan. You are a great guy and full of information for so many people.

so let it be written...so let it be done....
Hanks, can you update the first post under the "Battles". This is going to be awesome! Thanks.

And we have more.

Insert vs Non-Insert in performance only
SeeMore putters the more info the better
Bettinardi putters...Please get the 2011 line

Back