shewythemuss

Reaction score
Handicap
Im still in mid bag shuffle and have come to the conclusion that my technique is just not up to it when it comes to fairway wood :beat-up:,I prefer hybrids and although I know they probably don't travel as far I just find them so much easier to hit more consistently.
Anyhow my 4i is 23 degrees and good for around 175-180 my next club is driver at 10.5 coming in aroun 230 off the tee, any ideas what to pop inbetween, a 15/19 hybrid or 16/21? or should I just put an 18 degree hybrid in there.
Cheers in advance STM

This is always such a hard question. The way I see it, anything over 210 and I'm not really going for the green, so I don't really need a club for it. If I'm stuck in a situation where I'm that far out, I usually hit the longest club I feel comfortable with and pitch/chip on. Others play to a number b/c that works for them.

I use a 19.5° hybrid as my longest fairway club, but usually just stick with the 4h at 24°. The gap between them is not bothersome for me.

i think you could make an argument for the 15/19 combo or just the 18*. it all depends on how well you hit that particular hybrid

Yeah thats pretty much my take on it as well,at 200 yards anything round the green is good.I tried a Clevland DST 2i the other days and was hitting it really well so may play that as my longest club.

Yeah thats pretty much my take on it as well,at 200 yards anything round the green is good.I tried a Clevland DST 2i the other days and was hitting it really well so may play that as my longest club.

nothing wrong with that at all.

I only use the 3W off the tee, and that isn't very often. If I can't hit driver, I usually go with the 19.5° because it's more reliable for me. I tried the 3W off the fairway the other day and it was BAD lol.

My club for this spot is my 19.5* W/S H.S. fybrid it is easily the most versatile club in the bag . As Easy to hit off of the tee as a driver/wood, and its easy to get up high off the deck too, can work it left or right without any trouble . I use it in place of a
5-wood thru 3-iron and for anything 180 to 220 out , and it will usually sit on the green while my 3-wd will just keep rolling and rolling . If you are not going to use a wood i would suggest a hybrid around 18* to 21* with a 40 to 42 inch shaft . (just my 2-cents)

I think a 19* hybrid would fit just fine in that gap.
I carry one of those (R7 Draw) and love hitting it.
The distance I use it for is from 205 to 220 and it works quite well.

Back